n+2

CyclARSEts talk in here.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

n+2

Post by norbs »

Thanks to old chalky bones Smiss, these showed up last night.

I am excite!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Re: n+2

Post by Vilante »

Wicked!

I've been scouring all sorts of places for something like this, an old racer to use for commuting.
Last edited by Vilante on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Very Nice!!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

valves not aligned, not in big chain ring, cranks not in correct position.. ;) j/k :D

Very nice :) what's the plan for these machines? The Kerry Hopkins looks similar in some respects to my Pursuit roadie which has been upgraded to within an inch of it's life!
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:valves not aligned, not in big chain ring, cranks not in correct position.. ;) j/k :D

Very nice :) what's the plan for these machines? The Kerry Hopkins looks similar in some respects to my Pursuit roadie which has been upgraded to within an inch of it's life!

Havent decided yet. Need to talk turkey with Smiss first.

possibly train'n'rain.

One for the trainer and 1 for rainy days.
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

CLP wrote:Very nice :) what's the plan for these machines? The Kerry Hopkins looks similar in some respects to my Pursuit roadie which has been upgraded to within an inch of it's life!
Or mine, really, where the only original parts are the frame and the fork. Looks in good nick though. Both would make good additional bikes - strong algebra work, norbs. :yes:

Which are you thinking for winter riding and which for the trainer?

Hashtag steelisreal ...
norbs

Post by norbs »

Vilante wrote:Wicked!

I've been scouring all sorts of places for something like this, an old racer to use for commuting.

Mando, did you want the purple one? I am only going to keep one. Would have to talk turkey with Smiss.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Bit sad to move these on, they have given me some good times. The purple one (aluminium Technicomps /Genesis - the frame builder found God) was an expensive custom build all those years ago when Suntour was trying not to be beta to Shimano's vhs but I am happy if it goes to a good home. I bought a groupset to replace the indexed downtube shifters to a brifter set-up so it should be possible to bring it into the 21st century if you want to (though the Suntour gear has a cool factor).

The Kerry Hopkins was a straight up training bike but was so comfortable. The purple one has a much stiffer ride.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
norbs

Post by norbs »

Interesting chat this arvo to an old bloke who has built bikes for 50 years. Expect a call Smiss. I may have to change my mind.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Twas the purple one you had your crash on Smiss, yeah?
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

You're right Jamo . First time I let it down.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

norbs wrote:

Mando, did you want the purple one? I am only going to keep one. Would have to talk turkey with Smiss.
I would totally be interested in one of them if that turned out to be a possibility.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Vilante wrote:
norbs wrote:

I would totally be interested in one of them if that turned out to be a possibility.
The blue one is running well. Just have a chat to Smiss and then we can sort out how to get it to you.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

norbs wrote:The blue one is running well. Just have a chat to Smiss and then we can sort out how to get it to you.
Done and done :) I might have to stretch the arms a bit but I should be able to make it work.

Exciting :)