C.A.R.S.

Maybe the next Assetto Corsa. Maybe not.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: C.A.R.S.

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios continues improving their Project CARS title by rolling out Patch 7.0 for the PC version.
When SMS announced to have already started work on the sequel of the successful racing game, many community members expressed their concerns that this would have negative consequences for the future development of the original Project Cars release.
Today, SMS once more proves that this is not the case, releasing the seventh update for the WMD-powered racing game. At the time of writing there is no patch release date communicated for the console versions of the game, but as usual, a patch will become available soon.
Check out the release notes below for more details.

PC Patch 7.0 – Release Notes
Physics & Tyres
Neutralized the top speed advantage of running zero camber on many tires.
Reduced flash layer temperature cap for GT3/LMP and other slick tires to make them less prone to overheating.
Classic Lotus cars: Disabled patch-to-hub on several tyre carcass models as it was creating a strong low-speed FFB buzz.

Controls
Update to latest Fanatec SDK

Career
Corrected the German name for the LMP3 UK Semi-Pro Championship

Tracks
Rouen Short – Reworked the AI paths around the hairpin area to try and keep the historic cars from running up the hill on exit when in tight packs.

Vehicles
Repositioned the cockpit camera view to a proper center point for a number of vehicles that were reported to be incorrectly positioned.

Audio
Lotus 40 and 49 – Rebalanced the AI vehicle volume.

Render
Antialiasing mode DS2M fixed for AMD GPUs.

UDP streaming support
Fixed a bug where the streaming rate option in the GUI was not working correctly. The option is enabled via the ‘Game play’ menu ‘UDP mode’. This can be selected between off and 1-9. The number represents the UDP streaming data rate as follows:
UDP off
UDP 1 60/sec (16ms)
UDP 2 50/sec (20ms)
UDP 3 40/sec (25ms)
UDP 4 30/sec (32ms)
UDP 5 20/sec (50ms)
UDP 6 15/sec (66ms)
UDP 7 10/sec (100ms)
UDP 8 05/sec (200ms)
UDP 9 01/sec (1000ms)
The stream is sent to a broadcast address (255.255.255.255) on port 5606.

Oculus Rift
All UI screens are now correctly mirrored on the main monitor.
The following entries refer to fields in the OculusSettings.xml file located in your Documents/Project CARS folder. This file is auto-generated the first time you run the game with the headset active.

VSync – “false” will ignore any user setting and use the code default (currently set to off). “true” will use whatever vsync is set to in the “graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml” file in your Documents/Project CARS folder.

ResetVR – Changed automatic camera position reset at race start to be user controlled, providing 4 options:

0 – Always use Oculus system default position
1 – Reset view once at boot-up only
2 – Reset at start of race, but only once per execution of the game
4 – Reset at start of every race (supersedes case above)
These values can be combined by adding up, for example:
3 – Reset at boot and at start of the first race

NearZ – Overrides the game’s default NearZ value for player cameras (0.1). This value determines how close to the camera the 3D world will stop drawing. Setting this override to a value less than the default will allow for less clipping of objects close to the camera. Too low values may cause some texture flickering on objects in the game world. Try values around 0.05 as a starting point. Setting it to 0 will use the default game value.
GForce – Overrides the Camera Movement value that simulates G-force effects on the player’s head. Valid range is 0-1. Setting it to -1 will use the value set in the game options.
WorldMovement – Overrides the Camera Movement value that controls how the visible movement is balanced between the world vs the car. Valid range is 0-100. Setting it to -1 will use the value set in the game options.
ExposureFOV – This field allows you to control the FOV that’s used to calculate the HDR exposure. This is very useful for closed-cockpit cars where the default VR FOV of 120 typically causes the outside view to be extremely bright. Setting it to 0 will use the default FOV.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I've picked this up for the xbox one, I know it's not the same as having wheel n pedals on the pc but whilst I build a rig I thought I would see if I like this. I have been a forza nerd for the past few years, even holding a world record at bathurst in A class on Forza 5 for a majority of the last half of 2014.

It will be interesting to see how the setups go with the controller.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

This is a different beast and I have just been humbled in the first hour of practice. I tip my hats to you gents who are playing in the big leagues. I am looking forward to getting a wheel and pedals again, but it will be a long while until I am competitive, if at all if the first sessions are anything to go by. I never raced a Kart before and these are wild, I am sure my technique is horrible if I was to be critiqued.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

After finding FFB settings that I really like, I can't imagine driving this on a controller
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

$2.99 USD for the latest Renault DLC.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Digging the Group 6 Renault especially at the old tracks like Silverstone. It's got some go. Formula Renault 3.5 is good too :)

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

If I can ever work out why pCars dumps me from multiplayer races after 3-5 minutes, I might buy some of the DLC I haven't picked up yet.
pab

Post by pab »

So, I got this for Christmas, working on getting it running now. My first issue is getting it running in the Rift. I can run it on my screens fine, but if I try to navigate the menus using the mouse, when I click anywhere on the screen it minimises the game. I can only navigate using the keyboard, is this the same for everyone, or is it just me? I'm having trouble getting to the options menu (I assume it's the icon in the top right), I can't figure out how to open it using the kayboard. Any help appreciated.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
gratulin

Re: RE: Re: C.A.R.S.

Post by gratulin »

pab wrote:So, I got this for Christmas, working on getting it running now. My first issue is getting it running in the Rift. I can run it on my screens fine, but if I try to navigate the menus using the mouse, when I click anywhere on the screen it minimises the game. I can only navigate using the keyboard, is this the same for everyone, or is it just me? I'm having trouble getting to the options menu (I assume it's the icon in the top right), I can't figure out how to open it using the kayboard. Any help appreciated.
You can navigate menus with the dpad on your gear shift. The button jystvabove is the select key.

Are you running the rift in direct mode? It has to be I think.

Do you have latest drivers for Win 10 for Oculus?

Just some thoughts that may help. I have it working in Win 10. I mirror the menus to my main monitor which helps.
pab

Re: RE: Re: C.A.R.S.

Post by pab »

Thanks for the response.
gratulin wrote:
pab wrote:So, I got this for Christmas, working on getting it running now. My first issue is getting it running in the Rift. I can run it on my screens fine, but if I try to navigate the menus using the mouse, when I click anywhere on the screen it minimises the game. I can only navigate using the keyboard, is this the same for everyone, or is it just me? I'm having trouble getting to the options menu (I assume it's the icon in the top right), I can't figure out how to open it using the kayboard. Any help appreciated.
You can navigate menus with the dpad on your gear shift. The button jystvabove is the select key.
My wheel doesn't have a dpad, I've figured out some of the navigation by randomly pressing keys on the keyboard, it's hard work with the rift on through (lifting it up and down to see the keys, then the screen). I solved the minimization issue by switching to windowed mode (once I figured out the keys needed to access that menu) but then I found out that the mouse cursor isn't visible in the Rift, so it's keyboard only for me to navigate the menus.
gratulin wrote:Are you running the rift in direct mode? It has to be I think.
Yes, I've managed to get it working in the Rift, as it needs runtime 0.7 (whichI needed to upgarde to, now when I want to run iRacing again though I'll need to revert to 0.5.0.1 each time) direct mode is the only option (extended mode was removed in 0.7).
gratulin wrote:Do you have latest drivers for Win 10 for Oculus?
I'm running W7.
gratulin wrote:Just some thoughts that may help. I have it working in Win 10. I mirror the menus to my main monitor which helps.
My monitors (3) don't support the same resolution as the Rift, so that's not an option, plus I'd have to climb out of my cockpit each time I needed to use the menu, which is a hassle. I have it all working now, but would love a simpler system for navigating the menus.
PB
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Pab this little app makes like easy to switch

pab

Post by pab »

GT VIRUS wrote:Pab this little app makes like easy to switch

Yeah, thanks for that, got it working now :)
PB
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios’ Project CARS is currently on sale, selling for USD$27.99 on STEAM which is 60% off!!!
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:Slightly Mad Studios’ Project CARS is currently on sale, selling for USD$27.99 on STEAM which is 60% off!!!

For an extra dollar or 2, please consider using CDKeys http://cdkeys.com/?mw_aref=arseforums&a_bid=672b3ae1

and we get a dollar to help with server costs.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios have kicked off 2016 by releasing two brand new teasers of upcoming DLC content on the title’s Instagram page.
The teasers give us a first look at the 2013 Ford Falcon FG touring car of Australian V8 Supercars fame, an often-requested addition to the WMD-powered title.
The second shot shows the rear end of what looks to be a race-prepped BMW, the details of which are not clear yet.
ImageImage
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios have published a new video trailer teasing us with some footage of the first Project CARS content pack to appear in 2016.
In the video, we can see the race prepped BMW 2002 and BMW 1M in action at what looks to be the fictional historic Bannochbrae track located in the Scottish highlands.
We can expect the new DLC to become available somewhere during January.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios is getting ready to release the next DLC pack for the community assisted racing game Project CARS.

The Stanceworks Track Expansion will bring you the brand new Bannochbrae road course that is set in the rolling Scottish highlands. Besides the track, the pack will also feature four new cars for you to race. Furthermore, it will introduce Drifting as a Project CARS discipline. As a monthly free car, the Ford Falcon FG V8 Supercar will be made available free of charge for all Project CARS owners.

One of the most eye-catching cars in the Stanceworks pack will be Mad Mike Whiddett‘s RADBUL Mazda Miata. Mike is a professional Drift Driver from New Zealand competing in a flame-spitting twin­turbo, 1,500hp horsepower Mazda MX-5 that is purpose build for the Formula DRIFT series.

Stanceworks Track Expansion:
Bannochbrae Road Course
KTM X-Bow R
Mazda MX-5 RADBUL Formula Drift car
BMW 1-Series M-Coupe (Race modified)
BMW 2002 (Race modified)
Ford Falcon FG V8 Supercar ( Free Car)
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The Mazda looks mad! :vibes:

Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

When Hairdressers go bad....
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Cutter wrote:When Hairdressers go wild!
:D

Hopefully sacked Stig did some time in the Falcon and gave his feedback.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Wonder if it'll actually slide ingame

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Typical fucking teenager! Just bumming around playing games... :D
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i like the motion seat, that's pretty cool. Not quite as cool as Flintys Michael J Fox mod though.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios has released Patch 8.0 for Project CARS on the PlayStation 4 and PC. As usual, the Xbox One version of the patch will follow soon.
This new update contains a handful of bug fixes and physics adjustments. Furthermore, the 8.0 patch also brings support for the latest Oculus (SDK 0.8) Runtime.

Slightly Mad Studios announced that this will be the last Project CARS update before the official release of the Oculus Rift retail version (March 28). The Project CARS development team is already working with the upcoming new version 1.0 of the Oculus SDK, but cannot implement its features until Oculus officially launches the runtime publicly.

Update 8.0 Changelog
Vehicles
• McLaren F1 GTR – adjusted cockpit exposure, fixed visual clipping issues.
• Radical RXC Turbo – Fixed typo in the statistics file. Ehe engine now correctly displays as V6 not V8, Fixed asymmetry typo in default setup spring rates.
• Lotus 51 – Fixed a typo giving 100 steps to rear fast rebound damper settings instead of 10. Default values were unaffected.
• Renault Megane RS265 – Fixed typo causing asymmetry in default setup springs.
• KTM X-Bow – Fixed clipping on the roof camera.

Tracks
• Cadwell Park – Fixed an issue where cars while on the main straight would hit the pit wall at a certain spot and be disqualified.
• Ruapuna all layouts – updated the position of the pit exit trigger so it’s after the start line trigger. Full optimisation pass is done on all the layouts to improve performance.

Physics, Tires and Setups
• Further adjustment of heating on under-inflated tires where it was reduced as part of the discontinuity fix.
• Fixed issues with players not being able to save setups to DLC tracks, if they started their profile with older versions of the game.

Controllers
• Fixed OSW / DIY sim wheel driver crash in PID.DLL.

GUI
• DLC cars and tracks will now remain selected between game sessions.
• Fixed a bug where some tracks with forced rolling starts was locking out the rolling start option after moving to a different track.

UDP
• Extended joypad and Dpad bitfields to include some extra buttons on steering wheels. Added ‘same class as player’ flag in participant info mSector field. Fixed a couple of issues with packet types 1/2 not sending at the correct rate.

Render
• Fixed the bloom not working correctly on any MSAA mode on PC.

Oculus Rift
• Updated to Oculus SDK 0.8 SDK
Dukester