Zwift.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
User avatar
markus
Posts: 911
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:09 pm
Location: Gitmo nation reindeer

Re: Zwift.

Postby markus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:34 pm

norbs wrote:
Time the ARSE guys did a ride together again.


Let me know when :) The real shitty weather has arrived here so just fired up Zwift again last week.
Much cycling such kilometers.

User avatar
CLP
C grade super domestique
Posts: 4179
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:37 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Zwift.

Postby CLP » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:40 am

markus wrote:
norbs wrote:
Time the ARSE guys did a ride together again.


Let me know when :) The real shitty weather has arrived here so just fired up Zwift again last week.


On the flip side.. weather here is bordering on sensational :D

User avatar
DarrenM
Posts: 6046
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:21 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Zwift.

Postby DarrenM » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:03 am

In order to continue to make Zwift bigger, better and more beautiful, we are updating our membership price to AUD$19.99 per month, effective today. As a way of saying thank you, however, to the awesome Zwifters who helped us get here, your pricing will not change for one year. If you happen to suspend your membership during this period and come back, you can still enjoy your current pricing level. (Visit our FAQ for all the details.)


As nice as it is, I can't justify $20/mo for it :(

For now I'll be suspending the account and possibly just enable it for a month or 2 in winter.

User avatar
CLP
C grade super domestique
Posts: 4179
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:37 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Zwift.

Postby CLP » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:36 am

DarrenM wrote:
In order to continue to make Zwift bigger, better and more beautiful, we are updating our membership price to AUD$19.99 per month, effective today. As a way of saying thank you, however, to the awesome Zwifters who helped us get here, your pricing will not change for one year. If you happen to suspend your membership during this period and come back, you can still enjoy your current pricing level. (Visit our FAQ for all the details.)


As nice as it is, I can't justify $20/mo for it :(

For now I'll be suspending the account and possibly just enable it for a month or 2 in winter.


Same..
I'll keep my account going until the price goes up (since existing users get a delayed price increase) but I suspect i'll can it after that. I don't use it nearly enough to justify $20/month :(

User avatar
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist
Posts: 8807
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:26 am
Location: North of the dog fence, Adelaide.

Re: Zwift.

Postby KNAPPO » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:46 am

I cancelled mine about half a week ago. Its still active till Dec 3, 2017 so hopefully if I decide to go back itll still be at the lower price. $20 per month is a hard ask...

I want to see some serious development to justify that price. Not necessarily new roads in Watopia but new maps at the quality level of Watopia. London never really grabbed my attention, as nice as real world locations are the fictional Watopia is just more fun.
No more radio for the rest of the race.

User avatar
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado
Posts: 8316
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:33 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Zwift.

Postby Duke » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:54 am

And some if you blokes complain about the expensive of iRacing. :rolleyes:
Good to see most of you are consistent.

Wonder what our ED will say & do about his Zwift account now?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."

User avatar
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist
Posts: 8807
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:26 am
Location: North of the dog fence, Adelaide.

Re: Zwift.

Postby KNAPPO » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Duke wrote:And some if you blokes complain about the expensive of iRacing. :rolleyes:
Good to see most of you are consistent.


Even at $20 its better value than iRacing.
No more radio for the rest of the race.

User avatar
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian
Posts: 20788
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Zwift.

Postby norbs » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Duke wrote:And some if you blokes complain about the expensive of iRacing. :rolleyes:
Good to see most of you are consistent.

Wonder what our ED will say & do about his Zwift account now?


Im not sure how the 2 can be compared. I dont have to pay for every new piece of content that comes out. I can race my mates at any time we please. And, it is improving my health.

I am not all that pleased about the increase, but it isnt 100% like I have seen people say. At the current exchange rate, we already pay $13.40/month. The $10 us USD. 50% increase is steep though.

Also, I get another 12 months at the current price, so that makes it a bit easier to swallow.

And lets crunch some numbers for my usage.

First go https://www.strava.com/activities/295040929

Around 31 months at lets say $15AUD is $465 spent so far. 297 hours done on Zwift brings it to $1.5/hour for the service. No trainer costs.

Yep, so for me, not even worth worrying about (Bitcoin mining will cover it every month) . Even when you take the trainers into account, I have still spent more money on sim racing, and that is without being raped by iRacing.

It wont be for everyone, but it keeps me fit, I enjoy the social side and I am less likely to get cleaned up by a car. :yes:
Image
ImageImage
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.

User avatar
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian
Posts: 20788
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Zwift.

Postby norbs » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 pm

KNAPPO wrote:I cancelled mine about half a week ago. Its still active till Dec 3, 2017 so hopefully if I decide to go back itll still be at the lower price. $20 per month is a hard ask...

I want to see some serious development to justify that price. Not necessarily new roads in Watopia but new maps at the quality level of Watopia. London never really grabbed my attention, as nice as real world locations are the fictional Watopia is just more fun.


I reckon the developments will come. The group workouts just dropped. The mobile app is getting better. There is a ways to go though.

Im with you Knappo, Watopia cant be beaten right now.
Image
ImageImage
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.

User avatar
hutchy
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Zwift.

Postby hutchy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:59 pm

I have just cancelled mine until next winter......I enjoy it when the weather is too bad to ride.

Yes I agree Watopia is the best place to ride London & Richmond bore the piss out of me!

User avatar
CLP
C grade super domestique
Posts: 4179
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:37 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Zwift.

Postby CLP » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:13 pm

At the moment, (for me) I don't see any reason for me to cancel. I was already ok wearing the current monthly cost for the occasional zwift session that i might do. It was a good thing to have available should i want or need it. I can't see that changing in the next year that the price remains the same.

Bumping the price up starts making it look a bit like an extravagance that i could perhaps do without. At best, it might turn into a service that i pay for by the month when i feel like i want to use it. Unfortunately, that then takes away a bit of the spontaneity from using it as a training aid. I suspect Miss V is thinking the same way too with her subscription.

No doubt, if I was using it to the extent that Norbs does, then I'd consider it a bargain. Even at $20/month it comes out at pretty decent value. For me, it doesn't work out quite so economical. last month I did just 3 sessions, for a total of about 3.5 hours. Previous months i've done zero. So i'd either need to be more committed to riding Zwift or decide to ditch it.

It's a bit frustrating, because all of the recent development looks really promising, especially around Wattopia and the mobile app.


Return to “Cycling”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest