Zwift.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Zwift.

Post by KNAPPO »

Ive had a bit of a break from Zwift and the bike in general over the last few days. Mainly because the last 35k I did on the trail bike I dehydrated myself pretty bad and got a bit crook as a result...

Weather is pretty average here at the moment so ill probably be back on the trainer tonight and finally check out Richmond. :bike:
I really want to take my Spectral out again now its fixed but its already dirty enough and the trails around here got another dose of water over the last 24 odd hrs so ill wait it out till the weekend for a daylight trail ride.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

hutchy wrote: Yes I must train more!!

Mmmm......what is starting to worry me is how many people bullshit about there weight in Zwift! That said there are some very fast riders out there.
Already been people caught doing it apparently.

Easiest way is to compare their road rides on Strava (if you can). A guy I was racing a few weeks back smashed me in the sprint. Like annihilated me. He was putting out 19w/kg and the little ! sign came up. I checked on FlyBys and his Strava was there. Including pictures of a fat fuck scoffing doughnuts on a coffee ride. If he wasnt 120kgs I am a bad judge.

What can you do about it though? They are winning nothing, and you are really only cheating yourself.

As to training. I am not 100% at the moment. that is why I only did 20kms last week. I am fighting off this lurgy that the bride and every fucker in Culburra Beach seems to have.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

norbs wrote:
hutchy wrote: Yes I must train more!!

Mmmm......what is starting to worry me is how many people bullshit about there weight in Zwift! That said there are some very fast riders out there.
What can you do about it though? They are winning nothing, and you are really only cheating yourself.
Exactly Norbs I am using Zwift as a serious training tool not a game bit like mechanical doping what is the fucking point!!.......I actually in Zwift and Strava have my weight entered as 84kg where as in reality I have been at 82kg for the last two months.

Get well soon Norbs we will have to get some ARSE Zwift handicap races going soon!!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

I'm trying to treat it as a bit of training. if nothing else, my legs are feeling like it's training! :D Legs have been feeling the strain by commuting and then Zwifting. That said, I'm currently backing off a bit on Zwift with the CX State Champs on this weekend, then the National Champs and National Series the weekend after. Trying to be a semi reasonable form for them (aiming not to get lapped = "in form" ) :) Knappo should definitely enter the support events for the Nationals... just sayin'

The other night was a bit weird on Zwift though. Miss V had a go and absolutely smashed her (and my!) time up Box Hill. She apparently did the entire thing in the big chainring too which seemed a bit unusual for her! The power to weight ratios seemed ok, absolute power numbers seemed fine. Seemed odd.

Hopefully I'll be on tonight for a gentle spin; might see some of you gents on there :)
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

CLP wrote:The other night was a bit weird on Zwift though. Miss V had a go and absolutely smashed her (and my!) time up Box Hill. She apparently did the entire thing in the big chainring too which seemed a bit unusual for her! The power to weight ratios seemed ok, absolute power numbers seemed fine. Seemed odd.

Hopefully I'll be on tonight for a gentle spin; might see some of you gents on there :)
This has happened to me once also Carl......I had done a ride for an hour stopped left everything hooked up and returned to the trainer an hour later. It was like it had lost all of its resistance I climbed the Zwift mountain in the big chain ring. It might be a glitch with the Snap...that said it has never happened to me again though.
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:I'm trying to treat it as a bit of training. if nothing else, my legs are feeling like it's training! :D Legs have been feeling the strain by commuting and then Zwifting. That said, I'm currently backing off a bit on Zwift with the CX State Champs on this weekend, then the National Champs and National Series the weekend after. Trying to be a semi reasonable form for them (aiming not to get lapped = "in form" ) :) Knappo should definitely enter the support events for the Nationals... just sayin'

The other night was a bit weird on Zwift though. Miss V had a go and absolutely smashed her (and my!) time up Box Hill. She apparently did the entire thing in the big chainring too which seemed a bit unusual for her! The power to weight ratios seemed ok, absolute power numbers seemed fine. Seemed odd.

yep, has happened to as well.

If you hit a climb and you dont need to change gears, power everything off and back on. It seems to be an issue with either Zwift not sending the info to the trainer or the trainer not registering the info from Zwift.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

hutchy wrote:
CLP wrote:The other night was a bit weird on Zwift though. Miss V had a go and absolutely smashed her (and my!) time up Box Hill. She apparently did the entire thing in the big chainring too which seemed a bit unusual for her! The power to weight ratios seemed ok, absolute power numbers seemed fine. Seemed odd.

This has happened to me once also Carl......I had done a ride for an hour stopped left everything hooked up and returned to the trainer an hour later. It was like it had lost all of its resistance I climbed the Zwift mountain in the big chain ring. It might be a glitch with the Snap...that said it has never happened to me again though.
Hmm.. interesting.
Situation was that I set the bike/trainer up, Miss V did the spin down etc and rode. So there wasn't any waiting between sessions in this case. Bit odd :) I'll just have to bust a gut to beat her time now :P
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

CLP wrote:Knappo should definitely enter the support events for the Nationals... just sayin'
Got any details?

Needs to fit in around family but I wouldn't mind knowing a little more about the event(s).
At a quick glance of what i could find, daily membership of $25 is needed but there is a free 2 month trial one can utilise. The support events are open bike choice so I could use either but ide say the hard tail would be much faster on this type of course. Altho I would need a new rear tyre as my Ardent is shagged in the mud n soft stuff.

Main info I was trying to find was, where the event is and time? Time is never on my side lol...
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

KNAPPO wrote:
CLP wrote:Knappo should definitely enter the support events for the Nationals... just sayin'
Got any details?

Needs to fit in around family but I wouldn't mind knowing a little more about the event(s).
At a quick glance of what i could find, daily membership of $25 is needed but there is a free 2 month trial one can utilise. The support events are open bike choice so I could use either but ide say the hard tail would be much faster on this type of course. Altho I would need a new rear tyre as my Ardent is shagged in the mud n soft stuff.

Main info I was trying to find was, where the event is and time? Time is never on my side lol...
State champs (Mulch hill, southern end of Vic Park)
https://eventdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm? ... OrgID=8731

National Series (Zombie Park, near the west terrace cemetery)
https://online.mtba.asn.au/ERegister.aspx?E=3285

I don't think there's an open category for the national champs
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Thanks mate :bigthumb:

EDIT: I dont think Zwift will get a look in tonight. Nice n sunny out there today baking the trails with no more rain in sight. Time to get singletrackin!!!
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote:
CLP wrote:I'm trying to treat it as a bit of training. if nothing else, my legs are feeling like it's training! :D Legs have been feeling the strain by commuting and then Zwifting. That said, I'm currently backing off a bit on Zwift with the CX State Champs on this weekend, then the National Champs and National Series the weekend after. Trying to be a semi reasonable form for them (aiming not to get lapped = "in form" ) :) Knappo should definitely enter the support events for the Nationals... just sayin'

yep, has happened to as well.

If you hit a climb and you dont need to change gears, power everything off and back on. It seems to be an issue with either Zwift not sending the info to the trainer or the trainer not registering the info from Zwift.
Got this now, going up the main mountain in top gear as if it was flat. Powered off the trainer and no dice. Time to just get the ride done...
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Powered the trainer off a few times to no avail so just finished the ride. Saved and re started Zwift.
As soon as I was back the variable resistance was working again.
norbs

Post by norbs »

KNAPPO wrote:Powered the trainer off a few times to no avail so just finished the ride. Saved and re started Zwift.
As soon as I was back the variable resistance was working again.
Was the same for me this arvo. Killed Zwift app and all is good again.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I'm blaming the mother in law lol. Had to stop/auto pause and it was cactus when I jumped back on.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

found that if you unpaired and paired the trainer, there might be some joy. no need to power down the trainer
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Gave it another crack today but continued up to the radio tower... Fuck that's steep. Couldn't manage more than 3kph up that final climb but kept spinning and eventually made it.

Should have rested at the top a bit because when I was decending I noticed I hit a new top speed PB so gave gave it full beans about half way down and topped out at 99kph. Felt so robbed. Next time I'll be prepared and attack from the very top.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Had the Kickr trip out on me tonight. Just as I was starting my 2nd lap I had a flurry of achievements.

800W, 1000W 1200W all fired off one after another then the resistance was gone. Checking Strava, the data is claiming a peak of 2000W maximum lol
https://www.strava.com/activities/710728508
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

That radio tower climb can eat a dick. Did it on the weekend and I just don't have the strength to push up there with the road bike gearing. Stopped about 8 times before I finally made it. When you stop you can spin up with low resistance before the bike starts moving and the resistance kicks in. Gave me enough momentum to get up in short spurts.

Got to 93kph on the way down, then realised I had an aero boost I could have used. Doh!
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote:That radio tower climb can eat a dick. Did it on the weekend and I just don't have the strength to push up there with the road bike gearing. Stopped about 8 times before I finally made it. When you stop you can spin up with low resistance before the bike starts moving and the resistance kicks in. Gave me enough momentum to get up in short spurts.

Got to 93kph on the way down, then realised I had an aero boost I could have used. Doh!
Time for a 28 on the back Darren ;)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Tonight is the last night of my free trial on Zwift. Ride about 5km.. flat tyre. FFS.
norbs

Re: RE: Re: Zwift.

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:Tonight is the last night of my free trial on Zwift. Ride about 5km.. flat tyre. FFS.
What? How? Do you just use your normal wheel and tire Carl?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:
CLP wrote:Tonight is the last night of my free trial on Zwift. Ride about 5km.. flat tyre. FFS.
What? How? Do you just use your normal wheel and tire Carl?
How? i think it went something like this:
whir...whir...whir...whir...whir...whir...whir...whir...whir...whir... PSSSSSSSST!!! .... FFS!!!! <raaaage>

:D

yep, just my regular wheel and tyre (gp4000s). wondering if i had a bit of glass or something embedded and the trainer just pushes it in further. i'll have to check that out. I was planning on swapping those wheels and tyres out anyway.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Severe weather warning today mean my outside cycling was cancelled, so i decided to jump on and do the Cervelo TT challenge thingo. As I understand it, I now just have to sit back and wait for them to tell me that i've won. :D
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:Severe weather warning today mean my outside cycling was cancelled, so i decided to jump on and do the Cervelo TT challenge thingo. As I understand it, I now just have to sit back and wait for them to tell me that i've won. :D
No, I won.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:
CLP wrote:Severe weather warning today mean my outside cycling was cancelled, so i decided to jump on and do the Cervelo TT challenge thingo. As I understand it, I now just have to sit back and wait for them to tell me that i've won. :D
No, I won.
Pfft! what would a fucking right wing vegan lesbian know ;)