Bargains and best prices...

CyclARSEts talk in here.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Re: Bargains and best prices...

Post by CLP »

subscription based power meter.. might be of interest to some?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Cheap duo mount for those running cameras and computers.

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
norbs

Post by norbs »

hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Thanks Norbs just ordered 4!
norbs

Post by norbs »

hutchy wrote:

Good price, right?
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

norbs wrote:
hutchy wrote:

Good price, right?
Yea with gst and freight just under 50 bucks each........I have payed as high as $85.00
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

Ok Power Meter QUESTION! who has one, whats best value for money and is it worth it

Cheers
Frank
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

MADCAP wrote:Ok Power Meter QUESTION! who has one, whats best value for money and is it worth it

Cheers
Frank
Me! :) (Garmin Vector 2)

The rest of your questions are much harder to answer :P

so let's step back a bit and have a think. Where do you want to measure? (pedal, crank, spider, bottom bracket or rear hub) , single or dual sided? , does it need to move between bikes? and how do you want to use it?

-Pedal based, you're probably looking at either the Garmin Vector or the PowerTap P1 pedals. Both come in single sided variants if you prefer (and can then upgrade to dual sided later)
-Crank based, you're probably looking at Stages or 4iiii. Stages is single sided, i think 4iiii might come in both a singled sided and a dual sided version..
-Spider based.. lots of options. Powertap C1 (Norbs can fill you in), Power2max, Quarq, Pioneer, .. and lots more.
-Wheel based, powertap.
-bottom bracket .. i think the infocrank measures here ..

How portable these are probably depends a lot on how comfortable you are wielding the tools :)
The cheapest tend to be the single sided crank based power meters. eg, Stages. they're also dead easy to install, assuming they're available for your crankset. Moving between bikes is easy, assuming all your bikes use the same cranks.. which might not be the case.

pedal based, set up is relatively straight forward. There's an extra calibration step involved compared to the crank based power meters, though this mainly happens behind the scenes (but it's good to be aware if it). Moving between bikes is generally simple. These are worth ~$1200-~$1500

Spider based. lots of different options and a bunch of different price points. most don't include chainrings, so factor that into your price. The powertap C1 are a bit different and use your existing spider and replace the chainrings. These probably are less portable between bikes.

Wheel based. Fairly portable. You can buy a powertap hub and get a wheelset built around it or buy a wheelset off the shelf. Final price depends on the wheelset build more than anything.

As to your last question.. is it worth it? .. Only you can really answer that :) helpful hey? :) . for what it's worth, I only got mine recently and i think it's been a great way to focus myself when i head out with the intent of training (or my version of training!). I've found that hitting a climb with a target wattage has really helped.

What are you trying to get out of your riding? For recreational riding, the worth of a power meter could go either way. You could live without it, but you could also enjoy looking at the data. If you're racing and trying to improve, I think there's a real value. I guess the thing is that a power meter brings a bucket load more data. It's only by analysing, interpreting and acting on that data that you'll see a benefit.

Hope that helps a little bit! :)
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

CLP wrote:
MADCAP wrote:Ok Power Meter QUESTION! who has one, whats best value for money and is it worth it

Cheers
Frank
Me! :) (Garmin Vector 2)

The rest of your questions are much harder to answer :P

so let's step back a bit and have a think. Where do you want to measure? (pedal, crank, spider, bottom bracket or rear hub) , single or dual sided? , does it need to move between bikes? and how do you want to use it?

-Pedal based, you're probably looking at either the Garmin Vector or the PowerTap P1 pedals. Both come in single sided variants if you prefer (and can then upgrade to dual sided later)
-Crank based, you're probably looking at Stages or 4iiii. Stages is single sided, i think 4iiii might come in both a singled sided and a dual sided version..
-Spider based.. lots of options. Powertap C1 (Norbs can fill you in), Power2max, Quarq, Pioneer, .. and lots more.
-Wheel based, powertap.
-bottom bracket .. i think the infocrank measures here ..

How portable these are probably depends a lot on how comfortable you are wielding the tools :)
The cheapest tend to be the single sided crank based power meters. eg, Stages. they're also dead easy to install, assuming they're available for your crankset. Moving between bikes is easy, assuming all your bikes use the same cranks.. which might not be the case.

pedal based, set up is relatively straight forward. There's an extra calibration step involved compared to the crank based power meters, though this mainly happens behind the scenes (but it's good to be aware if it). Moving between bikes is generally simple. These are worth ~$1200-~$1500

Spider based. lots of different options and a bunch of different price points. most don't include chainrings, so factor that into your price. The powertap C1 are a bit different and use your existing spider and replace the chainrings. These probably are less portable between bikes.

Wheel based. Fairly portable. You can buy a powertap hub and get a wheelset built around it or buy a wheelset off the shelf. Final price depends on the wheelset build more than anything.

As to your last question.. is it worth it? .. Only you can really answer that :) helpful hey? :) . for what it's worth, I only got mine recently and i think it's been a great way to focus myself when i head out with the intent of training (or my version of training!). I've found that hitting a climb with a target wattage has really helped.

What are you trying to get out of your riding? For recreational riding, the worth of a power meter could go either way. You could live without it, but you could also enjoy looking at the data. If you're racing and trying to improve, I think there's a real value. I guess the thing is that a power meter brings a bucket load more data. It's only by analysing, interpreting and acting on that data that you'll see a benefit.

Hope that helps a little bit! :)
Cheers CLP

TBH, its only for one bike, punks keep saying you got power meter, I am like nah... so the story continues!

Keen on the stages as it seems easy to change a single crank arm and get going.

Strava keeps indicating estimated power, but it would be nice to view something a bit more accurate and fill in the missing data slots on my Garmin 520.

Its more for recreational fitness and some usual events like Buppa, Amy's etc....

Never had one before, and did fine, but always interested to know am i missing something

Decisions Decisions
Frank
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

FYI - Garmin Vector 3 announced. Looks very nice.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/08/han ... meter.html
norbs

Post by norbs »

Eurobike, so loads of new stuff.

See the Wahoo climb thingy?
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:Eurobike, so loads of new stuff.

See the Wahoo climb thingy?
yep.. very interesting tech that one. New Garmin Edge 1030 looked interesting as well, assuming you don't mind something the size of a small television sitting on your handlebar. :P
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

MADCAP wrote: Cheers CLP

TBH, its only for one bike, punks keep saying you got power meter, I am like nah... so the story continues!

Keen on the stages as it seems easy to change a single crank arm and get going.

Strava keeps indicating estimated power, but it would be nice to view something a bit more accurate and fill in the missing data slots on my Garmin 520.

Its more for recreational fitness and some usual events like Buppa, Amy's etc....

Never had one before, and did fine, but always interested to know am i missing something

Decisions Decisions
Frank
Someone has just put up a dual sided Garmin Vector (Series 1) on Adelaide Bicycle Buy and Sell Facebook group for $750.. that might be a nice way to grab a decent power meter :)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

FYI - for those with premium Strava, there's a $20 of a $100 order code under the Strava Premium Perks tab :)
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

CLP wrote:FYI - for those with premium Strava, there's a $20 of a $100 order code under the Strava Premium Perks tab :)
:yes: Cheers Carl I keep forgetting about the Premium perk thing.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

BikeBug currently have a special on Garmin Vector 2s power meters. ($499)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Some bargains to be had if you're a skinny fucker.

https://www.jaggad.com/collections/sale
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

15% off almost everything at Pushys at the moment with the code BANG15

I just ordered a new Fly6 CE for $220 :D
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Chain Reaction Cycles promo that I wont be using.

$15 off on your next order over $90

Promo Code = DBB4TW6
Valid till Monday 30th April @ 11:59pm (BST)
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Just ordered a new trainer :D

Elite Drivo for $999 :)

https://www.pushys.com.au/elite-drivo-d ... ainer.html
norbs

Post by norbs »

That is a bargain! And they are great too. The only down side I have heard from Zwifters, they can get a bit grubby with chain oil. And it handles more watts than the Neo from memory! Go Carl.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:That is a bargain! And they are great too. The only down side I have heard from Zwifters, they can get a bit grubby with chain oil. And it handles more watts than the Neo from memory! Go Carl.
I thought so! :D
I had been waiting for the Direto to come down a bit more, but this seemed too good to pass up.

Hopefully my chain wax stays put and I can avoid a bitof the issue that you mentioned.
The specs on the Drivo say 2000W @ 35km/h I think it'll be a loooooooong time before i need that! :P

The down side to this is that I have to tidy up an area to use it.. the plus side to all that is that V and I can use trainers at the same time :D Who says romance is dead? :P
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

If anyone is looking for some decent winter gloves, GroundEffect currently have their 2021 model Chipolatas (medium size only) for $39NZD (~$35AUD), $20 NZD off the regular price. These are my go-to gloves for Outback Odyssey, so can highly recommend ..

https://www.groundeffect.co.nz/products ... ike-gloves
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Bikebug currently have 20% off Wera Tools using the code WERA20. Go grab yourself some high-end Hex wrenches! :D
norbs

Post by norbs »

Do I need MORE tools? :)