C.A.R.S.

Maybe the next Assetto Corsa. Maybe not.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: C.A.R.S.

Post by Duke »

Funny, I thought he already was...
Slightly Mad Studios have announced another high-profile addition to their stable of real-life racing aces as Rene Rast joins the studio as Project CARS physics & handling consultant.

The German sports car ace joins fellow race car drivers Nicolas Hamilton & Ben Collins in their quest to help ensure a maximum realism within the Project CARS franchise, working closely with both the development team and the World of Mass Development community on future Project CARS titles.

An official Audi works driver, Rene Rast has made major strides in sports car racing in recent years, scoring overall wins at the Nürburgring 24 Hours, the Spa Francorchamps 24 Hours as well as a class win at the Daytona 24 Hours.

Rast also raced as part of Audi’s LMP1 squad at Le Mans last year where he’s currently busy on LMP2 class duty. To introduce Rene to the Project CARS crowd, the studio has released part one of a very well-written interview piece with Rene who tells his story on how he made it from karting to the biggest stages of the sport.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

So inspired by Le Mans I gave a 2014 Toyota hybrid a run. 6th gear through Porsche curves is crazy. I was seeing horse power numbers of 980 when I had full charge. But I have 8 seconds per lap to find to match the real lap times

Also tried a 5 lap race in a 2009 Aston Martin LMP 1, 5 laps in the rain! Got 3rd but sweat was pissing out of me and now I have a headache. I'm too old for that shit! :fall:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

$20.97 USD on steam till July 5th.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

:wow:
Slightly Mad Studios’ WMD-powered Project CARS title has hit another major milestone as two million copies have been sold around the world.

After hitting the one million mark just weeks after the initial release, Project CARS has remained a strong seller ever since, helped by the studio’s comprehensive DLC & game update prorgramme, the game’s eSports activities and extensive support for both the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive virtual reality headsets.

Funded by the studios’ innovative World of Mass Development portal that was launched in October 2011, Project CARS has been shaped by a loyal community that continues to participate in the sales returns of the game to this very day.

Ian Bell, CEO at Slightly Mad Studios, said: “The multi-million sales of Project CARS validates not only our revolutionary racing simulation, but also our unique World of Mass Development platform. From the onset, we believed that our groundbreaking way of funding games, alongside our commitment to working with our customers and listening to what they wanted from a racing simulation, would push us in the right direction.”

Stephen Viljoen, Project CARS Game Director, said: “We’re really proud of what we have created with Project CARS. Two million sales shows that there will always be a place for games made with passion and craftsmanship. This gives all of us working hard every day on the Project CARS franchise an adrenaline boost as we strive to keep creating the games and features our fans want.”
Dukester

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

They keep sending me money on PayPal, so it must be doing OK.

* Just had a look.. 61 Euro has been paid to me in total so far. Currently works out at 86 AUD. I'm pretty sure I haven't spent more than that on it.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm in front now. After buying the game and all the content, the last payment just put me in front by a few cents. I am still annoyed I didn't get the game for free, which was in the contract I signed up too. That's the main reason why I didn't buy into Pcars 2.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios and Pagani Automobili have released a special free edition of the Project CARS title.

The PC-only free2play "Project CARS - Pagani Edition" is built around the popular Project CARS racing simulation and features five car models including the Pagani Huayra, Huayra BC, Zonda Cinque, Zonda R, and Zonda Revolucion. You also need some tracks to drive them on, so Slightly Mad Studios included the stunning Nürburgring Nordschleife combo, Monza GP circuit, and the massive Azure Coast road trip.

You can select two game modes being Quick Race Weekend and Time Trial. Furthermore, this free download also features full VR support on both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive and can be run on both 4K screens and traditional displays.
Dukester

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

We called that a Demo version back in the day.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios have released a new patch for the PC version of their WMD-powered Project CARS title.
Patch 11.2 beefs up the title’s already comprehensive support for virtual reality devices even further by introducing super sampling for an even more immersive VR experience.

"What does this do? – It provides a way to scale up the resolution of the image rendered by the game, so that when it is displayed on the VR HMD, it appears clearer, with less shimmer and aliasing artifacts
How do I do this? – Look in this folder: \Users\<current user>\Documents\Project CARS\
Depending on the HMD you’re using…
Oculus Rift, edit: oculussettings.xml
HTC Vive, edit: openvrsettings.xml

Look for a line called
"<prop name="ResScale" data="1" />"

Change the number after ‘data=’ to whatever you want to set your super sampling to. Higher numbers will increase the resolution, while lowering the number will decrease the resolution. We recommend starting with a value around 1.5 and experimenting with it from there. How much you can push this will depend on your GPU."
Dukester

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Another 11 Euro in the bank from Slightly Mad today.

It's the gift that keeps on giving this one.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Same, 8 quid for me.
Always suprises me.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Ka-ching! :vibes:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

21 euro for me this time.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I got my 21 E a few days ago. :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I tried playing this today and I say "tried!". The fucker will not pick up on my G-25 and I can't find anything anywhere to help solve it. It's not a driver as I jumped into AMS, AC and Dirt Rally and they were fine. I've never had this issue and it has been a while since I played but nothing I try will make it love my G-25.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Free Project CARS For Xbox Live Gold Members

Each month for a limited time, Microsoft makes two games available free of charge for Xbox Live Gold members. They have now officially announced that February’s offer will include the Digital Edition of Slightly Mad Studios’ Project CARS. The digital edition of Project CARS includes the Limited Edition upgrade DLC pack.
So if you are an Xbox One Gold member, and you fancy driving Slightly Mad Studios racing simulator, make sure to write down the following dates. Project cars will be free to download from February 16th to March 15th.
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Still getting money for this, another 15 euro today :rara:
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Dr. Pain wrote:Still getting money for this, another 15 euro today :rara:
Jesus H Christ doc, not only do my taxes pay your wages each week, now my purchases of entertainment do as well. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

You should buy this game Muppet, it's really good. :D
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Dr. Pain wrote:You should buy this game Muppet, it's really good. :D
I got given a key for it, so technically I do own it now!

Bastard, stop jewing off me lol