Strava

CyclARSEts talk in here.
hutchy

Re: Strava

Post by hutchy »

yep.. my mate has one. That function seems to work ok, but be warned that the 510 isn't the most bug proof piece of equipment ever produced![/quote]

I have the 510 no issues so far.......what have you heard?
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

hutchy wrote:yep.. my mate has one. That function seems to work ok, but be warned that the 510 isn't the most bug proof piece of equipment ever produced!
I have the 510 no issues so far.......what have you heard?[/quote]

most I think are fairly minor functionality issues, though he did have some dramas with corrupted .fit files which isn't ideal.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Ahh ok there have been some updates recently but touch wood so far so good for me!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

resurrecting an old thread.....

New pricing structure for Strava premium, and rebranded into Strava Summit.
Depending on what features you're using the monthly cost of Strava might reduce. :)

DC Rainmaker's take on it.
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/08/str ... model.html
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

God almighty, can they make it any more confusing.

I expect if i just stay on the current plan all should be good.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:God almighty, can they make it any more confusing.

I expect if i just stay on the current plan all should be good.
I'm sure they could :D I'll put in a support request for it on your behalf ;)

As it stands, if you were paying for "premium" previously, then you get switched over to having all 3 plans. So no real changes on your/our end, unless you choose to.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Very interesting & I'm already trying to work out if I can drop a tier or 2, so I tend to agree with DCR;
The challenge will be whether or not Strava got the breakouts right. And looking at them…I’m not quite convinced it’s perfect. Close yes, but not perfect.

Again, I think they got kinda close – but perhaps they got to the point where they didn’t want folks paying the full $7.99 to drop-down to $2.99. Perhaps someone ran the imaginary numbers and realized that might result in a drop of memberships. Unfortunately, I suspect in the pursuit of trying to entice new sign-ups they might have skipped over those existing non-premium users that would be willing to pay $2.99/month but not the existing $7.99 – thus, there may be some missed opportunity for the right aligned packs
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Many of us at Strava have enjoyed using Relive over the last few years, but because of Relive’s recent updates, unfortunately, we have decided to end this integration. The current version of Relive violates several of the terms that we ask of API partners. These terms are in place to safeguard your personal information, to ensure a level playing field for all our partners, and to protect what makes Strava unique. We’ve worked hard with Relive to try to fix this, but they have ultimately chosen not to make the changes needed to honor their agreement. So as of today, Strava will no longer send your activities to Relive for playback.

Rest assured, nothing’s changed about how your information is stored or the control you have over how it’s accessed by API partners. And we remain deeply committed to helping our many API partners build experiences that make your workouts and races even better.

As always, thanks for being a part of the Strava community,

The Strava Team
As much as I liked the Relive videos at times I simply dont use it anymore, so with this news it was a pretty easy choice to delete my Relive account.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

KNAPPO wrote: As much as I liked the Relive videos at times I simply dont use it anymore, so with this news it was a pretty easy choice to delete my Relive account.
I quite liked them, but as far as i could work out there was no way to select a specific ride for it to apply to. Basically all in, or nothing. So i'd get an email for every commute i did. Drove me nuts :(
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Finally we have a way to turn off the algorithmic bullshit and go back to a chronological feed. We're supposed to be able to favourite people as well but I'm not seeing that option.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/03/str ... iting.html
Last edited by DarrenM on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Woot! saw that this morning.
I had been using the Elevate Chrome extension to do the same thing, though it manages to piss me off every now and then by re-sorting/ordering when i'm half way down the activity feed.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Warning for those that pay for STRAVA Premium.
I got lucky for this year as my annual sub cost renewed on the 7th Jan.
But this will likely be my last year as a premium sub as I don't really see the benefit of being premium anymore for my cycling goals.

Dukester

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

WOW, thats some shitfuckery right there.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

next level insane.. well played Strava :P

I originally went with premium since i figure it's something i use everyday.. so fair play.. for the price (at the time) it was a no brainer. As I understand it, many of the power related metrics are locked behind the subscription, so that would likely be the main reason to hang onto it. i guess..
norbs

Post by norbs »

Well I dont ride a lot these days, but I havent had an increase in price for years. So despite the shit fuckery they have pulled, I will most likely stay.

Once this knee gets better I plan on getting back into it
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

I bought the annual sub on black friday I think. Getting serious for pedal prix (https://ahpvss.com/) this year, so figure it's worth paying for.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Here is the latest on the pricing change saga.
While I get it & understand their reasoning for it, it's the inept way they have determined the new regional pricing & the lack of direct communication that has pissed me off.
Oh and the fact us Aussies have been one of the hardest hit by this price rise.
Thanks Strava... :(

Dukester

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

I haven't received any email notifying me of a price increase, but when I checked the other day I saw my renewal price had gone up from $6/month to $11.99/month. well done Strava.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Now, how to get Brazilian pricing????? I doubt I can just VPN in and change details.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:Now, how to get Brazilian pricing????? I doubt I can just VPN in and change details.
Yeah I was thinking the same lol.
I think Ray does show a support response from STRAVA saying it uses the IP addy to determine region pricing. ;)
Let us know if it works... Image
Dukester

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Duke wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:51 am
norbs wrote:Now, how to get Brazilian pricing????? I doubt I can just VPN in and change details.
I think Ray does show a support response from STRAVA saying it uses the IP addy to determine region pricing. ;)
I think the other thing Ray mentions is that there doesn't appear to be a way to change your county once you are signed up. He signed up in the US, his wife in the Netherlands. There doesn't seem to be a way for him to switch to a Netherlands account despite living there..
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

CLP wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:43 am
Duke wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:51 am
I think the other thing Ray mentions is that there doesn't appear to be a way to change your county once you are signed up. He signed up in the US, his wife in the Netherlands. There doesn't seem to be a way for him to switch to a Netherlands account despite living there..
Oh yeah your correct CLP, it uses the IP addy from when & where you create the account for all future pricing... damn them!!!!!
Dukester

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

something maybe new... they now have a "Carbon Saved" metric for rides that you tag as a commute. Apparently I saved 6.57 kg of CO2 today... I'm not sure if that's good or not, but well done me i guess? :aussie:

I hadn't noticed this before, but maybe it's an indication that I don't commute to work very often anymore :D