Project CARS 2

Maybe the next Assetto Corsa. Maybe not.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Project CARS 2

Post by KNAPPO »

Had a ball last night with this. Didnt bother fucking about with FFB too much, just adjusted it to what felt ok for the time being so I could get rolling. Ill have a look at what Duke posted above in due time, at present I dont want to waste too much time going down rabbit holes in the settings if im enjoying just driving.

Apart from that bug I encountered in my first career race being kicked from 1st as soon as the lights went out and dropped a lap behind whilst leading I didnt bother to qualify for any other races an managed to take the series win for the first tier and then moved up to the Euro series in Formula Ford. I have not qualified on pole again (5th was my best) so have not been able to replicate the bug.

Had a great race in round 2 at Watkin Glen. I wondered why the field (and myself) were on grooved tyres at the start. I didnt check the weather and on lap 2 the skies opened up. By the end of the 5 lap race half the track was soaked and the other half was partially damp. Shit load of fun driving in those conditions in a Formula Ford.

After I did race 1 of the Euro series I put the career aside and setup some rally x and endurance events. Fuck I forgot how fun it was to have a monsoon creep up on you mid race and at night with all hell breaking loose!

All in all im getting out of this what I wanted. A good fun offline sim to muck about with and do a motorsport career along with other pickup style races.

The open road style events are a lot of fun and the car classes seem to strike a good mix for me. Got some stuff to tweak like the camera FOV's for all the different camera views so they loook good with the triples. I just got cockpit working to my liking but found the options for all the others but couldnt be arsed adjusting them just yet.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Server info and leaderboards here....

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/ ... 2219682419
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Minister for Religious Genocide.
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:That's almost a Papyrus type of bug. GPL and N2003 did some seriously weird stuff like that.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:
w00dsy wrote:That's almost a Papyrus type of bug. GPL and N2003 did some seriously weird stuff like that.

To be fair no sim is immune to these types of issues. The Indycar in iRacing is prone to similar issues as that vid.
Even right now many cars in iRacing will grip roll if you try to flickspin them which appears to be related to them fixing an issue with their track surface model in the new build. :rolleyes:
But they all do make for a great laugh.

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

That shit used to happen a lot in GPL, it's good to see an 18 year old bug is still there :D
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Whats with the shadow flickering in PCARS2?

Ive seen it mentioned in one video before I purchased it, and last night noticed it in a few in game replays. I gather its a bug on PC.
Just reading up on it now, it seems people are mentioning about turning shadow detail off to alleviate the issue. Anyone here doing this?
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

One more question that I have not been able to find an answer on but swear I saw it in a video somewhere on YouTube.

Manual control of the car in pit lane?

I have a pit limiter mapped but the whole pit lane experience has the control taken away from you... Is there an option to turn this off?
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

KNAPPO wrote:One more question that I have not been able to find an answer on but swear I saw it in a video somewhere on YouTube.

Manual control of the car in pit lane?

I have a pit limiter mapped but the whole pit lane experience has the control taken away from you... Is there an option to turn this off?

Yeah it's in the options somewhere.

I just had a weird accident.

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Hahahahaha, thats pretty funny how there was more shake from the small hit with the wall then the massive clip of the outside of Big Bolicas.

Thanks, ill have a dig around the menus tonight for it. Also want to find the option to turn damage off whilst im at it.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Legend, thanks.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Well im loving it so far. Works really well with VR which makes for some brilliant immersion.
Havent played with settings much at all, I have tried the 'raw' ffb mode and enjoying it so just left it at that for the moment even though it certainly feels lacking in comparison to AC. No major (or even minor) bugs to report as yet.
Weather is fantastic!

Sent via a computational networked mobile device
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I was trying different cars tonight and noticed the FFB varying between cars. A Transam Mustang and a Jag E-type V-12 gave me a nice feel but a Merc CLK-LM was very light on FFB but I suspect that to be because it's mid engine with power steering.

Anyway I had a blast just driving different cars tonight. I'm in the loving camp now :banana_love:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Finished the Formula Rookie portion of the career last night and unlocked the first of the special events in the classic tier for getting 8 wins. I was thinking of going the single seater route towards the Indycar but after sampling some of the oval races im thinking of now going to do some tin top stuff and work towards an endurance racing career instead.

Thought ide do the diversion and give the special event a bash since it was the Lotus 49 at Monza 66.
Line up on the grid and its pelting with rain. :fall:

Gotta say, the physics were pretty odd and the tyre squeal in the wet was very off putting but I still had a ball.
One very weird graphical bug I noticed is some of the Ai cars were only sending up roosts of spray from the right hand side of the car.

Very fun game tho. Exactly what im after for some offline fun.
norbs

Post by norbs »

The fucking Indy car series was the only one I failed to complete in the beta. I have no idea how to drive ovals it seems.

The enduro is great Knappo. The Tier 1 series are all long races. The LeMans I did was 3 hours 14mins or something like that. I had 2 piss breaks. I was pitting every 15 minutes or so. And I fucking loved it. Mixed class racing is tough. I drove a LMP1 car and there was no let up.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

KNAPPO wrote:Grabbed it via the CD Keys link today. Hopefully ARSE still gets a cut, used the link button the forum to nav to their site.

Much cheaper than purchasing on Steam at USD prices.
Fark it I took the leap, the CD Keys price was too good to not get it plus ARSE gets a kick-back. :yes:
I just hope I don't regret the purchase like I did with v1, if I do it'll be the last SMS game/sim I buy. :p
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It's a better game Duke, though at first you might not see it like I did, but it's better. I kept comparing it to cars 1. Norbs did put it best by saying at cars 1 was like a beta. Once I started viewing it in it's own right it is better but its what Cars 1 should have been. My first change in the game was FOV! :yikes: Only after 11 hours of play have I played with the FFB. It all worked right of the bat for my G-25. That ticked a bloody big box for me as I could jump right in and fang the crap out of Group C cars.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Well its still booting to the main menus so thats a vast improvement over PC1 for me lol.

In all seriousness, im really liking it and can over see its foibles for the sheer enjoyment im getting out of it for a offline single player style sim, glad I held out and didnt get Forza for the PC now. Not sure if ill bother with it for online play, AC trumps it for me at the moment especially with FnF with you clowns.
norbs

Post by norbs »

KNAPPO wrote:Well its still booting to the main menus so thats a vast improvement over PC1 for me lol.

In all seriousness, im really liking it and can over see its foibles for the sheer enjoyment im getting out of it for a offline single player style sim, glad I held out and didnt get Forza for the PC now. Not sure if ill bother with it for online play, AC trumps it for me at the moment especially with FnF with you clowns.

Well hold onto your cock holster, there might be some PC2 FNF in the coming weeks!

Once Box and Slow work out the server shit. :)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dr. Pain wrote:It's a better game Duke, though at first you might not see it like I did, but it's better. I kept comparing it to cars 1. Norbs did put it best by saying at cars 1 was like a beta. Once I started viewing it in it's own right it is better but its what Cars 1 should have been. My first change in the game was FOV! :yikes: Only after 11 hours of play have I played with the FFB. It all worked right of the bat for my G-25. That ticked a bloody big box for me as I could jump right in and fang the crap out of Group C cars.
Well I hope so Dr as I just looked & found I only have 7.4 hours played on pCARS 1 BETA. :lol:
Worst thing is we have a B.band outage @ home today, been offline since 9am so I can't even d/l it yet. :(
Dukester

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote:Well hold onto your cock holster, there might be some PC2 FNF in the coming weeks!

Once Box and Slow work out the server shit. :)

I knew that was coming. All good, as long as there is a scheduled downpour involved. ;)
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

KNAPPO wrote:foibles
:rofl2:
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

VR plus Karts = wooo!

I actually bounced up and down in my seat ehen bogged down in a slow corner like I would IRL.. quickly realised that wasnt going to help lol

Sent via a computational networked mobile device
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

I almost gave up on this game 25 minutes in, FFB is sort-of-there for me, still working on it, decided to give the Nissan DR30 a fang and then got into the Indy Roadsters, really hoped we could have selected the cars we were racing against, I'm not a big fan of having 7 Lotus 56's racing against me, but still...

Big Bolicas in the Indy historics was a blast, aside from finding out I have to pit and fix the car at the end of practice or I'll start the race in a wheel-less car, but I enjoyed the fact that the car keeps minor body damage between sessions.
Also rolling starts don't work at Oval Monza, the 56 just can't handle any hold-ups on the banking cos the moment you loose speed in a 1-speed jet-car, shit goes down.
And then, mid-way through the start procedure as I gave up and moved to a standing start, I noticed the grooved tyres and the dark clouds...

Halfway around the same lap
That's not a bugged car, that Lotus 38 was cartwheeling along, slamming into other cars, I literally had to swerve hard right to get underneath the wreck.
Trying to keep a big roadster on the road, skipping like crazy over wet patches and punting race tyres out of the way, fark me!

Also, at one point, I put the roadster upside down in Helmet cam and got stuck there, which felt pretty cool/horrifying.

So yeah, same old bugs with a f*ckload of fun shit to make up for it