AACL is changing.

Racing league forum for all different games.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

AACL is changing.

Post by norbs »

Hey everyone,

just a heads up to let you all know that in the next few days or week, we will be making a bit of a change to this forum.

Firstly, it will be getting a name change from AACL to ARSE Racing. This gives us a bit more flexibility when new games come out and will serve as a place for all ARSE Racing leagues to set up.

The ARSE Racing will also move, from the current spot under Racing Teams into ARSE Gaming. Sort of makes a bit more sense.

The team subforums and AAL will stay here as an archive.

norbs and the admin team.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Enforcer-J

Re: AACL is changing.

Post by Enforcer-J »

It appears ill be racing at xgn then :/
norbs

Post by norbs »

Enforcer-J wrote:It appears ill be racing at xgn then :/
Not sure if sarcasm or not?

What makes you say that? Will still be AC stuff and Pcars.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

It just appears that AC has died around here and still going strong over there. Im hoping the new version has some serious improvements/features to liven it back up again.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Enforcer-J wrote:It just appears that AC has died around here and still going strong over there. Im hoping the new version has some serious improvements/features to liven it back up again.

Fair enough. The last AC comp died, despite the work put into it. There is only so much admins can do.

Oh, and XGN has been proven to be an inferior product to ARSE. :D :lol:
richo

Post by richo »

Good idea I don't see why we can't race whatever sim is we have if enough people have it . Spice it up be tarts and not married to one sim :)
[]D [] []v[] []D
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

2 reasons I didn't race the last series, AC's shitty netcode not allowing me to complete a majority of races, and it was yet another boring tin top series.
norbs

Post by norbs »

GT VIRUS wrote:2 reasons I didn't race the last series, AC's shitty netcode not allowing me to complete a majority of races, and it was yet another boring tin top series.

I have to say, I get the shits when people say a series is boring due to the type of car. There was some excellent racing. You missed out because the car had a roof. :rolleyes:

So I expect to see you roll up for the up coming series. Project cars in open wheelers. Dont let me hear you bitch about that.
Enforcer-J

Re: RE: Re: AACL is changing.

Post by Enforcer-J »

norbs wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote:It just appears that AC has died around here and still going strong over there. Im hoping the new version has some serious improvements/features to liven it back up again.

Fair enough. The last AC comp died, despite the work put into it. There is only so much admins can do.

Oh, and XGN has been proven to be an inferior product to ARSE. :D :lol:
Yeah it's not the admins fault at all, it just is what it is. Personally I dont think there is a better car to race in AC then the last one and was surprised that people weren't all over it. Netcode has let me down, but ive fixed things my end and its not an issue now.

Without pCARS im my library, if that's the season we are running then Ill obviously have to go elsewhere for my fix that's all im saying. I'm just disappointed AC isnt half as big as LFS was and if half the field dropped out, youd still have a full server or 2
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

What was being tested last night in Pcars was really good. It should make for a nice open wheel series.

To move between both games will be good as both offer so much. AC is modable but modding has good and bad points. But then Cars being controlled limits it's content.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
hylas

Post by hylas »

OK, so I've gone out and bought pcars. So I'm good for either game, I haven't played pcars at all yet but I REALLY REALLY don't want to see AC die here. I'm having fun! Hoping others will be keen for the foreseeable future.

I've also been thinking about becoming a member of XGN and participating in their races. In no way does that mean I would give up on ARSE though. I just feel like I could do with more frequent comp races. That's if they even do comps on a different night. Any clashes and I side with ARSE :/ That sounds wrong

I will be driving to my parents on Friday afternoon so I won't be able to try out pcars this friday with you guys. I'll try for the week after ;)
richo

Post by richo »

You don't have to be monogamous it's ok to cheat on AC with Pcars or whatever tart of your fancy , insert small mexican girl now.
[]D [] []v[] []D
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

norbs wrote:
GT VIRUS wrote:2 reasons I didn't race the last series, AC's shitty netcode not allowing me to complete a majority of races, and it was yet another boring tin top series.

I have to say, I get the shits when people say a series is boring due to the type of car. There was some excellent racing. You missed out because the car had a roof. :rolleyes:

So I expect to see you roll up for the up coming series. Project cars in open wheelers. Dont let me hear you bitch about that.
Excellent racing maybe, but I couldn't be bothered driving around in a car I didn't like for hours on end, then likely dropping out of the race after one lap. I hope to be in the P.C series
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Now that the sub forum is made, would it be possible to consolidate some of the lesser used sub forums?

Live For Speed, rFactor, GPL, ARSE Golf, Codemasters Games, Gran Turismo series and Minecraft could probably all be moved into the "Other Games" section.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I'd prefer not to be honest... But it's not my call.

Having them seperate on the main board makes them easy to find & are great for going back over especially if reinstalling or resurrecting old gems.

If we do decide to do it then please keep an rF2 specific board please. It's as good a sim as most in my opinion.

Also I'd vote to keep the Codies one also given the F1, Grid & DIRT series is still going & grabbing a fair amount of play time here.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Duke wrote:I'd prefer not to be honest... But it's not my call.
I'm thinking just the lesser used ones. Golf, Gran Turismo, LFS and Minecraft are pretty much a ghost town with the occasional token post.
norbs

Post by norbs »

r8response wrote:Now that the sub forum is made, would it be possible to consolidate some of the lesser used sub forums?

Live For Speed, rFactor, GPL, ARSE Golf, Codemasters Games, Gran Turismo series and Minecraft could probably all be moved into the "Other Games" section.

Yup, there is a big clean up coming. And all with out consultation, so I expect a backlash. :D
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Oh my god! not a captain's call?! :eyepop:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Dr. Pain wrote:Oh my god! not a captain's call?! :eyepop:
Being a dictator, I didn't think he needed to consult anyone

:lol:
norbs

Post by norbs »

ARSE gaming sorted.

Teams area next. :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Mr ED, can I ask if this we can have an RaceRoom Racing Experience Board with this topic in the ARSE Gaming Section, pretty please???

Especially as I think we may have some ARSE Racing events using it in future...
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:Mr ED, can I ask if this we can have an RaceRoom Racing Experience Board with this topic in the ARSE Gaming Section, pretty please???

Especially as I think we may have some ARSE Racing events using it in future...

I have left the 2 games that are being played here at ARSE, plus iRacing, in the top level. R3E doesn't even have its own sub forum, so probably doesn't need a top level forum with 1 post in it.

We can make a global announcement about that Free to Play weekend if you think it warrants it.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

No worries & all good, ppl who look for new posts & / or are interested should find it.
Dukester

renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Good luck ladies. It will be interesting what sim you choose for the next series. I hope to attend the occasional FNF', see you around.