Spare a thought for the admins.

Racing league forum for all different games.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Spare a thought for the admins.

Post by norbs »

Gents, I know everyone loves to wind me up on Friday nights with the age old "Longford" and other well worn favourites, but lately, and especially last night, the complaining got out of hand. This on a night that I wasn't in charge, so basically you were all shitting on Boxhead.

I know that PC2 is full of bugs, but you only have to listen to the laughter, when people arent bitching, to know it is still a load of fun. Also, we are still getting our heads around the server stuff for PC2. It isnt like AC that we know backwards now. it will take time.

So please, before screaming out restart, safety car, this game sucks, fucking stupid game, etc etc, take a breath. Firstly, you cant restart PC2 as far as we know. It would be like saying you want rain and night in AC. Impossible.

And it would be good if you are having issues, you try and sort them out before a FNF or league night. There are plenty of people willing to help. Just ask. I am happy to jump into Discord on other nights to try and iron out issues.

Thanks for reading and thanks to Box for all his work on the PC2 server.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Re: Spare a thought for the admins.

Post by Dr. Pain »

As some of us found out last night, it could be worse and be me running the show! :rofl:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Apologies to Box if he felt any blame for or the issues with PC2 or if its failings were directed his way certainly not how I felt about it and thanks for running the show!

As for some one who was bitterly disappointed the the PC1 experience if PC2 can sort the bugs quickly it has super potential for fun and so far I am really enjoying it (except for being punted off in every race last night).
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Might also be worth remembering what an absolute shit show Assetto Corsa MP was when it first launched, with that server booking crap. What we currently have in PC2 is a lot better than that.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Well said, sorry if I said anything stupid, which I probably did towards the end of the night.

Im just happy we still have this place and you blokes putting on a show every week so I dont have to pay thu the ARSE for iRacing.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

If you guys feel a little unloved then maybe an idea is to let us non admins have a go at setting parameters in Cars 2 on FNF. So if the server is always there and not being used for an event, how bout we jump in from time to time, have a play setting something up and learn. Then come FNF with the first in best dressed server admin stuff, whoever gets it has a couple of races to run the show. Under some guidance of course and we take it serious. That way Box can relax somewhat and offer some guidance if asked for, and Norbs can hang shit on admin.

We should all have a go and take it serious but not do crazy car combo's like La Ferrari's on ice ect... That way when enough of us know what we are doing, current admin get a night off, so to speak.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I do like the idea of having rotating admins. Pick your combo and start the session. After the race you drop out and whoever gets admin next picks their combo. A sort of anarcho-syndicalist commune, where we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the race. But all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting. By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more...

Once the sessions are configured it's not hard to change car/track. Or to pass you run the same again. People might have to think twice about making snoring noises etc because it could be their turn to admin next :)

Sticking with one combo, or at least the one track, tends to produce better racing. But doing rotating admin format from time to time could give more variety and a chance to find things we might not expect to enjoy, like classic Indycar racing :)
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

DarrenM wrote:Sticking with one combo, or at least the one track, tends to produce better racing. But doing rotating admin format from time to time could give more variety and a chance to find things we might not expect to enjoy, like classic Indycar racing :)
Or the disappearing track race? (anyone uploaded that to the PC forum yet?)
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Maybe just learning from what is fun from previous Friday Nights and not constantly changing track/car combo every single race.

I personally find it a snore that we spend 20 mins deciding on the next 5 min race.

It's like we are trying to explore all the content available to us in PCars2 in the shortest possible time.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

TIWWCHNT
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Muppet wrote:Maybe just learning from what is fun from previous Friday Nights and not constantly changing track/car combo every single race.

I personally find it a snore that we spend 20 mins deciding on the next 5 min race.

It's like we are trying to explore all the content available to us in PCars2 in the shortest possible time.

This is a fair point, and I take the blame for not setting the night up. We didnt swap every race, only when we found the combo terrible.

However, listening to you whinge non stop for 3 hours isnt exactly my idea of fun either. If you arent enjoying it, leave. I personally find it a fucking insult to have people snoring in the Discord channel when everyone is trying to enjoy themselves.

You obviously had a fucking bucket of sand up your mangina the other night so why continue if you have had enough?

FNF has been running a long time, but I am seriously thinking of giving it a miss this week.
slow069

Post by slow069 »

Dr. Pain wrote:If you guys feel a little unloved then maybe an idea is to let us non admins have a go at setting parameters in Cars 2 on FNF. So if the server is always there and not being used for an event, how bout we jump in from time to time, have a play setting something up and learn. Then come FNF with the first in best dressed server admin stuff, whoever gets it has a couple of races to run the show. Under some guidance of course and we take it serious. That way Box can relax somewhat and offer some guidance if asked for, and Norbs can hang shit on admin.

We should all have a go and take it serious but not do crazy car combo's like La Ferrari's on ice ect... That way when enough of us know what we are doing, current admin get a night off, so to speak.

I don't think for once an admin felt unloved

and knowing Norbs I am sure he is welcome to any suggestions for an FNF night at any time cause I know sometimes its hard for him or who ever is setting up the server to think of fresh combos to keep us all coming back on a Friday night

Last Friday was a night that was meant to be used to try peoples suggestions on a new game, no format thats why Box was asking what car what track next

its not the combos that annoys people its the fact that some people ( I won't mention names MUPPET) spent most of the time BITCHING about the combo or the car or the game

My attitude on this is FNF stands for FRIDAY NIGHT FUN
If you arent having FUN and you can't sit in a server and try to make out you are enjoying yourself without bitching continously on the Discord channel about somthing then I suggest go to the Beer fridge get a coldy and go watch tv or something

it was FUCKing annoying listening to the constant bitching, well a majority of the server was laughing and having fun

also on a side note if people are having trouble setting a game up like PC2 there are people on this forum that can help I am sure everyone knows all of us will help each other when asked
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999095303]Image[/url]
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Right, so why not name this forum for what it is, go fuck yourself Muppet!

You're right, I haven't been enjoying myself, being constantly fucking nailed week in week out because I'm slower than some people and they just figure it's just Muppet so it doesn't matter if we hit him has been getting on my fucking nerves. And even when I try and stay out of people's way, I get fucked over anyway, so yeah, I've been bitchy, that's on me.

I'm not around this Friday night anyway, so go for your lives and enjoy yourselves, but don't go blaming me for everything, maybe a little respect goes both ways.

I'll run the last Enduro the following week and then if you don't want me around, I'll go fuck off to my little corner.
Boxhead

Post by Boxhead »

OK quickly, I didn’t notice this as much as my co admin but I did notice, I don’t want anyone to leave, Friday is meant to be fun and side by side racing is part of the fun, which means you need to give your co racers room but someone is always going to be taken out, that’s why we have short races. Its fine with me if others admin. However I think we need to plan our night same as we do in AC. Yes up till now we have just been exploring the content. So make some combo suggestions if you want and we will try a more structured approach

Boxie box box.
~AR~ Boxhead
My head, check it out, its a box
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I've taken breaks from FNF in the past because I was getting hit too much to enjoy it, so you're not uniquely hard done by in that regard Muppet. Everyone is getting hit. It's more a product of jumping straight into races in unfamiliar cars at unfamiliar tracks than relative pace.

That's why I said earlier that sticking with one combo leads to better racing. Takes a couple races for people to get comfortable and learn the braking points. Having a short practice session between races seems to help as well.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Good points Darren.

Expect a long winded search Friday night. I will record it for you Muppet.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Muppet wrote:
You're right, I haven't been enjoying myself, being constantly fucking nailed week in week out because I'm slower than some people
How dare you try and steal my thunder Muppet......it is very well known that Hutchy snr is usually the slowest and be it either FNF or a league race, I have the record hands down for being punted off the track the most amount of times :prod: :D
Last edited by hutchy on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Sorry Hutchy :driver:
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

hutchy wrote: How dare you try and steal my thunder Muppet......it is very well known that Hutchy snr is usually the slowest and be it either FNF or a league race, I have the record hands down for being punted off the track the most amount of times :prod: :D
Haven't you noticed yourself being hit less now their is another target? :lol: :shake: :nod: :kangaroo: :kangaroo:
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Muppet wrote:
hutchy wrote: How dare you try and steal my thunder Muppet......it is very well known that Hutchy snr is usually the slowest and be it either FNF or a league race, I have the record hands down for being punted off the track the most amount of times :prod: :D
Haven't you noticed yourself being hit less now their is another target? :lol: :shake: :nod: :kangaroo: :kangaroo:
:rofl: no not on Friday I didn't :p
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

A moaning n bitchin thread with sticky status!! Schweet, I'll have a go!!

Slow, you grumpy ole c**t.
You turn up once a month and are about as much fun as a period. Anytime you're racing near me, I'm punted so no fun there. Now you've got in Norbs ear, complaining that 'they don't respect ma authority!!'. Last time I checked, this a social gang, where respect is earned, not given. Norbs has it, you don't. I'd take 5 Muppets over Slow any day, at least he gets involved.

Oh, and I agree with Darren's points.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Oh jesus!

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Here:
http://vagisil.com/en-au/

It's for irritated c*nts.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Boxhead

Post by Boxhead »

Cursed wrote:Here:
http://vagisil.com/en-au/