Enduro Racing?

Racing league forum for all different games.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Enduro Racing?

Post by norbs »

Anyone interested in doing a monthly enduro race? Probably 90min to 2 hours long?

Most likely in AC, but open to suggestion.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Jamo

Re: Enduro Racing?

Post by Jamo »

If it were AC & during the week I might even be tempted! :eek:
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I like the idea. I'm about to disappear to the US for a month, so I would probably miss a round.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I'd be in, possibly even on a non-F1 sunday night?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm interested. Tuesday/Wednesday night might be good for it. There's a few of us that watch Motogp so non F1 Sunday night would be bad. Although Friday night seems to work very well.

I think AC have a good mix of enduro racers in it. But if enough have AMS I'd be open to a run in that too.

Muppet and myself were hoping that maybe someone could run an enduro in the next couple of weeks around Le Mans. Pix two hour race at Le Mans was great fun when we did that.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Boxhead

Post by Boxhead »

sure
~AR~ Boxhead
My head, check it out, its a box
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

I'd be in, Tuesday, Wednesday or use one of the FnF nights for it.

I'm with Doc, a Lemans race with mixed class LMP1 and GT3 would be sweet in the not too distant future

2 hours is fine with me
norbs

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain wrote:I'm interested. Tuesday/Wednesday night might be good for it. There's a few of us that watch Motogp so non F1 Sunday night would be bad. Although Friday night seems to work very well.

I think AC have a good mix of enduro racers in it. But if enough have AMS I'd be open to a run in that too.

Muppet and myself were hoping that maybe someone could run an enduro in the next couple of weeks around Le Mans. Pix two hour race at Le Mans was great fun when we did that.

Maybe you and Muppet could run it? Just a thought. :nod:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

If I knew what I was doing I would.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain wrote:If I knew what I was doing I would.
Open up server manager and have a play.

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\assettocorsa\server or where ever AC is installed.

I can put the config files on the server and you can run it. :) Obviously I will help.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

norbs wrote:
Dr. Pain wrote:If I knew what I was doing I would.
Open up server manager and have a play.

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\assettocorsa\server or where ever AC is installed.

I can put the config files on the server and you can run it. :) Obviously I will help.
I'm not sure it will be the best experience running a server from my 3G network :)

But if you want us to work out the schedule for the race, set the parameters, run a test or whatever else you do to set up a race, happy to do that.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Nope, no need to run it from your end. I dont.

Just set the races up and set the admin passwords so you can restart the sessions etc.

With this Friday night being the last GT4 round, a fortnight from Friday is the perfect opportunity for a Le mans type race.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Sounds good Norbs the Le Mans stuff. Will be handy to learn the server stuff to so we can keep things going even if you're not about.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Sounds interesting, watching this one closely. If I can find the time ide like to put my hat in the ring.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

norbs wrote:Nope, no need to run it from your end. I dont.

Just set the races up and set the admin passwords so you can restart the sessions etc.

With this Friday night being the last GT4 round, a fortnight from Friday is the perfect opportunity for a Le mans type race.
So if I made a server config file, I could just hand that over to say, someone with a server?

That someone being norbs or box lol :rofl:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Yes. Or sign up to AWS for 12 months free.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I plan to hang on to AWS for the group. I'll sign up when we need it to keep things going.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Did some planning the Doctor last night and just want to run it past people before we put up a full post on it.

Here's what we are thinking

4 Race Enduro Series running LMP1 and GT3 cars. Will be 2-3 of each car only. You will have to nominate the car you want and will be in that car for the series. Once the list is up, it will be first in best dressed on car selection.

We'll intertwine it into Friday Night Fun nights and Friday Night League races, probably 1 per 4 to 6 weeks, if this meets the approval of the Dictator and whatever FNF plans for the second half of the year are :)

It will be a 90 minute race, 20 min quali. Was thinking starting at 8pm for Quali then 8:30 for the race which will finish us up around 10pm. Just need a check with people that 8pm for Qauli isn't too early for people.

Pit stops, setups etc will all be free, except we will at the half way mark of the race call for a pit stop, where everyone will enter the pits and we'll pause for a 5 min stop. Everyone will enter the pits on the same lap. Anyone not pitting gets booted!

Once I get a feeling that the time and night will work for people then I'll make a full detail post for the series!

Beware the muppeting
norbs

Post by norbs »

Good work. Some thoughts if I may.

Unless you run the server in booking mode, it will be difficult to allocate cars if we get different people doing each round. Booking mode brings a bit more work, but has been done before.

Are you going to split the field into the 2 groups? 50% LMP and 50% GT3?

Happy to do it Fridays. We can organise the normal series around it.

I am very confused by the 5 minute stop. Who is going to police that? Having done 1 race in iRaping with a long stop, it is a killer for me. 5 minutes is a big chunk of a 90 min race.

Maybe we can get online tonight or tomorrow and have a chat?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Our plan is to only have a set number of cars. So only 6 LMP 1's and 14 GT-3's. You say what you want at the very start and stick with it. How often do we ever get 20 people? We planned to have 2 car teams and it will be first in best dressed. I know bookings are a pain so we'd use the honour system. We have considered maybe 3 car teams depending on testing and feed back.

The 5 minute break is effectively a 5 minute safety car mid race. We call out to the leader to go to pits and everyone else follow when they are at pit entrance, to go park in the pit lane for 5 mins mid race so people can go to the loo and such. We wanted to force a 5 minute pit stop on all so it's fair to all. But again depending on feedback and if people are happy just to run a full 90 mins then we will be open to that. We would police the stop and if you didn't do it, we'd kick you.

Surely enough being all adults we can manage to do such stops based upon honour. It's meant to be fun, nothing serious, but nothing nasty either.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Ok, all good with the cars. I thought you were looking at bookings, so was a little worried there. I'm with you on the 20 people thing, but again, we get different people for different rounds, so the bookings was my concern. All good.

Ok, understood on the pits stop. So effectively it will bring everyone back together?

Yep, adults. It just cant be too complicated for them ;)
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The rest stop in the middle of the race is more to give people a chance to get up and move, toilet, drink and such. It will group up the classes again so a concern would be taking away someones advantage if they build up a lead.

What we want are races long enough that there's strategy in play, pit stops and over taking. LMP 1's earning their over takes on GT-3's. If we can kill blue flags, that would be great. This is where the rest stop may not work so it's still WIP.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Sounds like we're getting a solid understanding.

I get what you are saying about the different people for the diff weeks Norbs. I'd just run a list in the forum post for the series when people choose their cars. if someone new shows up, they can only pick from what is left. If we get over 20 in total cars picked, there are 24 pit boxes, so we can throw a few 3 car teams in if that happens.

Yes the 5 min pit stop will effectively put everyone back together and makes everyone take a long stop. It's what they do in WEC, each pitstop has a minimum length, but that's not something I can see if configurable on the server.

I'll jump on discord around half eight tonight, so we can confirm dates so we can make a full forum post on it all. Anyone who wants to chat about it can join in.

Box if you are available to that would be good, was thinking of using your server for this if that's amenable to you. The reason there is, would like to chuck a practice config up on a server and just leave it running so people can test or do whatever they want between races.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

I'm also considering satefy car options, just like we do in FNF sometimes, give it more of that enduro feel.
norbs

Post by norbs »

I am on discord all day too.

I am not shitting on the idea guys. Super happy to have more people involved in running the show. Lessens the load. Just offering some suggestions based on running things for a while.