Bike gallery.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Re: Bike gallery.

Post by CLP »

Flinty72 wrote:You upgraded Carlos?
certainly did.. 'tis a thing of beauty :) now i just need to wait for this rain to stop so i can go out and ride it :)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

CLP wrote:
certainly did.. 'tis a thing of beauty :) now i just need to wait for this rain to stop so i can go out and ride it :)
Awesome looks great.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Flinty72 wrote:
CLP wrote:
Awesome looks great.
it's fairly had to see the detail on the finish, but it's a bit of a carbon weave pattern on it. on the other side of the bike the pinarello graphics are red, so it's not completely stealth :) just need to get a few bits to finish it off (bottle cages and garmin sensor)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

There is a hint of Pinarello about that frame.

Nice work Carlos.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:
it's fairly had to see the detail on the finish, but it's a bit of a carbon weave pattern on it. on the other side of the bike the pinarello graphics are red, so it's not completely stealth :) just need to get a few bits to finish it off (bottle cages and garmin sensor)
Ah, that is why it looks Pinarello-ish.

Are you telling me they dont have the inbuilt sensor on the frame? If Trek can do it. ;)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:
CLP wrote:
Ah, that is why it looks Pinarello-ish.
seems to be a pretty good reason ;)
norbs wrote:Are you telling me they dont have the inbuilt sensor on the frame? If Trek can do it. ;)
indeed. Giant also do it.
So that might be the only disappointment to date on it. (that said, the Trek version appears to be an extra, which needs to be purchased separately)
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

After my last bike was stolen, I didn't really have any plans to replace it - but I couldn't pass up what I think was a pretty good deal. Oppy Team carbon frame - the guy had replaced all the super expensive bits with all Shimano 105's and its practically brand new. Not bad for $700
new bike.jpg
Ordered some new gatorskins and pedals from Wiggle aswell.

I'll just need to find a safer place to lock it up now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Nice score!
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

kwijibo wrote:After my last bike was stolen, I didn't really have any plans to replace it - but I couldn't pass up what I think was a pretty good deal. Oppy Team carbon frame - the guy had replaced all the super expensive bits with all Shimano 105's and its practically brand new. Not bad for $700
new bike.jpg
Ordered some new gatorskins and pedals from Wiggle aswell.

I'll just need to find a safer place to lock it up now
Very nice! Looks like Mavic aksium wheels? And internal cabling too? Not bad at all for $700 :)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

kwijibo wrote:Oppy Team carbon frame - the guy had replaced all the super expensive bits with all Shimano 105's and its practically brand new. Not bad for $700
that's a lot of bike for $700 .. nice pickup
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Cheers guys. You make me feel better about a spontaneous splurge :)

Yep - Aksium wheels and internal cables. I think by default the bike comes with Zipp wheels but they must've been swapped too
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

I don't think a picture has e'er been posted of my mechanical horse, Beryl, the road bike that probably thinks she's at least a cyclocross bike by now ... underneath four years of dirt is a bottom-of-the-line Dawes 200 - 11 kilos of prime aluminium. She now has some new forks (old ones were actually steel, new ones second-hand carbon) courtesy of me breaking the old ones by badly packaging her for transit to Spain. These are not pictured. She's being propped up by a bamboo cane. Until moving to Spain, at least 40% of her total mileage was done at night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

'tis a fine replacement horse that Beryl..

what sort of brakes are on Beryl? cable feed is opposite to the current standard. You haven't got some crazy arse retro brakes on there have you?
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:'tis a fine replacement horse that Beryl..

what sort of brakes are on Beryl? cable feed is opposite to the current standard. You haven't got some crazy arse retro brakes on there have you?
European bikes have the brakes reversed to us.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:

European bikes have the brakes reversed to us.
that's just the cabling of the levers rather than euro specific calipers.. happy to be corrected. (eg. i've never seen the option on (say) wiggle where you could purchase a "euro spec" brake caliper)

old school brake calipers had the cable feed on the left (when we consider the front caliper, viewed from the riding position) and then campagnolo changed the standard, to put the cable feed on the right. I'm sure there was a good reason for it :)

For what it's worth, a left side cable feed on the front makes a lot of sense on a bike with the front brake lever on the right since the cable arc would be much shallower.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Carl I think your new bike calls a B2 Dad.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

I'd not be the least bit surprised if the brakes are somewhat retro (this being a 2009 bike built with bar-mounted shifters) in design, they certainly look like a modern brake but as if it had been made in the 1970s ... none of the sleek, flush fitting and compactness but wider and more clearly made of different parts.

The fronts have now been replaced (breaking the fork revealed why they hadn't really worked properly for three years - unless I manually reset them after each application - the holding bolt for the brakes was bent from when a VW decided to run into me whilst stationary waiting for it), I'll check what side the cable went in on, possibly on the right as the new calipers are more swish and modern-looking.
norbs wrote:European bikes have the brakes reversed to us.
They do (found that out by slamming on what I imagined to be the rear brake and promptly going over the bars), but Beryl was a UK build and buy so she should be the same as you guys, I'd imagine ... and I think it is just the cabling of the levers, although this experience was based on a rented mountain bike. Interestingly my girlfriend's bike that was built in Italy and sold in Spain has the brakes on the familiar side to mine.
CLP wrote:old school brake calipers had the cable feed on the left (when we consider the front caliper, viewed from the riding position) and then campagnolo changed the standard, to put the cable feed on the right. I'm sure there was a good reason for it :)

For what it's worth, a left side cable feed on the front makes a lot of sense on a bike with the front brake lever on the right since the cable arc would be much shallower.
Definitely think this is Beryl's case, and agreed that the shallower cable makes sense, although perhaps looks a little less neat with a big cable curling round.

Speaking of neat, that bike does indeed look the business!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Jamo wrote:Carl I think your new bike calls a B2 Dad.
:rofl:
have tried to find a photo of the other side.. the non stealthy side.. apparently none taken yet..
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

I can confirm that the new front brakes on Beryl have a right-hand (from rider's perspective) feed for the cable, which is still wired to the right hand lever, as it should be, unlike these crazy European bikes that try to kill me ...

"I love these real Saturdays, they're so relaxing ... not like that fake Saturday that almost got me fired. I hate them so much!"
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

My fairy basic Hasa Comp 29, only a casual MTB rider but I'm having a lot of fun through the local fire trails with it. Some front brake issues are the only complaint so far.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Well that answers what I was thinking of asking you in your other thread.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Coopz wrote:My fairy basic Hasa Comp 29, only a casual MTB rider but I'm having a lot of fun through the local fire trails with it. Some front brake issues are the only complaint so far.
nice looking bit of kit! :)
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Getting into the cycling thing, my $75 gumtree special

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

GT VIRUS wrote:Getting into the cycling thing, my $75 gumtree special
very retro looking :) enjoy :)