Force Feedback settings.

This game convinced norbs to buy a new computer!
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Force Feedback settings.

Post by norbs »

I was chatting to Duke on the phone and telling him how sterile the AC FFB feels compared to E3R and pCars. He was surprised, so I thought I would check what I am doing wrong?

Anything need attention there?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Enforcer-J

Re: Force Feedback settings.

Post by Enforcer-J »

Gain - I usually have about 80
Filter - 0
Daming - 0
Minimum force - 10 to 15 seems better
Kerb - crank it
Road - crank it
Slip - about right
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Enforcer-J wrote:Kerb - crank it
Road - crank it
I had to turn these two right down with my new wheel. Every time i touched a kerb it wanted to break my arms!
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Yeah its different for different wheels ofcourse. Those settings are for my G27.

AC is super predictable ive found. Everything just feels right to me. I hadnt really spent much time at all playing with the wheel settings. I tried a couple of things and thought, that'll do and havent looked at it since.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Same EJ, Darren posted his basic setup in my rig thread. Tried it out and haven't had to mess with the settings much since.
The only thing ive noticed is different cars tend to clip the FFB more than others so i find myself turning the FFB down via the wheel to get the detail back when the wheel is loaded up.

Norbs. when the FFB clips i find the wheel just feels plain loaded. There is no detail in the FFB and it feels shit.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

norbs wrote:I was chatting to Duke on the phone and telling him how sterile the AC FFB feels compared to E3R and pCars. He was surprised, so I thought I would check what I am doing wrong?

Hmm, yes that's very surprising. I find AC the most alive out of all of them.

I'll take a look at my settings when I'm home.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Gain - I have this set to 100 in this menu then fine tune the FFB strength & damper in the setup of each car for the track. I use the FFB Clip App to determine the best FFB strength, it's part of my setup work.
Filter - This depends on personal preference & is wheel specific. It is needed to avoid spikes in the FFB so in effect is a smoothing option. Keep it low (3-8) if you use it.
Damping - This depends on personal preference & is wheel specific. It is helps with removing wheel oscillation when you let go of the wheel especially high-speed straights. Again keep it low (3-5) so that it just removes any oscillation.
Minimum force - Different for different wheels, it removes centre deadzone. For Logitech G25 it's recommended to be about 13 for G27 it a bit higher (15-18) iirc.

The last 3 setting are canned effects, meaning they are injected as an artificial FFB on top of the FFB from the physix engine.
Kerb - I have this at 5 or 10, I would run it at 0 except that many mod tracks ripple strips aren't picked up correctly so this adds the effect as needed. ;)
Road - 0, as I hate canned effects
Slip - 0, as I hate canned effects

EDIT: This could prove helpful norbs, if you can be bothered reading through it to find the info on your specific wheel? AC Forum - FANATEC Wheels official thread
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Righteous wrote:
norbs wrote:I was chatting to Duke on the phone and telling him how sterile the AC FFB feels compared to E3R and pCars. He was surprised, so I thought I would check what I am doing wrong?

Hmm, yes that's very surprising. I find AC the most alive out of all of them.
That's exactly what I said to him on the phone, although that's more so when using KS cars & tracks. I've found it's a bit more hit & miss with mods but it is still very good in most cases.
Dukester

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I dont even know what clipping or spiking is as ive never had an issue, atleast I havent noticed one! Rfactor yes, but realfeel fixed that.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Enforcer-J wrote:I dont even know what clipping or spiking is as ive never had an issue, atleast I havent noticed one! Rfactor yes, but realfeel fixed that.
If you don't know what it is then how do you know you're not having an issue with either... :lol:
The pedal app shows if the FFB is clipping. ;)
Dukester

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Enforcer-J wrote:I dont even know what clipping or spiking is as ive never had an issue, atleast I havent noticed one!
When you have the pedal app opened there is a vertical meter/bar on the far right. It is illustrating the FFB forces. When it goes all the way to the top and turns red the FFB is going beyond 100% and clips from what I understand. When it hits the top I notice the fine details thru the wheel disappear and the forces become constant and there seems to be no detail or fluctuations in FFB.

Just fond this little tool ill try out over the weekend to see whats going on a bit closer.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index ... 2-3.14165/