Project CARS 2

Maybe the next Assetto Corsa. Maybe not.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Project CARS 2

Post by wobblysauce »

http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/project-cars-2/

After the issues with No.1 .. wonder if they have fixed the issues for the No.2 game.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Project CARS 2

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios have announced that race car driver Nicolas Hamilton has rejoined the studio to serve as Handling Consultant on Project CARS 2.
Hamilton will continue to share extensive feedback during the title’s development, both with Slightly Mad Studios’ development staff and the members in the World of Mass Development forums.
“I am mega excited to be to be a part of the Development Team at Slightly Mad Studios for Project CARS 2,“ Hamilton commented.

“When I first joined SMS back in 2012, it was an absolute dream come true to work on Project CARS 1, which was a great success and an amazing experience for me. To be a part another fantastic project yet again is just something I always dreamed of and I hope we, as a team, can deliver another fantastic product.”
Despite being born with Cerebral Palsy, Hamilton has made an impressive career in racing, moving up through the ranks of the British Renault Clio Cup Series as well as the European Touring Car Cup to become the first ever disabled driver to compete in the world-famous British Touring Car Championship this year!
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

It is no secret that Slightly Mad Studios are working on the sequel of their Project CARS title for the PC and current-gen consoles. However, the British developer has kept all info regarding the work on Project CARS 2 very quiet. Also on the media front, only a handful of preview screens were revealed since the start of the development.

Now the Polish Simrace.pl website has leaked a batch of in-game WIP version Project CARS 2 screenshots giving us an insite of things to come from behind the walls of the SMS stronghold.

Recently, Slightly Mad Studios CEO Ian Bell confirmed that the game development now reached its Quality Assurance Process stage and that it would take a minimum of seven months to iron out the known bugs and make sure the game is of a quality that is ready for release. That would make it September at the earliest. Taking into account that most titles under development overun there initial release date estimate, it is probable to suggest that we are looking at a release date closer to the end of 2017.

Project CARS 2 will eventually become available for the PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Steam OS.

Game Features:
Building upon the huge success of Project CARS being one of the highest-rated and fastest-selling racing games of this generation, Project CARS 2 continues to expand and dominate with…
THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER – 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including ‘loose surface racing’ on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
CO-OP CAREER – Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED – Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
PRO ESPORTS RACING – Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Seasons, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
YOUR HOME FOR RACING – Your own personal, customizable Test Track to tune and test your cars. Invite others to showcase your passion for racing and learn race craft and engineering with the Project CARS Academy
Dukester

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

There are obvious glitch's even in the promo screens, speaks volumes for the quality control on display.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

GT VIRUS wrote:There are obvious glitch's even in the promo screens, speaks volumes for the quality control on display.
Care to point them out as I didn't look at the screenshots to closely & cbf doing so now? lol
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

The green Subaru wheels and tyres?

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

norbs wrote:The green Subaru wheels and tyres?
It's even more glitched than I thought if that's a subaru!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Project CARS’ successor will be featuring a driver rating system to help filter different players by their abilities in online races.
As stated by Slightly Mad Studios CEO Ian Bell, the ratings-based system will allow you to “choose the ‘quality’ of the people you prefer racing with/against.” No additional details have been given about how the system will work exactly, but more will surely be coming later on, if the game is expected “around Septemberish.”
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

New teasers posted on Slightly Mad's twitter;

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

On the gtplanet.net Forums, Ian Bell, CEO at Slightly Mad Studios responded to a few interesting questions by the community. Ian’s answers provided us with some new insider info. Below is a list of answers that might be of interest.

- Every new track we’ve added is laser scanned (or our new trick drone scanning method). We’re also scanning some of the old tracks that weren’t previously scanned. I don’t have the list to hand but the Nordschleife is now fully scanned (as is the Nurburgring GP circuit).
- Yes, a drone-based ‘photo scanning’ aerial photogrammetry system.
- You’re correct. The difference really is imperceptible because we always abstract the point cloud anyway. The little vaunted additional benefits that drones provide are variable height scanning (which gets us much more detail on the off-track terrain) and the ability to place the drone at known camera points to capture more detail there.
- We’re still working on multiplayer features. I have 10 full time dedicated multiplayer coding staff on the project now and we’re working very hard to deliver all that we want to deliver. That delivery list is VERY long though and at some point very soon we have to stop new feature work and move to bug fixing and polish. So I can’t say for sure yet sorry. Our main focus has been on improving the ‘acuity’ of the online experience; on dealing properly with griefing (wreckers) and dealing more efficiently with those suffering temporary connection issues.
- I can’t give specifics (man those car companies are strict these days!) but we have things that we didn’t have before from your list that will make you happy.
I’d love to do a new GTR as it was so focused but we need to be more broad these days to sell the amounts required to justify a sequel. Hence the long delay since we made GTR2.
- Flaunting my new found ability to answer two posts in a row :) I can say that we have a little more in the bank there that you don’t know of yet and we have been working for 14 months on perfecting oval AI behavior… I say ‘perfecting’ but ‘making it good enough’ would probably be more accurate as nothing is ever perfect. We also have more US based circuits that we haven’t announced yet that should please our fans from that region.
- We created a pretty decent livery system for Shift but it comes with many downsides. You need to reduce the online car limits as the liveries come with a memory overhead. For pCARS we have massive fields on 24-hour tracks like Le Mans and for that reason, we had to restrict livery work. It’s a tough choice but I think it’s the correct one.
- We have massively increased the detail on tracks in terms of using fully 3d trees, adding live track details, etc. So while the overhead is increased, we’ve also worked very hard to improve efficiency. On dual cards and on AMD kit in particular we are much faster than we were before. We’re running at 90+% efficiency with crossfire and we’ve optimized other areas massively. We have more to do but a fair summation would be that you’ll get more quality for less kit in pCARS2.
- Yes, we cut Touge and Hillclimb. They were part of the initial ‘vision’ but not the post ‘pre-production’ plans. They simply felt excessively niche and didn’t appeal to a large swathe of the potential punters. So they’re not on the radar at the moment. We’ve doubled down on the areas people enjoyed and added much more content there, in a big way.
- I can’t give car specifics before the list comes out sorry.
- We have a much more varied offline experience than before, it’s safe for me to say that :)
- We’ve left almost nothing out of the roster we had before and added a lot (loads!) more for this one. We’ve also updated all of those tracks to the new standards.
- We’re still full bore for ‘Septemberish’ but there’s no way we’re shipping this one before it’s properly QA’d and sensibly bug free. So it’s a case of ‘when it’s done’.
- Yes. We have new physics and from that falls out new FFB. For this one we’re shipping (as of now) 3 FFB preset options (we default 1 of course) that you can single click and get (hopefully!) the feel you prefer from the feedback. I’m biased but it’s a huge step forward from the rocket science we had before. That rocket science is still hidden in sub menus and accessible for the more masochistic :)
- Yes. We really wanted to do the normal Suzuka but they are a little insane on pricing. Their problem. We are working on it.
1. Not on consoles. The work (and expense) required is insane and we’re not EA but we have worked our peer to peer system massively to improve the experience.
2. It depends on which wheel but we’ve rewritten the FFB and I suspect you’ll be very happy.
3. Join in progress is a substantial area of work for us over the last 6 months so I’ll be very disappointed if it’s not greatly improved.
4. We think so… There will always be edge cases and no sim in history is free of ‘physics explosions’ but we’ve worked very hard with our team and with our thousand of users at WMD on this area and I haven’t seen it occur for many months now.
- Yes we did. The main issue we saw with pCARS1 was that the AI were excessively eager to drive into you under braking and in corners. We’ve had coders full time on this for the last 2 years working on the ‘AI personalities’ to make them more human. We’ve also worked hard on the ‘sticking issue’ where when you contact an AI driver you seem to lose input and you merrily understeer off together. This should be fixed.
- With AI you will never create a perfect scenario in all conditions. They are not human after all. But what we have created is what we feel is a set of AI personalities that approach humanity without the downsides that we coded before.
- We’ve completely changed our audio. We’ve moved to the fmod rev based system with custom plugins. Therefore we’ve had to recreate all of our base audio input for pCARS2. We have a wonderful team that are working overtime now to transform all of our extant audio to the new system. I think it sounds massively better for those cars that have been converted thus far. It’s a case of polishing now. Those cars that are polished sound epic if I may say so :)
- We’ve massively reworked our pad input filters to try to pre-empt what the user wants to happen, in coordination with what actually happens in game. It’s been rewritten from scratch and we’ve been influenced a lot by what our competitors do here. What we want to happen is that we don’t need to build in subtle understeer for controllability to allow the average person to enjoy the experience on a game pad. I personally have put away my wheel for pCARS2. I’m using a pad exclusively and I’m insisting that we retain the dynamics of the car but allow the player to control such things as sharp front end turn in and on the apex and on-throttle balance with full throttle oversteer and opposite lock controllability (if that makes sense)… That was our aim 2 year ago and I think we’ve achieved it. I think it’s a very affirming experience for pad users now.
- We’re massively better on AMD cards now. Particularly on dual+ setups.
- You’re negating the influence of our new rebroadcasting code.
- We are shipping a dedicated server setup for PC and we’re using Sony and Microsoft systems for consoles.
- Yes. We’ve greatly improved the interpolation and we’re working with distant player throttling code. We’re also working with ghosting players who have a very bad connection, within limits, before they’re removed.
- The FFB is transformed in pCARS2 and we have a one click three option ‘feel’ system (as of now, this may change) to allow you to get the feel you want instantly. The FFB should not need to be tailored per car. It should reflect the nuanced differences of each car.
Dukester

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Looks like they'll continue with VR support, so I'll buy it.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I hope they don't have the bugs of PCars 1. I can't play that anymore as it won't pickup on my G-25 and it use to work fine.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios have released ten high-resolution previews of their Project CARS 2 title that was revealed yesterday.
The new previews all show off some of the brand new content the title will include, including the McLaren 650S, Nissan GT-R & Acura NSX GT3 cars, the Daytona International Speedway, the Long Beach street circuit as well as off-circuit racing on ice and gravel.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Bell stated, “Small update on Interlagos. We’ve made contact with the nice people at the circuit and have also sourced a laser scan. As soon as the team catch a breath they’ll start working on it.”
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Earlier this week, Slightly Mad Studios released new details on the “Online Championship” mode in Project CARS 2.
This new feature allows players to create a league-style format championship consisting of several rounds. Players will have the ability to set each session’s details, along with the race duration, condition of the track, and schedule.
Once the championship conditions are set, drivers are then invited, allowing them to choose their subsequent team and car before the first race gets underway.
Upon completion of each session, the updated driver/team standings are visible to every competitor, making it easier to keep track of results for the championship. Additionally, the admin can change the schedule and make alterations at anytime.
This system is expected to go hand-in-hand with Slightly Mad Studios’ recently announced driver rating system, which should help produce more balanced online races.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Project CARS 2 new previews showing off a variety of news, some of which has already been visible in the release trailer, including the Nissan GT-R road car, the Mercedes AMG GT-R, the Aston Martin Vulcan, Acura NSX and others.
Image]
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios reveal latest batch of in game shots from the upcoming new Project CARS 2 racing simulation.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

I have been playing the beta over the weekend and it is surprisingly good.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:I have been playing the beta over the weekend and it is surprisingly good.
Oh you're on the beta... Have they changed the way the FFB works & feels, cause I just couldn't get me head around it in pC1?
(that is if you're allowed to say anything under the NDA?_
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:
norbs wrote:I have been playing the beta over the weekend and it is surprisingly good.
Oh you're on the beta... Have they changed the way the FFB works & feels, cause I just couldn't get me head around it in pC1?
(that is if you're allowed to say anything under the NDA?_

ND whu? :)

The FFB sill has some nuances for sure, but it seems pretty good for me.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Does it share much with PCars, as in menu's, setting up FFB, weather effects, car feel...?

Basically do you feel, even though it'a a beta, it is better at this stage?
Minister for Religious Genocide.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Too hard to say until I do more with it Doc. Put it this way, I tend to play for an hour or so then go back to AMS or AC.