Kunos Simulazioni Sold to Digital Bros

This game convinced norbs to buy a new computer!
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Kunos Simulazioni Sold to Digital Bros

Post by Cutter »

In a rather shocking announcement, Kunos Simulazioni has announced that the studio will be acquired by Digital Bros, for 4.3 Million Euros (approximately $4.58 million).
Digital Bros is also the parent company of 505 Games, who developed the console versions of Assetto Corsa. The agreement will see Digital Bros featuring a 100% ownership stake of the Italian company.

Not much is known about the change of ownership, but it is confirmed that Stefano Casillo and Marco Massarutto will still stay onboard with the studio, and oversee development.

More http://simracingpaddock.com/assetto-cor ... ital-bros/
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: Kunos Simulazioni Sold to Digital Bros

Post by w00dsy »

$4.58 million, looks like Stefano can have nice things :D
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

My first impression is good on him/them but I can see this won't go down well at all.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

It's possible some oversight could force them to do some work on delivering the features they need, rather than endlessly tweaking the physics.
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Here's hoping that 505 doesn't ruin another franchise that it's bought (see Payday 2) and we get some features completed.

Rumor has it that Kunos was stopped development for AC by the end of 2017 anyway and with all the "shit" that they "went through" not to mention the miserable console release (several youtubers I follow who were paid by 505 to advertise the game stopped playing because "there was nothing to do aside hotlapping") there is a chance that AC2 will never happen and this might just be the end of the line unless Stefano and Marcos want to mortgage their houses again to fund another race sim.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

That is actually surprisingly cheap in my opinion. And they've sold 100%, that's it.

To me it seems Stefano is remarkably good at building a sim, but remarkably poor at business.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?