Zwift.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
markus

Re: Zwift.

Post by markus »

norbs wrote:
Time the ARSE guys did a ride together again.
Let me know when :) The real shitty weather has arrived here so just fired up Zwift again last week.
Much cycling such kilometers.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

markus wrote:
norbs wrote:
Time the ARSE guys did a ride together again.
Let me know when :) The real shitty weather has arrived here so just fired up Zwift again last week.
On the flip side.. weather here is bordering on sensational :D
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

In order to continue to make Zwift bigger, better and more beautiful, we are updating our membership price to AUD$19.99 per month, effective today. As a way of saying thank you, however, to the awesome Zwifters who helped us get here, your pricing will not change for one year. If you happen to suspend your membership during this period and come back, you can still enjoy your current pricing level. (Visit our FAQ for all the details.)
As nice as it is, I can't justify $20/mo for it :(

For now I'll be suspending the account and possibly just enable it for a month or 2 in winter.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

DarrenM wrote:
In order to continue to make Zwift bigger, better and more beautiful, we are updating our membership price to AUD$19.99 per month, effective today. As a way of saying thank you, however, to the awesome Zwifters who helped us get here, your pricing will not change for one year. If you happen to suspend your membership during this period and come back, you can still enjoy your current pricing level. (Visit our FAQ for all the details.)
As nice as it is, I can't justify $20/mo for it :(

For now I'll be suspending the account and possibly just enable it for a month or 2 in winter.
Same..
I'll keep my account going until the price goes up (since existing users get a delayed price increase) but I suspect i'll can it after that. I don't use it nearly enough to justify $20/month :(
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I cancelled mine about half a week ago. Its still active till Dec 3, 2017 so hopefully if I decide to go back itll still be at the lower price. $20 per month is a hard ask...

I want to see some serious development to justify that price. Not necessarily new roads in Watopia but new maps at the quality level of Watopia. London never really grabbed my attention, as nice as real world locations are the fictional Watopia is just more fun.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

And some if you blokes complain about the expensive of iRacing. :rolleyes:
Good to see most of you are consistent.

Wonder what our ED will say & do about his Zwift account now? Image
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Duke wrote:And some if you blokes complain about the expensive of iRacing. :rolleyes:
Even at $20 its better value than iRacing.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:And some if you blokes complain about the expensive of iRacing. :rolleyes:

Wonder what our ED will say & do about his Zwift account now? Image
Im not sure how the 2 can be compared. I dont have to pay for every new piece of content that comes out. I can race my mates at any time we please. And, it is improving my health.

I am not all that pleased about the increase, but it isnt 100% like I have seen people say. At the current exchange rate, we already pay $13.40/month. The $10 us USD. 50% increase is steep though.

Also, I get another 12 months at the current price, so that makes it a bit easier to swallow.

And lets crunch some numbers for my usage.

First go https://www.strava.com/activities/295040929

Around 31 months at lets say $15AUD is $465 spent so far. 297 hours done on Zwift brings it to $1.5/hour for the service. No trainer costs.

Yep, so for me, not even worth worrying about (Bitcoin mining will cover it every month) . Even when you take the trainers into account, I have still spent more money on sim racing, and that is without being raped by iRacing.

It wont be for everyone, but it keeps me fit, I enjoy the social side and I am less likely to get cleaned up by a car. :yes:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
norbs

Post by norbs »

KNAPPO wrote:I cancelled mine about half a week ago. Its still active till Dec 3, 2017 so hopefully if I decide to go back itll still be at the lower price. $20 per month is a hard ask...

I want to see some serious development to justify that price. Not necessarily new roads in Watopia but new maps at the quality level of Watopia. London never really grabbed my attention, as nice as real world locations are the fictional Watopia is just more fun.
I reckon the developments will come. The group workouts just dropped. The mobile app is getting better. There is a ways to go though.

Im with you Knappo, Watopia cant be beaten right now.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

I have just cancelled mine until next winter......I enjoy it when the weather is too bad to ride.

Yes I agree Watopia is the best place to ride London & Richmond bore the piss out of me!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

At the moment, (for me) I don't see any reason for me to cancel. I was already ok wearing the current monthly cost for the occasional zwift session that i might do. It was a good thing to have available should i want or need it. I can't see that changing in the next year that the price remains the same.

Bumping the price up starts making it look a bit like an extravagance that i could perhaps do without. At best, it might turn into a service that i pay for by the month when i feel like i want to use it. Unfortunately, that then takes away a bit of the spontaneity from using it as a training aid. I suspect Miss V is thinking the same way too with her subscription.

No doubt, if I was using it to the extent that Norbs does, then I'd consider it a bargain. Even at $20/month it comes out at pretty decent value. For me, it doesn't work out quite so economical. last month I did just 3 sessions, for a total of about 3.5 hours. Previous months i've done zero. So i'd either need to be more committed to riding Zwift or decide to ditch it.

It's a bit frustrating, because all of the recent development looks really promising, especially around Wattopia and the mobile app.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Decided to get back on Zwift for at least a month, maybe a few.

Wanted to be able to do some training without having to leave home keeping me available for the family.
Planing on using it for lower intensity riding without the risk of hurting myself on the MTB as I have my first ever half marathon next month, and if all goes well another few before the year is out.

Argh, looks like Zwift is only allowing me a 25k trail till my payment clears in (upto) 2 business days...
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Setup a support ticket and the Zwifters said it all looked clear on their end and I just needed to ride past the 25k mark to clear the warning/prompt in the desktop software.

All was good. Knocked out 65k last night and 5 laps in a big bunch. Dam that was fun, I got dropped a few times by a few lengths when launching new YouTube videos to watch but a quick sprint got me back in touch.

The pack was cruising at 42kph and after 2 laps I quickly learnt their rythum. A few times I needed to retrieve my towl and gapped them in places they cruised and quickly jumped off the bike and back on without loosing the bunch.

Was probably the most fun I've had on Zwift.
norbs

Post by norbs »

If you can get on the back of those big bunches, it is pretty good fun. Try the Wednesday night Aussie hump day ride. They have had 400 in that pack.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Richmond is a bitch, that is all.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

KNAPPO wrote:Richmond is a bitch, that is all.
:rofl: it certainly has a special way of kicking your arse :D
norbs

Post by norbs »

Usually, when it is on Richmond, I do something else :)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote:Usually, when it is on Richmond, I do something else :)

Yeah I remember you saying that last year. I have never ridden it so thought ide give it a go.

As soon as I spawned and got moving a big bunch of KISS Racing Team guys went past so I latched on, happy with their pace I decided to just sit in the bunch and go for a long ride. Then I got to that hilly section in the last 1/4 of the lap. That kicked my arse on lap 1 but I managed to not loose the bunch so went for a 2nd lap. Half way around I was dreading that climb again as the legs were starting to feel it but to my surprise I finished the climb(s) in the front bunch so got to have a slight rest as they all re grouped and went for lap 3 with them.

I was close to 50k for the night so decided to finish my ride off on the short loop. Man, as soon as I lost that big bunch draft it was hard work on the flat sections but finished up for the night at 50k in Zwift which equalled 49.96km in Strava, thanks Strava...
norbs

Post by norbs »

Yeah, always go to 50.5 in Zwift, just in case.

I know a bloke who did 300kms on Zwift, but in Strava it was 299.1kms LOL
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I use to do + .1k and its always worked out but its been son long since I Zwifted last I plum forgot about it last night. Oh well, going for a ride tonight on the MTB and ill be Zwifting over Easter a few times so ill do more than my weekly target anyhoo.

:bike:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Give Wed night a go on the Aussie Humpday Ride :)
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

norbs wrote:Yeah, always go to 50.5 in Zwift, just in case.

I know a bloke who did 300kms on Zwift, but in Strava it was 299.1kms LOL
Give that man a medal :eyepop: 70-100 would be the absolute max for me!!
norbs

Post by norbs »

I have done a few hundreds, but it is hard yakka.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I had started using the GUI onscreen power output graph when Zwifting lately and noticed that occasionally and quite regularly the Kicker Snap would drop to 0 watts and my on screen rider would stop pedalling for a second or two. It wasnt really bothering me at first but the more I noticed it and more I was trying to draft the more pissed off it was making me. I would loose 2-3 bike lengths with it at times. Was getting to be a pain but I would just ride thru it as I kept finding myself time limited.

On Sunday I decided to take a bit of a look see and thought that it could do with the fact that I use 2 USB cable extenders for the ANT+ stick so trimmed it back to one. That forced me to re assign the trainer in Zwift so I selected Kicker Snap, as a result the trainer was kinda in dumb mode and wasn't varying in resistance. After 3k I decided to take a 2nd look at the settings as I had noticed a 2nd Wahooo Kicker option, Kicker FE-C which ide never seen before. Selected it and all is fine now.

From the Zwift-forum.
There are two ways to talk to KICKR trainers. FE-C is the only way we will support talking to the KICKR in the future, so I'd start with that one. Functionally FE-C should work better, and the old way is just there to support very old versions of the KICKR that haven't updated firmware.
I guess this change happened when I stopped Zwifting as ide never seen it before. Bloody glad I sorted it out, was starting to do my head in.
norbs

Post by norbs »

All the new apps have a ways to go yet IMHO. Some many wrinkles that take away from the experience.

Dont get me wrong, I love Zwift (should hit 10,000kms this week), but the frustrations when you just want to get on and ride and something goes wrong :D