Scottie

Re: JSF/F-35...time to eject.

Post by Scottie »

nice read, thanks Wabbit!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Good read.

It's good to hear from such guys who fly such birds, they know their shit. He was right about bailing on the F-35 a decade ago but it's too late now. We should have looked at another air frame a long time ago.

The F-35 and it's successor might be the last manned fighter/bombers. Hell the F-35 might be the last. The limiting factor is the pilot as we can only take so many G's but you still need someone to make that decision to pull the trigger. 2050 will be fighter drones in the USAF if not sooner.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Montey

Post by Montey »

- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

That article was incredibly carefully worded. Note not one kill for an F-35 is confirmed. I'd bet they were all from Raptors and *cough* legacy aircraft with the lame duck 35 acting as a glorifed awacs/ew aircraft.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I would say you are on the money there Jamo. The F-35 has that network capacity to work as awacs/ew but it's so limited on the amount of missiles it can carry.

They need to put it against SU-35's. They cart a dozen missiles each aircraft and throw 3 to 4 at a time at you. But that would make them look bad.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/0 ... f35_again/

Jesus Tapdancing Christ it just gets worse and worse. Any other industry and I'd suspect the whole thing to simply be a scam.

Surely there are some treason charges to be laid here?
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

They have spent so much money.. it would just be a loss.

Now it is throw money at it to work.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Am interesting alternative to the F35... the F15SE.

A proven air-frame with key modifications that bring its capabilities more inline with the F35, or Boing attempting to flog a dead horse?

- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Well, they currently work now and with a few tweak/upgrades there still in front of some up and comers. As the other main competition is delayed so heavily.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

We might have a real problem with spare parts for the F-35A. Beyond the US there is no distributors for spare parts. It won't be mission capable 48% of the time. It's looking like the spare parts program for international buyers will not be ready until 2024. They also keep adding to the aircraft with additional equipment so it's now not going to reach performance bench marks.

The rapid rate of aircraft development is not what it use to be so this could be a very long process that most likely will be overtaken.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

It's a victim of bloatware... hahahahaha!!!
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."