Project CARS 2

Maybe the next Assetto Corsa. Maybe not.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: Project CARS 2

Post by ysu »

Cursed wrote:5 years ago everyone was happy enough to call LFS a sim. Where is the line?
We all need to understand the "this is not a sim" line means "it's not realistic enough for me".
These are all sims, yes. Even "Indianapolis 500" was a simulation, and that was a really long time ago, nowhere near what a driving simulator game gives you nowadays.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Back from a week flying around the country.
Turned a wheel for the first time 3.00pm.
F*ckin love it.
A whole lot more demanding on my rapidly diminishing skills, but, so good.
Sunday Arvo racing ??????
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: RE: Re: Project CARS 2

Post by norbs »

Cutter wrote:Back from a week flying around the country.
Turned a wheel for the first time 3.00pm.
F*ckin love it.
A whole lot more demanding on my rapidly diminishing skills, but, so good.
Sunday Arvo racing ??????
Yep. Box has got a server working. 4pm.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I was fanging a Porsche 962C LM around old Spa. This something we started the year in AC doing and I could not break through the 3 min barrier. Like 0.3 seconds off or something. So tried it in cars 2 and 2:59, took over a second off and I'm third in time trails but that won't last long. It's really growing on me a lot and it's just a matter of getting use to it after so long in AC. A Pagani Zonda roadster at Oulton Park helped that a great deal. Just when I thought it was awesome in the dry, I turned on some rain and it was a blast! I'm about to log a fuck ton of hours in this game. :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

The M3 at Longbeach is a hoot

Cutter

Post by Cutter »

Did a multi player 12 lapper at Bathurst in the GT3 Mclaren.
Went from 11th to 3rd.
Had to wring my underwear out after.....
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Grabbed it via the CD Keys link today. Hopefully ARSE still gets a cut, used the link button the forum to nav to their site.

Much cheaper than p[purchasing on Steam at USD prices.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

w00dsy wrote:The M3 at Longbeach is a hoot.
What's with all the smoke / dust?
It looks a bit extreme & can it be tuned via settings?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
norbs

Post by norbs »

KNAPPO wrote:Grabbed it via the CD Keys link today. Hopefully ARSE still gets a cut, used the link button the forum to nav to their site.

Much cheaper than p[purchasing on Steam at USD prices.
:yes: :yes: :yes:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:
bug.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

norbs wrote:
Duke wrote:
bug.
I wondered the same thing. I thought maybe I had broken something.
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote: I wondered the same thing. I thought maybe I had broken something.
I reckon you probably brushed a wall at some point. Same thing happened in the beta and when I took the Mclaren 720S to Long beach.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

norbs wrote:
w00dsy wrote: I wondered the same thing. I thought maybe I had broken something.
I reckon you probably brushed a wall at some point.

at nearly every point
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Wet weather driving is weird. The weather effects are very atmospheric, but my cart felt very planted. I wonder if its the 10%(?) traction control that's hidden away in the car setup under ECU. I wouldn't have thought something basic like a Formula Rookie would have something like that.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

For some reason in the replays the steering wheel rotates roughly twice what it does while driving. Here's a live lap, followed by a replay lap showing the difference.

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm a bit annoyed that joining online games seems to still be rooted in Cars 1. I'm sure we'll get the hang of it but I feel it was one area that needed a lot of attention.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Well 5hat was disapointing.

Kicked my career off in the Formula Ford's in the USA. Pole at Longbeach by 2 seconds and as soon as the lights go green the game shuffles me from 1st to 12th even tho I'm leading and waited for the green to appear loosing out to 3rd at turn 1...

Thought.ide stick with it and smash the field but nioez finish dead last 1:07 off last place when I was actually about 30 seconds up the road from 2nd.

Did this twice now with the same results.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain wrote:I'm a bit annoyed that joining online games seems to still be rooted in Cars 1. I'm sure we'll get the hang of it but I feel it was one area that needed a lot of attention.
I agree Doc. The MP part of a clusterfuck still. If they dont sort it out, the game will die as quick as the first one.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

What The.... LMAO

Dukester

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

That's almost a Papyrus type of bug. GPL and N2003 did some seriously weird stuff like that.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

norbs wrote:
Dr. Pain wrote:I'm a bit annoyed that joining online games seems to still be rooted in Cars 1. I'm sure we'll get the hang of it but I feel it was one area that needed a lot of attention.
I agree Doc. The MP part of a clusterfuck still. If they dont sort it out, the game will die as quick as the first one.
I don't think the first died that fast Norbs. I kept playing it single player for a long time after we stopped doing online stuff in it. The only reason why I did stop was it would no longer detect my wheel and with 2 coming I just didn't bother. I did all my offline racing in it as I preferred it over AC. Yet AC is better online.

I remember watching Le Mans a couple of years ago and they were saying that LMP 1 could go through Porsche curves in 6th gear and looked like they were on rails. So I tried it in Cars 1 and fuck me dead they did the same thing. Trouble was I was not good enough to keep hitting the turn in point to do it every lap. I wen't a bucket load faster in time as well. I've heard Ben Collins talk about stopping and turn in points with different cars and how he tried to get them bang on, after what I did at Le Mans, I believe him. These games do things that really float my boat but I just wish the online stuff was better, to make it easier.

For me it's been Cars 1 and Dirt Rally off line and Assetto Corsa on line. Cars 2 now replaces Cars 1 and I really like what it does. I just need to stop comparing it to 1 and think like you Norbs like 1 was a beta.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Fair enough Doc.

I was playing a bit of single player PC1 til I got into AMS. Looking at Steam, I have 208 hours in PC1. That is cheap entertainment considering what it would have cost.

I only do AC online these days, and that is only because it is what we always play. I am happy to give PC2 online some time though. I remember what AC online was like when we first started. Fucking hopeless. I think PC2 could have been better at release. There are still a lot of the bugs that were reported in the beta testing in the released game. SMS have the chance to win back the people they pissed off in PC1, but they better do it quickly. :)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Interesting & interested in opinions from those willing to try them... Jack Spade Custom FFB Files for Project CARS 2
Back in 2015, WMD community member, Jack Spade introduced his custom Force Feedback tweaker files for the original Project CARS. The Jack Spade tweaks made a huge difference in feel and fidelity of the game’s Force Feedback. Now Jack Spade strikes again and uploaded a set of custom Project CARS 2 Force Feedback settings which should instantly improve your FFB experience
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

norbs wrote:Fair enough Doc.

I was playing a bit of single player PC1 til I got into AMS. Looking at Steam, I have 208 hours in PC1. That is cheap entertainment considering what it would have cost.

I only do AC online these days, and that is only because it is what we always play. I am happy to give PC2 online some time though. I remember what AC online was like when we first started. Fucking hopeless. I think PC2 could have been better at release. There are still a lot of the bugs that were reported in the beta testing in the released game. SMS have the chance to win back the people they pissed off in PC1, but they better do it quickly. :)
Very quickly. I think one thing that annoyed people too was them not trying to fix 1 and just jumping into 2. Will this happen again and they just jump into 3 leaving an unfinished game? I hope they don't and I hope they release some Ferrari grand prix cars. You also logged more time than me in 1, I only have 160 hours in that. But it seems they might listen as Duke just posted those FFB profiles. We got default FFB profile rather than trying to sort through 40 odd FFB perimeters.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I haven't seen a lot of problems with PC2 so far. I've been going through the career mode. Started on karts and now on Formula Rookie. I've been turning up the AI slowly and a few cracks are starting to appear, but not a show-stopper for me yet.

I've had problems changing the HUD in VR. The changes I make don't seem to stick. I might try and start the game in flat screen mode and make the changes there.

The VR experience has been awesome so far. From the lowish default settings I turned up the supersampling to 1.4 (which made the FR gauges legible again), but had to turn down the MSAA to Low to keep framerates in order. It seems to be coping nicely. They now properly draw the back of the car whereas in PC1 the back of the car was a weird low-poly mass if you turned around and looked at it. I did notice that they don't animate the suspension on the back wheels from the cockpit view - the tyres bob up and down with the road surface but the suspension arms are all static.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]