[DR] Dirty Rally Comp.

Racing league forum for all different games.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Re: [DR] Dirty Rally Comp.

Post by AstrO »

Muppet wrote:
AstrO wrote:Isn't a recovery 15 seconds? Or am I missing something???
It's variable depending on how boned you are.
Ok, well that's not a good sign :D
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Leading after the first stage :headbang:

Imploded for the rest :doh:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

One stage win and a crap load of recoveries... but at least I beat Dr Pain ;)
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

:rage:

It's meant to be 15 mins of fame not 5!
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Dr. Pain wrote::rage:

It's meant to be 15 mins of fame not 5!
Hey, you were still leading after stage 1, I was never in the lead :(
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Stage 1 winner, then so so so many resets after that lol
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Wales is run and done, with the "relaxing event" turning into a balls-out race, now we head into the last event, the monster stage at Germany in the Group B specials.
67km of Stages, which is a tiny real world rally, but a big slog for any DiRT event.
With our other events all being under 50km, this is the biggest event of the lot, a true test of man and machine, do you take a risk with the 037 Lancia, go for the safe option in the Mantra or pick one of the 4wd beasts, the heavy Audi, twitchy MG, Crazy Peugot or just plain diabolical RS200?
8 Stages
Group B 4WD and RWD
https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/lea ... rse-champs

A quick first stage saw the fastest time change with every run, with OzMuppet taking the fastest time at the end, before falling back in the field as the pace stepped up, Astr0 and Dr in the faster F2 cars were soon being left behind by GT and Bails and while Bails beached his car in the end of the last stage, GT took the chance to extend his lead even further going into the final round at Germany, leaving Astr0, Rono and Bails to fight over second, while En-Jay needs to score in the next round to defend 6th from Dr Pain.

The series is using the DiRT rally points format because it can.
1st- GT Virus 100
2nd- Astr0 73
3rd- Rono190 73
4th- Bails 70
5th- En-Jay 68
6th- Dr Pain 67
7th- OzMuppet 48
8th- Ysu 20
9th- Dexter Punk 15
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

The lancia was great fun, but the 4wd's would be 20secs a stage quicker.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

I think my average recoveries per stage was 2! And I used reverse gear a lot...

For some reason I didn't get the option to run a shakedown at the start, which really killed me for the first half of the rally. Took me ages to get up to speed and understand the roads of Germany.

Still had fun :)

PS Thought I had better run this event now as I may not have had the chance later (with our 2nd child due).
Bails MacKenzie

AstrO wrote:I think my average recoveries per stage was 2! And I used reverse gear a lot...

For some reason I didn't get the option to run a shakedown at the start, which really killed me for the first half of the rally. Took me ages to get up to speed and understand the roads of Germany.

Still had fun :)

PS Thought I had better run this event now as I may not have had the chance later (with our 2nd child due).
Well.
1. Congrats, hope you name the kid after Norbs.
2. Yeah, I must have not clicked the option for the first stage service, screwed myself over too, though I seem to have done alright out of it, only had 2 resets, two barrier hits and eight spins, mind you, the last reset was me missing that downhill 90-right and flying into the trees, if I'd hit anything before the reset I would have been dead.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

1. So something like Little Miss Dictator? (please don't ban me)

2. No problem, drove about as good as I normally would anyway. I remember going of at high speed a few times and getting away with it. A 5 not-so-right over a crest comes to mind.

One time I had a late call coming over a crest at high speed and was coming in way to fast, so decided to go between the bails and come back. But it was an instant recovery and 14 odd seconds.

Would have been great if the forced recovery wasn't so harsh at times. :(
Bails MacKenzie

Presenting: The outright results of the 2017 DiRT Champs season!

GT Virus- 1st
Rono190- 2nd
Astro- =3rd
Bails- =3rd
Dr Pain- 4th
En-Jay- 5th
OzMuppet- 6th
Ysu- 7th
Dexter-Punk- 8th

(I missed the Thursday results and have no idea of the times or cars driven for most people)

With an untouchable lead, GT stepped into the RWD 037 and still managed to set a decent time while Doc and Muppet were also there and posted some times of some description in some cars of some sort....
Well....

With Bails getting cocky about setting a good time on the Saturday in the MG, finding trouble at the same bastard crest that Astr0 found, Rono pulled a blistering run and took his first win of the season.
Rono won a single round, with GT taking 4 wins and En-Jay taking the other 2 but Rono's consistent finishes topped En-Jay who failed to compete in the last 3 rounds.

OzMuppet contested his first DiRT season this year and with a few fastest stage times and actually surviving Monte Carlo saw him take 6th overall with early inconsistency soon becoming respectable times and close finishes.

So that concludes the DiRT Rally Comp. for now, a load of car breaking events and tense moments brought about a thrilling season with plenty to keep all the drivers on their toes, It will be a few months before the racing resumes though, with a WRC season looking to be the next big event when I can find some time back home to plan it out, though I might just throw up some inbetween stuff to keep the homefires burning.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Good job Bails, thoroughly enjoyed doing this.
Rono190

Post by Rono190 »

Yea this was good fun...cheers
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Yay, equal 3rd :D

Shows that driving poorly can pay off.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Wish I would have got my act together for more than one event lol. I had a blast for the one event I did compete in.

At PAX this year there was a Ford Focus with the guts ripped out and a motion platform , and some super high end sim hardware installed along with an Oculus. It was running DiRT Rally so I decided I really had to give it a go on such a sweet setup. I lined up for about an hour before I got my chance to drive. Meanwhile my mate decided he’d inform one of the Intel guys that I was going to kill it, and to ‘watch this guy’. Not really something you want someone saying when you have no idea how the hardware is setup. In fact I had very little confidence that I’d be able to drive the thing properly at all considering how much time I spend getting everything to feel right on my gear. Most of the people jumping in had a bloke next to them in the passenger seat changing gears for them, so I wasn’t even sure if there was some issue with using them yourself. Most guys seemed to be slamming straight into trees and by the amount of wheel work, I thought the degrees of rotation must have been set really high. Eventually it was my turn to have a crack, and the block next to me talked me though a couple of things. I asked if it was ok if I changed my own gears, and inquired as to weather the purpose built freaking awesome handbrake worked. He said, ‘yeah but you won’t need that’ and told me I’d have too many things going on and to think about to bother with the handbrake. I didn’t want to be cocky so I just said ‘oh ok, I’ll see how I go’. Then he warned me again that it’s not a good idea and I’d just spin out. I thought it was a bit odd since it’s just a sim anyway... does it really matter? Everyone else was flying off the track. I kind of just said ‘yeah cool’ and though I’d use it anyway. To be honest, the hardest thing I had to cope with was knowing that I was going to try pulling the flappy paddles instinctively for the handbrake, as that’s how it’s setup at home.

Anyway, he must have known pretty quickly that I was going to ignore all of his advise and immediately held the handbrake in while it was in first gear during the 3, 2, 1 at the start of the stage. I took off and tried to drive conservatively until I’d got an understanding of the wheel, pedals and sequential shifter. I quickly discovered that it was set up just perfectly. In no time I was driving one handed and while sliding around corners with the handbrake and flying through the gears. It was such an awesome setup. If I’m honest, the motion platform was actually annoying. I’m sure you’d learn to enjoy it, but the issue was that the wheel, pedals, gears, and even oculus sensor etc were all static and not mounted to the platform. So it all just felt like it was getting in the way rather than adding to immersion. I started to build on my speed, and had a few hairy moments that I managed to save. It was a fairly short stage but got to the end unscathed. My heart was actually racing knowing that after my mate was talking me up I’d better do a decent job. After I took off the headset, the guy beside me said ‘well you’re the only one to make the end.’ Apparently they usually stop people after around 3 mins of crashing, but let me go as I was doing well and apparently entertaining a bit of a crowed outside the car.

To be honest it wasn’t a great run and it was full of all kinds of mistakes. I mostly forgot to listen to the co driver as well so some awkward corners etc. overall though it was a real buzz getting a go in some serious equipment and felt kinda good to show off a little doing something I’ve done for years. Albeit in front of a lot of non sim racers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Wasn't sure where to put this but here seemed appropriate as it's too good not to be seen.

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

But this is a Dirt Rally comp thread. :smackbum:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Ah crap, I thought I was in the Dirt Rally game thread... Gives self :rolleyes:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Bails MacKenzie

Righto Boys!
ARSE CHAMPS IS BACK!

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/lea ... rse-champs

This is going to act as a feeder series to our WRC series which is coming once these few rounds are done.
There will be 4 events total before our WRC series but since points are not counted, the focus is getting to grips with some faster cars.
As such, here are the first two events:

Event 1: "Return of the Kits"
Kit Cars in Wales, two short stages, one long, two short, all stages have service and tuning, all stages have stage retry on.
7/4/18 - 14/4/18
Event 2: "Climb Dance"
Classic Hillclimb cars at Pikes Peak, 3 short stages, one full run at the hill, all stages have service and tuning, no stage retry.
14/4/18 - 21/4/18
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

What prog will you use for wrc? Might buy it - if humble sale is on, still :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Bails MacKenzie

ysu wrote:What prog will you use for wrc? Might buy it - if humble sale is on, still :)
DiRT Rally
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Bails MacKenzie wrote:
ysu wrote:What prog will you use for wrc? Might buy it - if humble sale is on, still :)
DiRT Rally
Ah ok. I don' t know why, but I thought you wanted to use something else. :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Fuck me, pikes peak is hard work, but spectacular.

Just got the full course run to go.
Bails MacKenzie

Putting the feelers out, I'm thinking about having one last Dirt Champs in DR 1, just a general run-through of the stages in some 90's-00's cars
Anyone interested?