Help with bike purchase

CyclARSEts talk in here.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Help with bike purchase

Post by Coopz »

I'm looking at getting a dual suspension 29er. Sold my hardtail 29 a while ago and I miss it, but riding her off road I found them a bit to bumpy and thought a full suspension bike might be wiser. Had a look at a few and the price has put me off but I saw this second hand one floating around and wondered what people thought of it? Its $900 (the most I can really spend with a bank account shared with the wife) but the owner said its only a few months old and hasn't been ridden much.
its an Avanti Ridgeline, I know they are entry level but that's all I need as I ave no plans on racing, I just have some really good fire trails near my place that suit these bikes. The frame is also my size, large.
pic1
pic2
pic3

Worth further investigating? Its on the other side of town, thought I might get some opinions before I drive all the way there.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
markus

Re: Help with bike purchase

Post by markus »

Judging from the pics it has never seen off-road :)

Wheels look heavy, fork, brakes, shifters and front derailleur are entry-level but no doubt tame the bumps, change gears and stop the bike. Not sure about the price levels over there but on the other side of the globe 900 aud would seriously be a price worth further investigation, especially since the bike looks like it has been ridden out of the shop and not much since.
Much cycling such kilometers.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Help with bike purchase

Post by DexterPunk »

I think my bike has more battle scars already and its only about a month old.