[DR] Dirty Rally Comp.

Racing league forum for all different games.
Enforcer-J

Re: RE: Re: [DR] Dirty Rally Comp.

Post by Enforcer-J »

DexterPunk wrote:Awesome. Just to clarify, we definitely can quit the game after reaching a service area and come back to it the next day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That information can be found in the schedule https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/vie ... 918aee.jpg[/img]

Sent via a computational networked mobile device
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: [DR] Dirty Rally Comp.

Post by DexterPunk »

So that's a yes? lol sorry, I know I can repair my car, or change a setup. But I just want to be clear before I shut the computer down, come back to it the next day that it's not going to tell me I've retired or something.

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

It depends where the checkpoints are set as it won't neccessarily be set at the same time as a service area.
Usually thats how it will be setup however and the pic shows that its set at the same time.

I would enter the next stage after the service area (as it has a checkpoint then) and then quit out.

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Well, did my run for the week - seems I was the first, so I had no-one to race :(

Rolled it 4 times, pirouetted about 10 times, fun times, ehehe.

Ah; there's definitely some cheating going on here. I've lost my lights rolling the car on the 1st night stage. (by the way 4 night stages? Sadism!) Absolute-complete no-lights. Luckily these nights are not that dark.
But here's the funny bit; I had my lights back on the next stage - in full force. My team must have done some sneaky-fix.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Oh, I've almost forgot: I've been watching the numbering & speed & severity of the corners. In a lot of cases it makes zero sense. A kink in the road is called "left 4" (could take it over 120 very easily, could have taken it faster), then there's a call for 'left 4, left 4" and it's a single, long 100km/h left-hander U-turn. These calls are total bs in places, you just can't trust them. Also the time you have from the call to the hazard/corner is ranging from 4s-1s making it even less reliable. Lucky I can hardly follow what's being said, usually, if I'm a little tired or out of sorts, hehe. Today was a very good day in that regard.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

You can adjust the timing of the calls. I have it set earlier so I'm less likely to miss something. But yeah I agree it's a bit inconsistent. Sometimes it's perfect, other times I get a call for a corner ahead of a corner I'm about to take. Might tell me it's a left four, and I'm about to take a hairpin right.

Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Two low speed rolls, two spins and missing a turnoff while doing the speed of sound and I still beat GT on two stages.
No chance of catching him on most stages though and I'm stoked to better my last place with a decent result for once!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I was .011 from winning a stage, well at least that's what the game said. I lost over 30 seconds due to this damn flu I have. I started to cough in stage 1 and lost control but I couldn't stop coughing. But other than that I dug into a snow bank twice and the rest was clean.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

One staged I ran over a marshal, and the other I had a wierd glitch that threw me into the same picture mode as the menu's.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Almost missed my chance to set a time! Luckily made it with 25mins to spare. ;)
Bails MacKenzie

Yes, as we kick into the "heavy shit" part of the season, you join us as we relieve the golden days of post Group-B rallying, with Colin McRae's Group A Subaru on Sweet Lamb,
The wet dream of the 1990's rally enthusiast where the legendary McRae did something good in a Subie once.

6 Stages
Group A
https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/lea ... rse-champs

After a decent opening round with the 1980's cars crunching their way through Greece and Finland, the field was soon split apart at Finland, with GT Virus, Bails and Rono a minute clear of the rest of the pack after Rono and Bails did some hard-charging to make up for their opening round mishaps, now we're into the tight and fast forests of Wales where it's all hands on deck to chase down GT Virus before he walks away with the title.

The series is using the DiRT rally points format because it can.
1st- GT Virus 50
2nd- Rono190 25
=3rd- Dr Pain 22
=3rd- Bails 22
5th- Astr0 20
6th- En-Jay 18
7th- Dexter Punk 15
8th- OzMuppet 12
9th- Ysu 8
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Event 5, ffffuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Bails MacKenzie

GT VIRUS wrote:Event 5, ffffuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Event 5 is the big "Get F***ed" Event.
Going off interest after that point, there may be an "Event 6" but it'll be chickenfeed compared to Event 5.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Damn I missed the last one. I need these events to last like 2 weeks

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've set the bar pretty low, again, I believe. I was fast, but furious...hehe. Too many excursions as usual.

I'd also like to request a monday start to the next season, it's pretty darn boring to be the first on track all the time!
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Well that was crap... a million recoveries later and I finish with smoke pouring from the car.

I swear the navigator calls are bloody random. Sometimes they are really early, others they are soo late I don't have time to react, or they are just plain wrong. *sigh*
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

So I go from Group C, GT-1 and LMP 900 (Cars2) straight into this comp and did one shake down before I began. It felt slow after fanging around those other beasts but it was a million times more intense! :yikes: I need a hot cuppa and a lay down.
Bails MacKenzie

I lost 29 seconds through penalties, three spins, a rollover and I wrapped the car around one of those gates and banana'd it.
I've got a 10 second lead or so, but GT is just gonna walk this one home.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Slowly conquering my car sickness in Dirt Rally. First stage I thought I was going to throw up near the start but was good by the third stage.
Only a couple of woopsies probably costing 15 seconds overall... now to see what GT can do

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Fuck put the pressure on much? :P
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I fucked it up badly. Something about the Lancia was too twichy for me, and it visited several tree's on each stage. Gave up on stage 4 after about my 10th recovery.

The pacenotes did seem very late on this rally, and there were many don't cuts that weren't called right.
Enforcer-J

Re: RE: Re: [DR] Dirty Rally Comp.

Post by Enforcer-J »

GT VIRUS wrote:Fuck put the pressure on much? :P
I figured I needed to introduce some mind games :)

Successfully it seems lol

Bails MacKenzie

With Wales done and dusted for now, we move onto the least exciting part of the season, F2 Kit Cars on the icy roads of Monaco, sluggish, overpowered FWD hatches on wet roads, it's just like playing Top Gear Rally on the N64 again!
But we call it:

6 Stages
F2 Kitcar
https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/lea ... rse-champs

With E-Jay opening up a god-damned 2 minute lead and GT finding the undergrowth, Bails and Rono continued their points gathering frenzy, snapping up 2nd and 3rd while Ysu put the pace down to take 4th from Doc as Muppet capitalised on Dex not running again by extended his lead over last place by 3 points. Now we're into the tricky roads of Monte Carlo, with GT still holding on firmly to his lead with 3 points between 2nd and 4th outright.

The series is using the DiRT rally points format because it can.
1st- GT Virus 50
2nd- En-Jay 43
=3rd-Rono190 40
=3rd- Bails 40
5th- Dr Pain 32
6th- Astr0 28
7th- Ysu 20
8th- OzMuppet 18
9th- Dexter Punk 15
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

This combo sounds so shit that im excited to give it a go! I havent driven these cars before to be fair so I might be pleasantly surprised?

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

You might be. These were my favourite class of car back when I played Mobile 1 Rally Championship. I've had a few goes in them on tarmac but never at Monaco.