Bike gallery.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
Brett_S

Re: Bike gallery.

Post by Brett_S »

norbs wrote:Something about saddle bags and top tube bags. :D

Looks good. How did it go yesterday?
Also got the pump on there as well :)

Good, but not as good as I'd hoped, really felt it at the 60-65k mark when we copped a head wind - so it's obviously me and not the bike that is slow :)

Can't fault the bike at all, light, turns well, and the Red groupset is damn nice and not as noisy as I thought. After reading reviews about how loud it was I was surprised that it wasn't noisy at all - probably less than the old bike

Getting some lights this week so I'll be back to training after work again and hopefully improve performance (gotta catch up to Jamo) - might need another bag or two at the front to hold the battery and a packed lunch/dinner :)
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Brett_S wrote: Here's my new roadie, and the last of the major purchases for the next 5 years (so I've been told)
very nice.. may i suggest one thing.. swap those tyres ASAP.. pretty much everyone that has had them (including me) has had a multitude of punctures.
Brett_S wrote:I would have taken the cycling express stickers off, but they are under the clear coat...
ouch.. that's a bit rough.. not sure i've ever heard of a bike shop doing that before!
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

CLP wrote:very nice.. may i suggest one thing.. swap those tyres ASAP.. pretty much everyone that has had them (including me) has had a multitude of punctures.

I had Schwalbe Durano Pluses on the last bike, but didn't have them on for very long before I sold the bike. If I hadn't sold the bike to a mate I would have swapped the tyres over :)
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Brett_S wrote: Thanks :) Looking around for some new tyres at the moment
if you're looking for something durable, wiggle have their gator skin pack (2x tyres, 2x tubes) here for not much money

from the photo, the bar looks angle up a bit too much which probably makes the drops effectively useless (hard to reach the brake and gear levers). If you're comfortable on hoods as-is, you might like to think about a shorter stem at some point in the future, assuming you have plans to use the drops :)
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

CLP wrote:
Brett_S wrote:from the photo, the bar looks angle up a bit too much which probably makes the drops effectively useless (hard to reach the brake and gear levers). If you're comfortable on hoods as-is, you might like to think about a shorter stem at some point in the future, assuming you have plans to use the drops :)
Ended up ordering the Gatorskins from Cell - usually they deliver within 24 hours :)

Yeah the pic was before I did the adjustments to the setup - so I've angled the bars down a fair bit
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Brett_S wrote: Ended up ordering the Gatorskins from Cell - usually they deliver within 24 hours :)
nice.. just had a look.. their prices are pretty competitive on those. For some reason i always for get about Cell when i'm ordering stuff. I should pay better attention to them! :melt:
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I know I keep going to Wiggle to try and keep my 12% discount. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Bike gallery.

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:I know I keep going to Wiggle to try and keep my 12% discount. :)
U sucker!!!
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Flinty72 wrote:
norbs wrote:I know I keep going to Wiggle to try and keep my 12% discount. :)
U sucker!!!
Not so much now as I have bought a few things for the guys at work that have taken up cycling. I promise them 10% off at Wiggle, they fucking jumped at it :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

avro707c wrote: Mine, after getting back from a ride tonight. And please, no comments about the size of the saddle bag. It is not that large. :p
looks pretty slick..
don't seem to see that many Treks about the place, at least not in adelaide.. not sure if it's different elsewhere around the country.

saddle bag looks appropriately sized..... assuming you need to carry a packed lunch.. and your camping equipment ;)
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Well, put down a deposit on a Whyte 901 hardtail mountain bike. Finally going to retire my old dually (very tired - cracked forks and rear swing arm). Will post some pics once it's in my hands. See Whyte 901 for a preview.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Pinger$ wrote:Well, put down a deposit on a Whyte 901 hardtail mountain bike. Finally going to retire my old dually (very tired - cracked forks and rear swing arm). Will post some pics once it's in my hands. See Whyte 901 for a preview.
nice! :) i'm a bit of a fan of the Whyte bikes.. friend of mine has a Whyte .. possibly last years model of that bike.. she loves it :) though was still a little too hefty for racing CX.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Clp, For the cyclecross.. dont think you will be stuck in the runts.

Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

wobblysauce wrote:Clp, For the cyclecross.. dont think you will be stuck in the runts.
yeah.. but thinking the lifting of the bike over barriers might require a hydraulic lift or something though :nod:
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Ride over them? :lol:
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

CLP wrote:
wobblysauce wrote:Clp, For the cyclecross.. dont think you will be stuck in the runts.

I got stuck into a runt once, I was smashed and thought, ' Hey, YOLO!"
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

EJ, So how long did the tattoo take to do?

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Brand New CX Steed.. 2011 Focus AX 2.0. picked up this morning :) planning to race it tomorrow :)
IMG_0038_0800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Nice :) It looks racey!

And here I am still with just the 1 bike!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Enforcer-J wrote:Nice :) It looks racey!

And here I am still with just the 1 bike!
we'll see how racey it is tomorrow! :D i think it'll be pretty slushy, so i'm not sure how the stock tyres will go under those conditions.. all the same, will be fun :)

1 bike bike doesn't seem like enough.. but maybe that's just me :P though i became annoyed that i ran out of bike profile slots on my garmin :/ possibly a first world problem :melt:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So here I a thinking my 1st post in this thread would be my Wilier Gran Turismo but until SRAM RED 2012 is more available & hopefully a bit more affordable I decided a resurrection build was the way to go.
So it was to be a conversion of my old (1st ever paid for racer) Repco Olympic 16 into a super commuter, wet weather Single-Speed cruiser.
The bike had been seeing service for the last 8 yrs as our kids ride of choice, hosting one of those rear rack mounted baby seats.
Now that both kids are riding for themselves I had the frame, forks & a boat load of spare parts (from racing) to make it into a pretty sweet bitsa-maloney all-weather SS.
I did have to buy a new set of wheels but other than that it was only small purchases (sales & specials) to finish the project.
All up I spent around $300 incl these wheels
The build was not too bad apart from the mudguards, they were a complete pain in the ARSE.
The bar tape is a tribute to norbs (as it looks better than orange), nah it was just laying around and matched the blue (6am-ers) theme I wanted. ;)

From This:
Olympic16.JPG
To This:
Olympic16 SS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dukester

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Flinty72 wrote: To This:
Olympic16 SS.jpg
That looks awesome! frame looks spotless.. very impressive
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Better pic of my bike
MYCLX5.jpg
but not much better :rolleyes:
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

WTF? Saw this Trek bike parked in our Christchurch office this morning...
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Belt drive, awesome.

Wouldn't mind setting one up myself but had no idea on how to source the parts.
Dukester