Post by Swain OHaw »

Someone else in the Bar Shifters Club?
CLP
C grade super domestique

Re: Bike gallery.

Post by CLP »

avro707c wrote:These are my two
wow.. very nice.

How do you find the handling between the TCR and the Madone? i'm guessing those two would essentially be competing in the market place for the same customers; interested to hear whether there's any real difference between them.

maybe one day i'll have to take another line up photo of my stable of bikes.. :nod:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

While it's probably not quite the type of bike folks round here appreciate I'm pretty stoked with my new ride, it's a Polygon Collosus TX3.0, 5.4" of suspension travel, plenty of Shimano XT bling and great fun to ride. It's pretty much spec'd the same as bikes $1k more in price. Put in 40kms on it yesterday on my local loop, with some climbing and descending last weekend up in the mountains with a couple of mates and very impressed with how it handles, even though I had a big off at speed and smashed my shoulder and head as a result. :yikes:

Note to self don't make 1st ride out a down hill run without having a feel for the bike, a stupid move in hindsight, on a positive note I have an excuse to buy a new helmet as the one I was wearing was bin job after the off. :rofl:

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Shonky wrote:While it's probably not quite the type of bike folks round here appreciate I'm pretty stoked with my new ride, it's a Polygon Collosus TX3.0,
don't mind the look of that :) Very neat looking rear suspension set up. Is a 2 x 10 set up usual for a MTB now days?
Shonky wrote:Note to self don't make 1st ride out a down hill run without having a feel for the bike, a stupid move in hindsight,
I'm still trying to find out how much I can throw around my Pinarello into corners compared to my Giant. i'm finding it hard enough to do that on the road and don't think i'm carrying as much speed as i used to :( I can't imagine trying to find your limit off road on a new ride! keep the rubber side down ;)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

CLP wrote: don't mind the look of that :) Very neat looking rear suspension set up. Is a 2 x 10 set up usual for a MTB now days?
The rear suspension feels really good, and while it looks busy around the bottom bracket, it keeps all the weight low down and the bike feels lighter than it actually is.

Pretty much anything dual suspension 2014 onwards is 2x10 now, I can't think of any new dually that is 3x10 off the top of my head. I was a bit concerned about the lack of 3x10 when researching what to buy, and was told by a few people I won't find myself running out of gears during bike path riding where I probably should just buy a roadie for, in top gear on the big ring a cadence around 100 sees 40km/hr and I can't sustain that for very long. :D

I'm still trying to find out how much I can throw around my Pinarello into corners compared to my Giant. i'm finding it hard enough to do that on the road and don't think i'm carrying as much speed as i used to :( I can't imagine trying to find your limit off road on a new ride! keep the rubber side down ;)
With a bit more time in the saddle I hope too get a better feel, the geometry of this compared to my old ride is a lot different and has thrown me completely (and literally it would seem), time to wade in the shallow end for a little while so to speak. :nod:
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Here she is, the new beast :)
THEBIKE.jpg
I ended up figuring this was so much better in value and with a big spending year ahead (and possibly to free up some cash to put more bling on the bike :)) teamed with the fact it felt just as exciting to ride as the Wilier it was the way to go. It's not as pretty but I reckon it looks awesome and it's a bit loud like most of my other hobby type of stuff. Just felt like the right fit.

That was confirmed a bit on the weekend when I took it out on my longest ride and hilliest (previous largest elevation change was around 200m, this was 1100) and got off it feeling fine muscle wise. My ARSE was a little taken aback though :)

Totally stoked with it.

Thanks to everyone, particularly Norbs, for your help in picking one :yes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Excellent choice.

That paint job is way better looking than mine.

Enjoy Mando. When you coming down for a ride?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

norbs wrote:Excellent choice.

Thanks mate. Paint looks better in the flesh, it's a bit darker than you think. The black/dark grey on it lend themselves to dark components too.

That would be awesome, we are away this weekend but we will tee up a weekend for sure!
norbs

Post by norbs »

Vilante wrote:

Thanks mate. Paint looks better in the flesh, it's a bit darker than you think. The black/dark grey on it lend themselves to dark components too.

That would be awesome, we are away this weekend but we will tee up a weekend for sure!
So what one did you end up with? Corsa Dr? What groupset?
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

norbs wrote:
Vilante wrote:

So what one did you end up with? Corsa Dr? What groupset?
DR1 with 105 :) If I don't ride a bike with Ultegra until I can afford to upgrade I won't notice the difference :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Vilante wrote:
norbs wrote: So what one did you end up with? Corsa Dr? What groupset?
DR1 with 105 :) If I don't ride a bike with Ultegra until I can afford to upgrade I won't notice the difference :)
Don't take too much notice of people that say 105 is rubbish. It just isn't. It is a very solid groupset these days.

Congrats again mate. I am super excited for you, I can only imagine how it feels for you.

The poor old Merida has been dumped for another Avanti! :D
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Super excited!

haha the poor old thing. I'm sure I'll still ride it on some commutes, when it's raining, maybe :)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Vilante wrote:Here she is, the new beast :)
Congrats! Looks awesome!

Like Norbs said, I wouldn't stress too much about the 105 vs Ultegra vs Dura Ace thing. My preference is for Ultegra, but I have a bunch of bikes with 105. i've never preferenced a bike on the basis of it's groupset! A good bike is one that makes you want to ride it, and it sounds like you've found that :) Congrats again :)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Braaaaap!
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

I'd be more than happy with some 105 stuff! Bike looks great, sure it rides nice too ...
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Thanks guys :)
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Very nice mate.....well done enjoy riding oh and there is nothing wrong with 105 gear!!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

My new beastie all finished. :vibes:

Read about it here:
http://ramblingsofclp.blogspot.com.au/2 ... thing.html
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Very nice that!!
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Awesome, would love an off-roader :)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Nice steed! head angle looks to steep for me though :)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Re:

Post by CLP »

Enforcer-J wrote:Nice steed! head angle looks to steep for me though :)
head angle might be a little exaggerated since the rear wheel is sitting slightly higher than the front :)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Miss V's new bike :)
She's pretty happy with it :)

** as an aside, have the max image sizes for the forum changed? seems i can't upload anything over ~50Kb.. though the error message I get is that images need to be under 256Kb.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

That looks the biz! Love the colour :)
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

My new hardtail, having a lot of fun in the local fire trails with it:)

norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!