Insurance

CyclARSEts talk in here.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Insurance

Post by Vilante »

Do you guys have insurance at all?

Bicycle NSW does membership for $75 per household (2 adults plus kids, which I don't have at this point but the Missus does ride) but doesn't cover you in races.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: Insurance

Post by nutty »

I have both Insurance with Bicycle QLD and Insurance for my bike on my home insurance.

The Bicycle QLD one is basically just for liability/injury liability and for income protection + medical, works out to be worth it based on the fact I would likely be a member anyway.

Then the home insurance is $15 a month, coveres my bike for $3,400 under basically every situation (including theft/crashes/damages for both domestic and international travel)
one thing thats not covered is if it gets taken from a coffee shop while unlocked, but otherwise I think its worth it
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Thanks Nutty :yes:
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

I have insurance through Bike SA (guessing similar to the Bicycle Qld one) and insurance through my Cycling Australia racing licence.. both are fairly similar, though the CA one obviously covers racing and training.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Thanks CLP. Have gone with Bicycle NSW as a regular rider so covers regular road rides. Would need to upgrade to a racing licence like you have if I get around to doing some racing.