Share your setups.

This game convinced norbs to buy a new computer!
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Share your setups.

Post by norbs »

I suck the big one when it comes to setting up a car.

Anyone got a Lotus 49 setup at Monza? :D

1:30, I will get you you filthy strumpet!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: Share your setups.

Post by ysu »

All I did for a 1:30 there is to move the brakes all the way to the back (54 I think). That helped enormously with braking.
Then another bit can be achieved (for me) by reducing the diff lock - one of them is much higher, can't recall if it was the power or the coast, anyway, I've reduced it by 2-3 clicks.
disclaimer: I've not been able to try the new updates yet, just got back home from holidays :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

How was your holiday ysu?
balls & boobs. . .
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Good, thanks! Nice topless girls in Byron Bay on the beach, good weather & food overall...yeah good. I'm stuffed with eye fillet steak, lamb and all sorts of other goodies :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

ysu wrote:All I did for a 1:30 there is to move the brakes all the way to the back (54 I think). That helped enormously with braking.
Actually on this subject I have started to notice that it is really easy to lockup on initial brake application on some of the cars, a little bit like Richo has been trying to solve.
It's particularly bad on the Lotus 49 at high speed as it will lock up on me even though I feel I have only depressed my G25 brake about 1/3 of its full travel. I know there is some talk on the AC forum that the brake pressure at high speed it's not right yet but is anyone else experiencing this & have a solution.

Did adjusting your brake balance help with this issue ysu?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I didn't have a lockup issue per se...
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Down to 28.6 at monza. There's a low 28 sitting there if I can nail the drifts right but I'm not smooth enough.

I'm only using 2nd for the first lesmo. 3rd for the 2nd lesmo and parabolica. Flat through Ascari but I have to give it a tiny flick on entry to get it turning or I understeer off.

Saved the wrong lap in the replay :(

For Imola I just put 2nd gear 2 clicks shorter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote:Down to 28.6 at monza. There's a low 28 sitting there if I can nail the drifts right but I'm not smooth enough.

I'm only using 2nd for the first lesmo. 3rd for the 2nd lesmo and parabolica. Flat through Ascari but I have to give it a tiny flick on entry to get it turning or I understeer off.

And I feel like we are back to GPL days. :)

Nice work Darren
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Damn Darren, I'm still struggling getting the 1:30.00 achievement albeit using the default set but you'll get the 2nd achievement in no time.
Faster than Jim Clark, Chapman would be proud of you
Beat 1:28:50 at Monza (historical) with the Lotus 49
Dukester

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

DarrenM wrote:Down to 28.6 at monza. There's a low 28 sitting there if I can nail the drifts right but I'm not smooth enough.

Thanks for that set! :D

First I thought it was a really unforgiving one, but after a couple of laps I've started to 'get it'. I think there's more in it, I'm not drifting it enough into most corners, but already it's a pb after only a few laps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I tweaked the rear toe and it's easier to get on the power and easier to control in a slide. I haven't gone any faster with it, but I'm there more consistently.

I only just figured out the 1st lesmo tonight. It's a tightening radius so you need to stay off the power and trail brake a long way into the corner. I was getting back on the power too soon and thinking I was understeering.
Last edited by DarrenM on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote:I tweaked the rear toe and it's easier to get on the power and easier to control in a slide. I haven't gone any faster with it, but I'm there more consistently.

I only just figured out the 2nd lesmo tonight. It's a tightening radius so you need to stay off the power and trail brake a long way into the corner. I was getting back on the power too soon and thinking I was understeering.

I am still coming to terms with the 2 lesmos to.

The first seems to go on way longer than in GPL. And the 2nd, like you say Darren, seems to tighten up.

I am just too inconsistent at the moment. My 3 best sector times gets me a 1:29.9, but my best lap is mid 1:32. :yikes:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Oops, I meant first. As you say it seems to go on forever. 2nd one seems to be a matter of getting a bit of a slide on entry to rotate the car so you can get on the power early and hopefully exit the corner without sliding and without bumping the apex.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

More tweaks, 28.220.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/638 ... 66%202.ini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Replay saving is fucked up in this game. I tried saving the whole session replay and it only saved about 5 mins so I didn't get my hotlap. Tried saving the lap with the markers and it saved a different section of the replay :(
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I was chasing time at Monza today. I got into the low 1:30.xxx on the default. I hope we get more cars and tracks from that era. Changing down is my biggest issue getting hung up between gears.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Dr. Pain wrote:I was chasing time at Monza today. I got into the low 1:30.xxx on the default. I hope we get more cars and tracks from that era. Changing down is my biggest issue getting hung up between gears.
I keep stuffing up my down shifts... Think I need to slow everything down a bit, including the heal-toe action. :shrug:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I tried using the G27 shifter because upshifts are faster than paddles, but it sucks arse. Keep getting it stuck on the gate so I'm back to paddles. Might have to grab a clubsport shifter.

Silverstone in the L49 is mega fun. Technical bits mixed with high speed bits. Much better than the old layout.

This version seems to need more camber. I got to 28.0 at Monza but couldn't crack into the 27's with this setup.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

DarrenM wrote:I tried using the G27 shifter because upshifts are faster than paddles, but it sucks arse. Keep getting it stuck on the gate so I'm back to paddles. Might have to grab a clubsport shifter.

Silverstone in the L49 is mega fun. Technical bits mixed with high speed bits. Much better than the old layout.
Finally got under 1:30 (1:29.95) in the L49 @ Monza using your setup Darren (cheers), could only run a 1:30.3x with the default. But because of the manual shifting and one hand driving, my right wrist is now sore. :melt:

Just for reference, I'm using the Fanatec CSR (not elite) with the CSR Shifter and CSR Elite Pedals. Although I'm still having problems on the down shift... :eyepop:
Here's a photo of the setup (obviously not showing Assetto Corsa ;) )
WP_20131004_001.jpg
Note: The default gear stick mount, places it way too low for my liking. :(
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I have the same cockpit and yeah, it's pretty low. It also gets in my way if I have it installed because I have to get out that side of the cockpit.

If I get the clubsport shifter I'll be trying to mount it up higher on the right side like an open wheeler shifter.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

DarrenM wrote:I have the same cockpit and yeah, it's pretty low. It also gets in my way if I have it installed because I have to get out that side of the cockpit.

If I get the clubsport shifter I'll be trying to mount it up higher on the right side like an open wheeler shifter.
I don't think I'll ever be allowed to by upgrades for this setup, now the boy is here. Unless I buy them for him... Is 5 weeks old too early for sim racing??? ;)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Well, top drivers always seem to have started their racing earlier and earlier. I guess if you want him to be prime for world champ contention in 20 years time he'll need to start soon :)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Formula Abarth. 16 wing and medium tyres seems to be the go.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Resurrecting this thread now that AACL is about to kick-off.

This article may also help for those into creating setups: Comprehensive Setup Guide for Novice and Advanced Drivers
Dukester