Assetto Corsa, New sim from creators of NKPRO

This game convinced norbs to buy a new computer!
VIPEROSI

Assetto Corsa, New sim from creators of NKPRO

Post by VIPEROSI »

Just saw this posted on Virtual R
[youtube] [/youtube]

Kunos Simulazioni has officially revealed their new simulation that will be released in 2012 – Assetto Corsa.

Following the first teaser that was released a week ago, the studio has revealed a first batch of previews and info on the new title. Assetto Corsa comes with plenty of innovations that have never been seen in any Kunos title before, including AI opponents and full modding support!

Assetto Corsa will be powered by a DirectX 11 graphics engine with state of the art post-processing effects like DOF & Blur. Content wise, the new simulation will offer plenty of licensed cars from all forms of circuit racing as well as laser-scanned tracks.

Main Features

DirectX 11 graphics engine
Advanced physics model
Accurate car dynamic modeling -Innovative artificial intellicence algorithms -Multiplayer races over the Internet
Fully customizable graphical user interface -Immersive 3D sounds
Official licensed cars (single seaters, Production, GT, GTR, historic F1 and GT cars, prototypes, and so on )
Official licensed tracks modeled using Laserscan technology (modern, historic, closed tracks, open courses)
Extensive support for user created mods

Below are first previews of Assetto Corsa as well as a teaser video. The previews show off the Imola circuit as well as the Fiat Abarth 500 an a historic Formula One racer.

With this sim looking like it will be a serious rival to CARS and Rfactor 2 it looks like we are in for a bumper year! The drought may just be breaking
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: Assetto Corsa, New sim from creators of NKPRO

Post by NeilPearson »

Holy cow that looks amazing.

Just hope it has far better support than NKPro ever had...
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Its only an opinion but i get the feeling that these guys are starting to wake up to whats necessary to be successful in the industry, and coming off the back of Ferrari Academy i think they might be on a roll.

The general consensus though is "i hope this gets better support then NKPro"
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

well NKPro is considerd one of the better Sims phsyics wise, its just poor in so many other area's. this promises to fill those area's with awesome. So lets hope.

that interior shot is awesome, it looks stunning. It just goes to show just how crappy iracing is. with its tiny templates, its poor models. they may show alot but there awfully low poly.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

OMG....Looks amazing. nKP has the best physics around in my opinion, even better than iracing, it's just lacking in so many other areas. I hope that this will address all of that.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

nkp has finally been updated, guys, to a pretty playable status. Most of the real problems around online racing (collisions, lags) have been addressed pretty well.
But that initial "no show" was really crap. And even later the development has been extremely slow on nkp front. However, now I can sort of see where all the "manpower" was allocated; ferrari and this.

Question is, indeed, will he do it right this time, or will he disappear and do something else after a buggy release? :)
But after paying iR prices, I won't mind - ever! - forking out another $30 or so for a new sim ;)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Wow. Makes rFactor 2 look slightly embarrassing doesn't it.

I fired up nkPro again recently and it still feels by far the best sim for me, even compared to iRacing (although I haven't played that for over a year). Something just feels absolutely right in nkPro, you can somehow feel everything more than in anything else.

If they can wrap that feeling up with some class leading graphics, big things could be ahead.

And also if they can not muck about too much and get the bloody thing released and supported, of course :D
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Don't forget the extreme bugginess of the early nkp on the network front. It still is far from perfect, eg loading up a measly 30-40 server list takes a minute. There are still problems with the server instance, it sometimes just won't rotate the sessions and/or tracks, etc.

So IMHO they need to carefully address the 'net' part as well. But otherwise I completely agree, it feels far better than anything out there currently.
CARS looks bloody good too. Hopefully we're finally past the GTL graphics level in racing sims ;)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I just want a good, single player racing game. If the Codies F1 games were up to scratch they'd be perfect but the loading times are too long and, of course, the driving itself leaves quite a lot to be desired.

This is looking perfect really. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

One of the things I liked about nk was the interactive cockpits. I hope they retain that it added another layer of depth.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Cannot believe some of the screenshots posted over the last month. This is looking really good, I hope they have the netcode sorted out!

Just saw that this is free to play August 16-19. One car one track deal to help test on different hardware.

http://racesimcentral.com/2012/08/asset ... 19-august/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Holy Crap that looks stunning.
Maybe this will break my drought of race simming since leaving LFS...???

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Gizmo wrote: Just saw that this is free to play August 16-19. One car one track deal to help test on different hardware.

http://racesimcentral.com/2012/08/asset ... 19-august/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope it means just that but I dont think so.
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Bauer wrote:
Gizmo wrote: Just saw that this is free to play August 16-19. One car one track deal to help test on different hardware.

Hope it means just that but I dont think so.
What do you think it is, then?

I can't friggen wait...it looks bloody good. I just fervently hope they'll iron all the bugs out better than they did in nkp...
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

My guess is it's for GamesCom attendees only
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

r8response wrote:My guess is it's for GamesCom attendees only
that would be a cruel joke to post online...but possible
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Tech demo is finally about to be released. Seems to have gone to a few hardware guys already and should be downloadable in "some days"

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's activated with the license key from netkar pro.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Tech demo is out. Couldn't seem to find a link on the actual website.

Found a "mega" link on the iRacing forums.

https://mega.co.nz/#!cgZmyS6D!BZ1RBmNmf ... Lb-cgA53bQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Kunos released something!?

I might start actually believing in this project now, looks phenomemneoeneonemeneaenal :)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Couple mirrors and torrent links here
http://www.racedepartment.com/2013/02/a ... -released/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Torrent - http://kunos.convergenze.it/setup_actp.exe.torrent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just installing now :)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Just had a belt around on this with the keyboard. Mostly I wanted to see how it ran on my machine. I cranked up the settings as I normally do and was really disapointed with the performance as I can run most games maxed out on my machine.

After a bit of fiddling I checked out what my GPU was doing (GTX590) and was surprised to see that only one GPU was working. I guess SLI hasn't been implemented in this build yet.

So for now I'll dial the settings back and get the old wheel out of the cupboard to see how it feels.

Quick impressions are I like all the menus in game and the sense of speed is great.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Righteous wrote:After a bit of fiddling I checked out what my GPU was doing (GTX590) and was surprised to see that only one GPU was working. I guess SLI hasn't been implemented in this build yet.
Make a custom profile. I think you'll have to point it to acs.exe

I'm getting around 100fps with the settings maxed on a 580GTX so it's lower than iracing but that's to be expected. Good enough for hotlapping, but I'm sure I'd have to turn it down a bit for multi.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Leave "Cubemap Resolution" and "Faces per Frame" on low settings. They hammer the frame rates.