China shows off new J-31 fighter

ARSE Aviators Airways.
J.D.
Rat

China shows off new J-31 fighter

Post by J.D. »

CNN runs pictures of Su-27 family jets...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyhow, amid the usual accusations of copying by both sides, it seems China are still backing the manned fighter concept for the foreseeable future.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/13/world ... ?hpt=hp_c5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: China shows off new J-31 fighter

Post by wobblysauce »

Hacks or not.. there have been pictures floating around for ages, enough to get data to build a similar looking craft.

As for the manned craft, what else would they do with all the Kids that have been trained and are in the process of training.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

wobblysauce wrote:Hacks or not.. there have been pictures floating around for ages, enough to get data to build a similar looking craft.

As for the manned craft, what else would they do with all the Kids that have been trained and are in the process of training.
Except that the exterior is only a (relatively) small part of the story. We all wanna know what's inside.

China already has the world's largest air force (by numbers). How many do you reckon they are going to transfer for this? Even they can't do this cheaply.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

True.

Wonder how the automation crop is coming alone.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Huh, there had to be a use for all the old circuit boards..

http://arstechnica.co.uk/information-te ... -material/

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Very interesting. Thanks Wobbles.