Bargains and best prices...

CyclARSEts talk in here.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Bargains and best prices...

Post by Duke »

kwijibo, Umm yes looks to be another Asian OEM shop brand by the looks. From my experience these can be a hit & miss affair on all aspects from quality, durability & rideability, etc.
For as many good ones out there I have heard 3 times as many bad reports of others.

Personally I would say if he's after such a beast why not look at something like a Cell or Bikes.com MBC (Melb Bike Company) or even Goldcross's own Flight range, all 3 have been doing Asian OEM frames for a few years now & have a pretty good rep by all accounts.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Cheers guys. I'll pass it on.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

kwijibo wrote:Cheers guys. I'll pass it on.
depending on what size bike your mate needs, a mate of mine is selling his old Merida S093

Not a super high spec'ed machine, but not too bad for someone if they are starting out.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Looks wicked!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

kwijibo wrote:Cheers guys. I'll pass it on.
Another bargain that i'll pass on is from Trak Cycles (on The Parade) .. 2009 BMC Racemaster SLX01 .. Ultegra components, $1999 .. i reckon that would be significantly better than the bike you originally posted :)
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

He's new to cycling, so I think he's more looking around the grand mark with 105 components, but I shall pass it on. He'd need a 58-60 frame I'd guess.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Been looking at a new bike recently - enquired with Cycling Express today about a different bike and they mentioned this one has been reduced from the $2,699 it was previously

http://www.cyclingexpress.com/cycle/ver ... arbon.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was looking at around 2k for a new bike, so this could be a goer - opinions?

The groupset is the 2011 model
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Not a bad deal Brett. That groupset is pretty damn noisy when shifting, but it is bloody good gear from what I have been told. 6.8kg is alight bike for $2k.

My only hesitation is who you might buy it from. I wont be buying another thing from CE after the way they have carried on with my jerseys and the stuff I purchased at the same time. I am still waiting on sun sleeve things from my order in March. Given i havent received them or the jerseys as yet, I cant recommend them. Other people rave about their service. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

norbs wrote:My only hesitation is who you might buy it from. I wont be buying another thing from CE after the way they have carried on with my jerseys and the stuff I purchased at the same time. I am still waiting on sun sleeve things from my order in March. Given i havent received them or the jerseys as yet, I cant recommend them. Other people rave about their service. :)
Yeah I haven't dealt with them before but I hear good things - their response to my emails has been pretty good

I won't mention that I know you if I purchase :)
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Aldi has a bike repair stand for $39 tomorrow, as well as panniers & racks (same price) and a unicycle for $50 or so.

smiss
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Some of the Boardman bikes are on sale at Wiggle atm. Prices knocked my off my chair! Wish I had the coin to buy one right now!..........Anyone want to buy a Roubaix Pro SL3? :lol:

http://www.wiggle.com.au/boardman-road-air-98/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.wiggle.com.au/boardman-air-94/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.wiggle.com.au/boardman-air-tt-94/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Gizmo wrote:Some of the Boardman bikes are on sale at Wiggle atm. Prices knocked my off my chair! Wish I had the coin to buy one right now!..........Anyone want to buy a Roubaix Pro SL3? :lol:
remember that you would have to pay import duty on those (but i think full bikes are GST exempt). That said, when i was looking for a CX bike I nearly pulled the trigger on a Boardman. Generally pretty decent spec for the money, and they look pretty awesome :D
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

If anyone is looking for an indoor trainer, these look ok and they're on special:

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/YDT ... ke-trainer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looks similar to the Lemond trainer. If i could in any way justify buying a 3rd trainer, i'd probably get one ;)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I better win that $2500 Wiggle voucher for doing their 2013 survey, that was a huge effort! :fall:
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

SHoNKY wrote:I better win that $2500 Wiggle voucher for doing their 2013 survey, that was a huge effort! :fall:
just did it myself.. holy crap..
"if wiggle was a person..." ? wtf?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Lol I thought exactly the same thing!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

garmin 800 bundle on special at Pushys

http://www.pushys.com.au/garmin-edge-80 ... -blue.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that's a pretty decent price!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Too right it is, I think I paid about $395 for mine from Wiggle back in May.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Shonky wrote:Too right it is, I think I paid about $395 for mine from Wiggle back in May.
i think i paid about 400 for just the head unit when they first came out.. :eyepop:
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

All this bike stuff is so new and different for me. I have no effin idea about half the stuff you guys are talking about. I have about 15 or so tabs open in google from 'right click', Search Google For...

I am looking for a good place to buy a set of Dirt Jump forks for a 26 inch Norco. Any recommendations? Mid range forks, 100mm - 120mm travel.

Cheers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

c.j wrote:All this bike stuff is so new and different for me. I have no effin idea about half the stuff you guys are talking about. I have about 15 or so tabs open in google from 'right click', Search Google For...

I am looking for a good place to buy a set of Dirt Jump forks for a 26 inch Norco. Any recommendations? Mid range forks, 100mm - 120mm travel.

Cheers
will these work?
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/e ... prod109665

i'm not really sure what makes a Dirt Jump Fork.. What kind of axle do you have? that'll be pretty important! :) as is what sort of steerer tube you have.
Chain reaction have decent prices on forks, and i think generally free shipping for them :)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I've passed the link on. It's not actually for my bike or needs, my little norco will be more than enough bike for me for 18 months or so as i develop my confidence.

A mate has converted a norco 26" to disc brake hubs and wants some decent forks. They are a straight through axle, 20mm od i think.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

I been eyeing this bad boy http://www.99bikes.com.au/bike15-norco- ... ack-orange- haven't ridden a mountain bike in decades, but do have Motocross/Enduro & Road Cycling Skills,

Image Keen to jump onto the NORCO band wagon as my first MTB. :D
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

For those in Adelaide who like going off road, Bike Society currently has a 2 for 1 special on selected Specialized tyres. not bad :)
https://www.bikesociety.com.au/mtb-tyre ... -one-free/
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

CLP wrote:For those in Adelaide who like going off road, Bike Society currently has a 2 for 1 special on selected Specialized tyres. not bad :)
https://www.bikesociety.com.au/mtb-tyre ... -one-free/
I was very tempted but ive blown enough cash lately, plus I keep telling myself to wear out the Conti MountainKings that came on the Spectral first. They are a proving to be a great mud tyre so far so im glad its not summer at the moment.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.