Bikey Booty!!!! What you got fool?

CyclARSEts talk in here.
MADCAP

Re: Bikey Booty!!!! What you got fool?

Postby MADCAP » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:23 pm

Found the most logic solutions, Took the crank arms off and will send tomorrow morning to bike shop in Norwood, got good mates that can help at Bicycle Express - she won't budge no matter what i did.
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Tallboy CC +

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Postby KNAPPO » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:32 pm

New pack day!

Picked up an EVOC Stage 6L with 2lt hydration bladder. The straw broke the Camelback's the other week when I had a rear tyre sidewall get cut down and didnt have a tube with me to repair it and had to do the walk of shame home.

Apart from the zip ties & gear cable ive needed these items at least once on a ride in the past. Hangers cover off both bikes and the first aid kit was a nice bonus to be able to get it to fit in. Should have had basic first aid with me since riding with the kids as they have scraped up knees in the past and I wasn't prepared.

Back ventilation, the dual helmet attachments and even a built in buckle whistle are the icing on the cake.

Now that all those people know where the ‘1’ was on the old logo they can spend the next 25 years looking for the ‘F’ in the new one.

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Postby KNAPPO » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:35 pm

That gear cable came in handy at 8:30am this morning when I snapped mine on a tree log. Had.it.fixed trail side in about 20 mins, internal routing is a bitch!
Now that all those people know where the ‘1’ was on the old logo they can spend the next 25 years looking for the ‘F’ in the new one.

CLP
C grade super domestique

Postby CLP » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:49 pm

that seems like epic forward thinking :P
suspect i'd just call it a day after a snapped gear cable. Can't for the life of me work out how you snapped a cable on a log though, especially with internal routing.

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Postby KNAPPO » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:43 am

CLP wrote:Can't for the life of me work out how you snapped a cable on a log though, especially with internal routing.

It was a bit frayed at the fixing point of the derailleur. I think I might have bumped the actual cage on the log and the cable snapped as a result. The hanger is completely fine and the cage isnt warped. I thought as I rode past it that was close then then heard a small noise with the gears changing instantly. #$@&%!

I had never changed a cable on this bike before. I was going to simply give up, throw it in the small chain ring and limp home with it on the smallest gear on the cassette since I could pedal. Then It dawned on me that the kids would be up and I would have a better chance with a peaceful trail side repair since I had everything I needed with the exception of a pair of side cutters to trim the cable. Got it done and the indexing about 95% so rode on for another 1.5 hours. :D

Only real tricky part was just before the BB where the cable exited the frame and entered another piece of cable outer which goes under the BB and along the chain stay.

2nd ever ride with a spare cable packed and I needed it. Had to laugh.

CLP
C grade super domestique

Postby CLP » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:30 pm

my CX bike will be going through *yet another* brake set iteration.

I think the front fork flex coupled with my small frame just doesn't lend it self too well to cantilever brakes (as much as i would like it to) resulting in sometimes alarming amounts of front brake shudder. So i bit the bullet and purchased a set of TRP CX8.4 V brakes. Hopefully this solves it enough to get me through CX this year, at which point in might look at building up a new bike with those fancy new fangled disc brakes...

20180219_183436_0800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Cycling”