29%
Sunday night
29%

Total votes: 7

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

[Zwift ARSE Ride] 23/24th July 2016

Post by norbs »

What is the best time for everyone to have a bit of a group ride. Maybe a few laps of the flat course to get a feel for things for everyone? Going at 1.5w/kg and working up from there.

Poll above.

Lets say 4PM for the arvo slots and 8PM for the night slots.

Discuss.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DarrenM

Re: [Zwift ARSE Ride] 23/24th July 2016

Post by DarrenM »

Daytime would work better for me if it's likely to be a longer ride. Was looking to do Pretzel 10-11am tomorrow but I'm flexible.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Hmm no poll on Tapatalk, but I can definitely do the 8pm, not sure about the 4pm

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote:Daytime would work better for me if it's likely to be a longer ride. Was looking to do Pretzel 10-11am tomorrow but I'm flexible.
Probably 45 or so Darren. The Pretzel took me nearly 3 hours from memory.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Nights for me, Sunday is the GP so I might watch it on the trainer lol.

Hoping to be all setup tomorrow.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Was just planning to do the KOM so I could compare to the first go, but that's probably still 2 hours for me.

EDIT: Decided to do it anyway. 4 weeks ago: 85mins. Today: 53 mins. Slight improvement :)

Tried to go up the hill after the KOM finishes but I had so much tyre slip the bike wouldn't move.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

6pm Perth time Monday, Wednesday & Thursdays works well for me if we want to attempt a regular weekly ride.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Is there an 8pm ride tonight?

This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
norbs

Re: RE: Re: [Zwift ARSE Ride] 23/24th July 2016

Post by norbs »

Brett_S wrote:Is there an 8pm ride tonight?

I will jump in at 8. Not sure how my foot will go.

What course?
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Flat course? I might so some hills beforehand.

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I can get on at 8 as well, though still a bit sore from yesterday.

Trying to see if it's possible to create a private event, but I can't even find where you create them in the first place. I guess we would just join off each other at 8pm then head off when we're all in.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

8pm Culburra Beach time might be a stretch for me but if I do manage I'll jump on. Just finished another session, free trial lasted me 2 days lol.

I'm hoping on watching the GP whilst doing a few laps of the flat course so I might be able to join you guys on the road.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Meet at the start arch at 8pm
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Thanks guys, managed to go a lot further than I expected. I normally push too hard so it worked out well to hold back a bit. Apart from the sprints.

Didn't think much of that course solo but it was good in a group. Tried to annoy you guys with the elbows and the bell but it didn't work. Couldn't hear the bell so nfi if it even works :)

Had difficulty figuring out the pacing. Seems like there's 5-10 seconds lag when registering a change of effort in the device. Sometimes I'd shoot 15m ahead/back with no apparent change in effort.

I guess that's what's also killing me on the steeper hills. I'd start pushing harder after I start going up and my dude would just grind to a halt for 10 seconds or so before picking up pace again. Everyone else seems to cruise up without slowing.
Last edited by DarrenM on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

That last pic looks a bit wrong.... :)

Thanks for the ride guys. Nice way to end the week.
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote:Thanks guys, managed to go a lot further than I expected. I normally push too hard so it worked out well to hold back a bit. Apart from the sprints.

Didn't think much of that course solo but it was good in a group. Tried to annoy you guys with the elbows and the bell but it didn't work. Couldn't hear the bell so nfi if it even works :)

Had difficulty figuring out the pacing. Seems like there's 5-10 seconds lag when registering a change of effort in the device. Sometimes I'd shoot 15m ahead/back with no apparent change in effort.

I guess that's what's also killing me on the steeper hills. I'd start pushing harder after I start going up and my dude would just grind to a halt for 10 seconds or so before picking up pace again. Everyone else seems to cruise up without slowing.

Sounds like there is an issue there Darren. There shouldnt be any lag. I was watching your rider for a while and the power did seem to be jumping around a fair bit. Also, your heart rate is a lot higher than I expected.

Is the ANT dongle close to the bike? Maybe turn down the trainer resistance in Zwift to see if that helps. Is the wheel still slipping?
norbs

Post by norbs »

Brett_S wrote:That last pic looks a bit wrong.... :)

Thanks for the ride guys. Nice way to end the week.

Darren just wanted a prostate exam. Nothing problematic. :D
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I stayed on till the start of the race, 40km done. Good fun lads.

154kms for the week. I think im going to get lot of use out of this.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Dongle is a couple meters away from the trainer. I'll try an extension cable next time. Might unplug a few usb devices as well.

I've done a couple manual counts at rest first thing in the morning and the HRM gave the same result (~60bpm). Just not very fit I guess. Cracked 190bpm on the last sprint :melt:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote:There shouldnt be any lag.

I experience a bit of a delay when the rider is stopped and you want to get going again. Ive noticed I have to spin the trainer up a tad before I experience any movement in the Zwift rider. One other thing I haven't been able to work out. I see cadence RPM on the app but there isnt a cadence readout in the top left widget, just -- RPM.

I unlocked the 32mm carbon wheels last night. Would like to sort out whats required for a different bike unlock. I selected the California Challenge so I know what one is ticking over.

Might have to look into a hear rate monitor soon, ive been wondering for a while now how hard the ticker is going.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

KNAPPO wrote:

I experience a bit of a delay when the rider is stopped and you want to get going again. Ive noticed I have to spin the trainer up a tad before I experience any movement in the Zwift rider. One other thing I haven't been able to work out. I see cadence RPM on the app but there isnt a cadence readout in the top left widget, just -- RPM.

I unlocked the 32mm carbon wheels last night. Would like to sort out whats required for a different bike unlock. I selected the California Challenge so I know what one is ticking over.

Might have to look into a hear rate monitor soon, ive been wondering for a while now how hard the ticker is going.
I find that small delay also Knappo......I will see if that disappears as I from today as I now have an ethernet connection to the lap top was getting too may dropouts with the wifi.

With regards to the unlockable gear and bikes go here.....http://www.titaniumgeek.com/cycling/zwi ... ates/#gear

And yes do get a HR Monitor essential piece of equipment for road riding!!
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

hutchy wrote:I find that small delay also Knappo......I will see if that disappears as I from today as I now have an ethernet connection to the lap top was getting too may dropouts with the wifi.

With regards to the unlockable gear and bikes go here.....http://www.titaniumgeek.com/cycling/zwi ... ates/#gear
Im connected via wifi and my ANT+ receiver is about 10-20cm away from the trainer motor.

Yeah I was reading up on that manual this morning. I really want that Canyon Aeroad since I own the Canyon Spectral MTB.
It looks like im a ride or two away from the Specialized Allez.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Yep my Ant+ dongle is next to the motor also. Just got the Camo jersey pack....and should today unlock the Zipp Wheels.
norbs

Post by norbs »

KNAPPO wrote:

The delay to get moving is normal from what i can tell. And it is a lot better than a few months back.

Make sure the Windows app finds all your sensors before you start riding. I usually start up Zwift and it gets to the sensors screen, then do my Wahoo spindown, then start my ride. But my set up is slightly different in that I use power meter data, not the data from the Wahoo. (I think the latest update goes to the ride screen as soon as it has found all the normal ANT+ and BT devices).