Bargains and best prices...

CyclARSEts talk in here.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Re: Bargains and best prices...

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:
It is all part of the strategy of the flying wedge. Here, let me draw it for you...

:D
so that means flinty should be wearing knicks that look something like this:
302162_2472141603149_1240678262_3007396_26667102_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i went to Aldi and got the shorts with the inbuilt padding, leg and arm warmers, their bike light, and some chocolate.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

got home to find a package waiting for me.. odd.. don't recall ordering anything.

open it up and recall that i filled out a form to get free Capilano HoneyShotz.. and here they were!
IMG_0180_0800.jpg
and this is how many they sent:
IMG_0181_0800.jpg
not bad for nothing! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280749704383 ... 1438.l2649

Good deal?

I'm looking at getting a GPS device other than the iphone. It would be nice to not worry about running out of battery on my iphone incase I need to use it for an emergency not to mention other benefits like a HR monitor and playing with maps.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Enforcer-J wrote:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280749704383 ... 1438.l2649

Good deal?

I'm looking at getting a GPS device other than the iphone. It would be nice to not worry about running out of battery on my iphone incase I need to use it for an emergency not to mention other benefits like a HR monitor and playing with maps.
not a bad price, though that price will only include a very basic map. what do you need it for? as in, do you need to be able to display maps on the go? (in which case a Garmin 705 or 800 would be your best bet) Or do you just want data available later to be able to track where you have been to analyse later (in which case a Garmin 200 or 500 might be better)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

CLP wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280749704383 ... 1438.l2649

Good deal?

not a bad price, though that price will only include a very basic map. what do you need it for? as in, do you need to be able to display maps on the go? (in which case a Garmin 705 or 800 would be your best bet) Or do you just want data available later to be able to track where you have been to analyse later (in which case a Garmin 200 or 500 might be better)
I'm not too fussed about navigation although it would come in handy. As for maps I was thinking their might be some cheap alternatives....

The 200 doesn't support HRM from what I've read so that's out, and I'd be happy with a 500 but the cheapeast I've seen is $5 less than the 705
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Enforcer-J wrote: I'm not too fussed about navigation although it would come in handy. As for maps I was thinking their might be some cheap alternatives....

The 200 doesn't support HRM from what I've read so that's out, and I'd be happy with a 500 but the cheapeast I've seen is $5 less than the 705
there's a few cheap map alternatives available..

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/23 ... ed-cadence" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
works out to $243 Au add in about 30 for postage. That includes a speed/cadence sensor that the 705 package that you posted doesn't include.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Thanks mate. I'm going to hold off and see if I can get a bargain with the 705 I think... shame Hz got in before I did!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Used the 705 today for the 1st time, downloaded someone else's ride through Onkaparinga Gorge Wildlife park on to the unit before I went. I had never rode there before so I had no clue where I was going. It worked a treat, even though the map picture was blank (only shows roads), I still had a little line of the other persons' ride right in front of me and could easilly tell which way to go. That was the main reason I wanted one and it worked tops!.. great for finding new singletrack.

So thanks Carl.

I picked up a Cadence/speed sensor and a Heart rate monitor for $30 too, yet to pick them up yet but I was stoked with that. Someone on another forum won a 705 and had already sold the unit but had the other bits. Still in the packets... woot!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

No probs.. glad you like it! :) depending on where you are, the maps have trails on there too.. eg, Linear Park is on there.. though i suspect trails with lesser traffic might not find there way on there. $30 for the HR strap and cadence sensor is a steal.. they usually got for $50-$70 each!

Hz-Lab wrote:Used the 705 today for the 1st time, downloaded someone else's ride through Onkaparinga Gorge Wildlife park on to the unit before I went. I had never rode there before so I had no clue where I was going. It worked a treat, even though the map picture was blank (only shows roads), I still had a little line of the other persons' ride right in front of me and could easilly tell which way to go. That was the main reason I wanted one and it worked tops!.. great for finding new singletrack.

So thanks Carl.

I picked up a Cadence/speed sensor and a Heart rate monitor for $30 too, yet to pick them up yet but I was stoked with that. Someone on another forum won a 705 and had already sold the unit but had the other bits. Still in the packets... woot!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Well I decided to bite the bullet... I got the 705 with HRM, Cadence & Maps for $350 brand new. Looks the goods, Im glad I went with this over a 305 or 500 as Im loving the idea of downloading other peoples maps. I've acquired the foxy 1000 loop tonight so I'll attempt to follow the NAV on Monday :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

awesome price, where'd you get that to?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

oh, Foxy 1000 is a nice brutal loop, you know that 1000 stands for 1000m of elevation per lap?...have fun.. hehe
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

kwijibo wrote:This seems a good deal. A bit cheaper than the overseas stores

http://99bikes.com.au/shop/accessories/ ... imano-r540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I'll get some as I don't have the clip in pedals yet
I got these (they were $30 or so at the time) but after going to buy some shoes, it seems I might need mountain bike pedals instead, so I can get more "normal" type shoes. Anyone know what their proper name is so I can search on the net?
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

kwijibo wrote:
kwijibo wrote:This seems a good deal. A bit cheaper than the overseas stores

http://99bikes.com.au/shop/accessories/ ... imano-r540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I'll get some as I don't have the clip in pedals yet
I got these (they were $30 or so at the time) but after going to buy some shoes, it seems I might need mountain bike pedals instead, so I can get more "normal" type shoes. Anyone know what their proper name is so I can search on the net?
depends on what you are after really.. the shimano ones are the SPDs..
here's a few different ones from bicycleexpress' online store:
http://www.bicycleexpress.com.au/store/ ... edals.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bicycleexpress.com.au/store/ ... edals.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (i have these.. nothing special but they work)
http://www.bicycleexpress.com.au/store/ ... edals.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Cheers CLP. Just ordered the M540 from that site.

Know any cheap places in Adelaide to buy shoes? Would get online but not too sure on my size
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

kwijibo wrote:Cheers CLP. Just ordered the M540 from that site.

Know any cheap places in Adelaide to buy shoes? Would get online but not too sure on my size
not really sure about "cheap" as such.. haven't bought shoes for a while (save for the MTB shoes i took pot luck on from the UK). You could wander into bicycleexpress on halifax, or maybe BMCR on waymouth (very friendly owners there). maybe super elliots on rundle st?

all of them deal in some what with MTBs, so they should carry shoes to suit.. whether they are in your price range is another matter :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Shimano shoes are very true to say your brand name sneakers, I have just ordered online for my last 2 pairs and they've been fine. Bicycle express are not too bad on shimano shoes I have found, generally only about 10% to 20% dearer than online stores. Which is buckleys really compared to some other stores.

And yeah BMCR are VERY friendly buggers, I always drop in for a browse when I have work training in the city (just around the corner) and they are some of the nicest people I have ever encountered in a bike shop. It's in places like that, that even if you do get a little bit ripped off, you walk out with a smile and don't realise it til you get home..lol
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Hz-Lab wrote: And yeah BMCR are VERY friendly buggers, I always drop in for a browse when I have work training in the city (just around the corner) and they are some of the nicest people I have ever encountered in a bike shop. It's in places like that, that even if you do get a little bit ripped off, you walk out with a smile and don't realise it til you get home..lol
lol.. usually worth dropping in there to check out pete's spikey-yet-bald hair style ..
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Any more starva premium codes floating around?
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Haha, yeah Pete's a legend (BMCR). Known him for 15+ years now :)
Used to call him Prodigy man :P
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Hz-Lab wrote:Any more starva premium codes floating around?
Not that I have seen. When they next have a 3 month for a referral, send some to friends and get them to sign up. Even if they never use it. :) My membership runs out Nov 2013 :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

norbs wrote:
Not that I have seen. When they next have a 3 month for a referral, send some to friends and get them to sign up. Even if they never use it. :) My membership runs out Nov 2013 :)
I thought they had to pay in order for you to get the free months? I did that last time and got nothing
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

kwijibo wrote:
norbs wrote:
I thought they had to pay in order for you to get the free months? I did that last time and got nothing
From the website.

We're celebrating the launch of Strava Running!

Invite your friends and earn 1 month of Strava Premium for each email invite that signs up for a free or paid Strava membership.

This offer expires December 31, 2011.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

CONTOUR HD Camera 1080P
$169.99

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/VHCMHN0CC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;