Pits

This game convinced norbs to buy a new computer!
c.j
Midget Wanker

Pits

Post by c.j »

So can someone explain the pit system in AC for me?

We are coming up to an enduro round and I have no idea how it works in AC. How do you know what box is yours? Also planning a pit strategy, how do you do that?

I want to practice so I don't fudge it, cheers in advance :yes:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
hylas

Re: Pits

Post by hylas »

Well, I haven't looked at the latest patch but it's not hard to assume that the pitting will be left whilst more content is added...

Basically, the game slows the car for you, so hit it as hard as you can. Your pit man is standing at your box, no one else's pit dude is shown for you. And I think it's highlighted on the ground. I can't remember (it's pretty easy to spot).

Once your stopped in your box you have a screen that comes up and gives you a choice of tyres/fuel etc. You might want to do a test run before an enduro because if you don't know what your doing in that screen you could be losing critical seconds. You basically choose how much fuel to add, select the tyres you want. But your pit crew won't start on any of it until you click the finish button. I don't even remember if it's a finish button. I think it's green...
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Do a race with pit stops as a test. It's been a year since I did a pit stop in AC so will have to do this myself. I have forgotten the process.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I might have to pit at Grobnik. I can get into the 26s, but burn tyres like nothing else.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

I think you can practice pits in single player races off line now, but if you want to avoid a lot of scrambling for a mouse and losing time making selections in the pits, you definitely want this app:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pitconfig.8032/
This should have been made by Kunos, it's a necessity for any pitstops in race IMHO
:eyepop:
Enforcer-J

Re: RE: Re: Pits

Post by Enforcer-J »

norbs wrote:I might have to pit at Grobnik. I can get into the 26s, but burn tyres like nothing else.
Isn't it compulsory? Or is it not an enduro round?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Next round is an enduro, so I wanted to get it down pat before we race. Hopefully it's not necessary in the sprint rounds.

Cheers guys, I will set it up in SP and see
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)