Bike gallery.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Bike gallery.

Post by norbs »

Pretty self explanatory. Lets see everyone's bikes. They got a bit lost in the MEGA thread.

Me first.

2009 Merida Crossway 100 Sport-D

My new ride. by norbography, on Flickr

It has a few things different now.

32mm slicks, Garmin Edge 500, pannier rack for commuting and 900 lumen light.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Bike gallery.

Post by wobblysauce »

2010 GT Outpost.

Sigma 906, Continental Sport Contact MTB Slick Tyre 26 x 1.3 and Topeak DeFender M1/M2 but the front mud guard broke first the front part of it then the rear, not while riding but both time while putting the bike away, + a replaced a few rear spokes over the time.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

I only have a 6 speed.

Takumi

Post by Takumi »

2.7m Custom Street Sled. Custom double down tube frame with tin inlay. 75mm ground clearance, custom handlebars, 24" front wheel and a 20"x4.25" rear wheel. It's painted in the Ford FG Falcon "Ego" pearl metallic with Blood Orange stripes on the rear guard.

2.4m Bayside Stretch. 144 spoke wheels (26") with whitewalls, fixed gear with backpedal brakes, sprung leather seat & hand grips, rocker front end. Extremely comfortable bike to cruise around on :D
Last edited by Takumi on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
It's been nice, chaps.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Imagine pulling a wheelie on that bad boy! Sweet bike Tak!
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

norbs

Post by norbs »

Jesus, you might be the only one with a bell Rod. :D
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

it's my Moses bell, as i ride a lot on pathways if someones walking in front i dingle it and people just part out of the way for me to come through.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

All Taki's bike needs is an airhorn :D

My bushbasher - Avanti Ridge Rider.

bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

norbs wrote:Jesus, you might be the only one with a bell Rod. :D
and the wheel reflectors... a good pair of pliers will fix those... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

bloody hell you guys, you sure know how to make a man feel like he owns an MX5
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

you know if you wack a stand on that thing you wont need to lean it against cars Rod
Speed

Post by Speed »

Don't worry Woodsy, Emjay & I have bells & wheel reflectors. :)
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

My XC/Jumper Rig
'08 Kona Hoss Deluxe
Probably more spec'd for XC these days, slowly lightening it up. I put a shorter stem on it when I was using it for jumping, I am now running a 80mm one, it's a nice compromise between the old 30mm jump stem I had and the 140mm XC. I now run the Stem upside down as well for a more comfortable ride on the longer runs. This baby will soon be getting replaced by a duallie XC/All mountain bike, I would like to keep this as well but I just don't think I'd use it that much. This bike has been through hell and has never failed, apart from folding a few rims and breaking my bones.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Downhill/Freeride Rig
'10 Scott Voltage FR20
This thing is my baby, I sometimes cuddle it. It is about to start going through some Transformations as it just doesn't look tricky enough. So, it needs GREEN! and it's getting some. 180mm of Travel, not quite a Full on Downhill bike but compared to the 200mm they have, it is more than enough for any trails Adelaide can throw at us. It's shorter than most DH bikes too, makes it a lot more agile on the Trail and easier to pop up the front wheel and throw around.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The missus's Rig
'11 Giant Talon 1.
This thing is a ripper of a bike to get the ladies involved. Very well spec'd for price. I didn't want to go near Giants originally but to be honest, I can't fault it at all.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I need a bell. Keep forgetting to grab one. Seems to be the only thing some pedestrians react well to when you come up behind them and there are always plenty of walkers on the bike paths around here. I had a squeeze horn for a while but it was useless. It just doesn't register with most people.

Flicking my gear lever or riding on the leaves at the edge of the path works sometimes, but some people seem to panic as though they're about to get run over.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

s'ok woodsy, mine's got reflectors and a bell! we'll both get mx-5's and be happy forever! :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:bloody hell you guys, you sure know how to make a man feel like he owns an MX5

Oh fuck me that tickled my humour gland!
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i've never really thought about how gay a bell and reflectors are. I'm not really a gear person when it comes to bikes, it has wheels, pedals etc and i can ride it so it'll do. The bell is going to stay cos i find it handy fucking people off out of the way, but the reflectors are coming off. I'm going to pimp my ride machine. Or un pimp it i guess. Does it need flames down it's flanks?
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Nice bike Hz :yes: . Why don't MTBs have upside down forks like motox bikes ? Will post up some pics of my bikes soon when my daughter returns with the camera .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

w00dsy wrote: I'm going to pimp my ride machine. Or un pimp it i guess. Does it need flames down it's flanks?
Spokey Dokes are back in style at the moment and don't forget the handlebar tassles :up:
mrleisure wrote:Why don't MTBs have upside down forks like motox bikes ?
Maybe because disc brakes are recent? With the brakes mounted on the fork you might not be able to get as much travel if they were the other way around.
Last edited by DarrenM on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

DarrenM wrote:
w00dsy wrote: I'm going to pimp my ride machine. Or un pimp it i guess. Does it need flames down it's flanks?
Spokey Dokes are back in style at the moment and don't forget the handlebar tassles :up:
and flags... you can get them from mobilityscooters.com.... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

mrleisure wrote:Nice bike Hz :yes: . Why don't MTBs have upside down forks like motox bikes ? Will post up some pics of my bikes soon when my daughter returns with the camera .
As far as I know it's down to the fact mtb's don't carry enough weight to warrant the up side down fork, they don't work right, it has been done, I reckon early 00's there were a few upsidedownies floating (pardon the pun) around. Mtb technology is well on par with mx nowadays, so there is definitely a reason why it's not common place.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I can't take pics of my bike as the camera is with my Boy. I have an 05 Avanti Blade Pro. Its fucking red! which wasn't my choice. I needed a bike straight away to do some inter-adf comps and I wanted a hybrid not a road bike. I keep it dirty to cover up the colour, lol.

Haven't done much riding in the last few months, too wet up here. But planning on riding to work when I get settled, which is 24kms each way.

How do you find the slicks Norbs? They are slightly larger right? I would like to put a slightly larger rubber on mine too, as it's a little too knife edge for me on the bumpy ass bike tracks here, great for round-a-bouts though.

When my fitness improves I would love to get into some downhill. There are some magnificent locations around here for it.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

U don't need fitness for downhill lol, you just roll down a hill ha.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Sambo wrote:Imagine pulling a wheelie on that bad boy! Sweet bike Tak!
Bloody Hell Tak..how long are yor legs!