PC2 hints and tips

Maybe the next Assetto Corsa. Maybe not.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

PC2 hints and tips

Post by norbs »

Just stuff people "might" find handy. These arent all mine, just stuff I have found useful.

PCars uses horizontal FOV like iRacing does, instead of vertical FOV like AC or AMS. So the value will be different. For example, 40° vFOV translate to 66° hFOV. You can calculate it using this: http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/index.php

TC and ABS isnt easily changed in car like AC. Change it via setups. Or the ICM (in car management) can do it on the fly, but is kludgy at best.

The Jack Spade FFB files are here... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showth ... -FFB-Files (I dont like them, but some people rave about them)

When editing your HUD, select Light. Then do your amendments, add what your want and it should be fine then after save.

If you suffer from weird stuttering, judder, stroboscope effect in turns when camera moves around quickly, here's the solution that worked for me.
After trying everything to fix that annoyance I used same trick that worked in pCars1.
1) Turn Vsync off in game
2) Force Adaptive Vsync in video driver
3) Add the following launch options in Steam game properties -fpscap 63 (62.8 based on the latest findings, see the post below, not 100% sure though if 62.8 vs 63 makes a difference, could be placebo, but it does look smoother, not worse for sure )
You can even set prerendered frames to 1, it's still smooth and doesn't tax GPU as much plus eliminates input lag.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: PC2 hints and tips

Post by ysu »

Actually, the vfov/hfov calculation will depend on your monitor's aspect ratio. And while you can safely say most monitors will be 9:16, if you put 3 of those side by side the landscape(pun) is hugely different.

I don't know why some engines use one or the other, if the industry could agree on one method that'd be very nice...
Last edited by ysu on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
norbs

Post by norbs »

ysu wrote:Actually, the vfov/hfov calculation will depend on your monitor's aspect ratio. And while you can safely say most monitors will be 9:16, if you put 3 of those side by side the landscape(pun) is hugely different.
I would hope and pray anyone using triples would probably figure that out. :)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Did norbs just make a post on FOV... :faint: :lol:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: RE: Re: PC2 hints and tips

Post by w00dsy »

Duke wrote:Did norbs just make a post on FOV... :faint: Image
I'm his world FOV normally means Fondling Onz's Vagina
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

hint: use wet tyres everywhere in lower categories, because this fucking bugged shitty game isn't calculating tyre temperatures properly. It's the first cars in fucking career, how can the morons who tested this not have picked it up.
norbs

Post by norbs »

GT VIRUS wrote:hint: use wet tyres everywhere in lower categories, because this fucking bugged shitty game isn't calculating tyre temperatures properly. It's the first cars in fucking career, how can the morons who tested this not have picked it up.
If you saw the amount of bugs that were reported you might think differently.

I don't recall the last time you had a good word to say about ANYTHING, let alone PC2. Do we all need to pitch in for you to get a root? :nod:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Competitive Racing License
New to Project CARS 2, and a game-changer with respect to the quality of the races you will now experience online, is the introduction of the Competitive Racing License, created to ensure online racing offers you the type of racing you desire and deserve.

Broadly speaking, the license tracks three main spheres of a driver’s career: a driver’s reputation for safety, a driver’s skill level —both of which can be used as a filter for online racing—and driver experience.
Driver experience tracks your time spent in Project CARS 2, and can be viewed in the Driver Network Profile as a graphical embellishment that charts your rise through the ranks of your Motorsport profession. While this is an insight into your ability, it won’t affect your online rankings.

The driver reputation and driver skill stats, meanwhile, will have a large-scale impact on your online racing. These two stats, moreover, are both tracked independently, which means the host of a lobby can decide which (or both) of these driver rankings is most important to them. The host, what’s more, also has the option of not running the online reputation component if they so desire.

If the online reputation component is chosen, it will ensure that the drivers who enter online races can be pre-scanned in accordance with ability, safety, both, or neither.

For instance, the lobby can specify drivers of any skill level are eligible to join, but their safety rank must meet certain basic standards: This will ensure that drivers of all abilities (pace-wise) will be permitted to join (up to the lobby host’s own skill rating), but drivers who have a low safety rank will be barred.

The host, moreover, may set the lobby to accept only elite drivers with high skill ratings and safety rankings. Or drivers of lower skill ratings but high safety rankings. The choice is yours. (To note: Both skill and safety cannot be set higher than that of the host.)

The Project CARS 2 Competitive Racing License is, at its core, a system whereby all Project CARS 2 drivers are constantly assessed throughout their online racing career when they enter online races that track their stats. Every race counts, and how you race—and also how you choose to conduct yourself in online races—will directly impact both your skill rating as well as your online reputation when the lobby you’re racing in has the competitive license enabled.

The consequences of this are threefold: esports functionality is greatly enhanced; a powerful and effective matchmaking tool has been created; and with the online reputation component, wreckers will find it hard to ruin online races for drivers who want to race rather than get involved in random carnage.

How does it all work?
For the safety ranking, drivers who decide that Turn 1 is the perfect opportunity to forget where their brake pedal is, and do so consistently, will gradually get matched with drivers of similar impulses in online races that have low (or no) minimum safety requirements.

Your online reputation now matters because Project CARS 2 lobbies have the functionality to directly choose the level of reputation (in other words, your safety ranking) permitted in their servers. Get a reputation for wrecking, and soon enough you’ll find yourself barred from online servers that take safety rating seriously.

Drivers, meanwhile, who race clean, will find themselves matched with drivers of similar ideas.

Additionally, drivers will also be matched for their overall ability, speed, and racecraft, so that those who are seriously proficient will gradually find themselves matched with similarly ranked drivers. This ensures that, whatever your ability, the more you race online, the closer you will be matched with drivers of your own capabilities in order to ensure competitive races.

The way this works is as follows: If you race and win against drivers who are a lot better than you, you’re going to get a lot of points—similarly, beating drivers who are slightly better will also see you get assigned a decent point score. If you beat drivers who are worse than you, you’re still going to get points, but not as much as if you beat higher-ranked drivers. Of course, should you lose against drivers who are ranked lower than you, you’re going to lose points.

The Competitive Racing License has been introduced to remove toxicity from online sessions, as well as adding a whole new component to the Project CARS franchise; progressing through your online racing career is now another way of enjoying the world’s most authentic racing game.

The final aspect to consider in your online progression is that, as you climb the rankings ladder, so will you become more of a candidate for recruitment for teams looking to recruit into a pro esports team.

The Safety Ranks system is as follows: Unclassified (lowest, and also the starting point), F, E, D, C, B, A, S (highest).
This Skill Rating number ranges from the lowest at 100, up to 5,000 as the highest, with the player’s starting strength set to 1,500. All players should be aiming for S5000 licenses therefore.
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

The host, what’s more, also has the option of not running the online reputation component if they so desire.

Thank fuck for that!
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Jesus that looks complicated.. I'd love to try the endurance action norbs spoke about but I just don't have enough time for 2 sims.. :(
eek
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Don't Ctrl-Alt-Del as the game doesn't like it and you can't get back in. It seems you're stuck in game till you end it properly.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I tried this speed sensitivity but i wasn't keen on it.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Jack Spade Custom FFB Files have been updated, grab them from the forum
V1.1 update Notes:

1. High end wheels in general don´t require too much compression, hence the additional 2 files have a little bit different low comp setting,
mainly aiming to avoid clipping and to maintain a nice balance of forces and dynamics. Suitable for DD wheels, CSW v2.5, v2 and similar.

2. Tire Scrub Effect - now also is active with Standard Files. Made it a bit more sensitve in all files, it´s nicely in sync with tire noises in certain
driving scenarios. -- Reference Porsche 911 GT3 RS / Silverstone.

3. The Deadzone Removal line now identical in all files, PC1 gamer should be more familiar with this one, don´t forget to set your values.

Important - I noticed a bug if the deadzone is set at zero, the wheel pulls with maximum force to the right at session start, set it at a very
low value instead.

4. AJ´s latest Anti Jolt - works better now, but sill get the impression that not free of side effects, which seem to take away the crispness
of bumps and kerbs, causes a slightly muted feeling in general, perhaps not noticeable on Lofi wheels.
It´s like recording on analog audio tape in comparison to digital.
I decided to leave it disabled, if you can´t stand the jolts on the very few affected cars, enable it.
Would be nice if someone could make a list of all those cars in question.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Files V1.1:
1. standard low comp
2. standard low comp DD
3. standard mid comp
4. standard high comp
5. alternative low comp
6. alternative low comp DD
7. alternative mid comp
8. alternative high comp
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I dropped my brake pedal sensitivity to 40 on my G-25. It gave me a little more travel on the pedal before the brakes kicked in.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

As the lads have said via Discord. ALWAYS change the setup from 'loose' to 'stable'.

Holy crap it makes a difference. I was driving my Formula C series last night and the thing no longer wants to kill me by backing it in at every braking zone.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

KNAPPO wrote:As the lads have said via Discord. ALWAYS change the setup from 'loose' to 'stable'.

Holy crap it makes a difference. I was driving my Formula C series last night and the thing no longer wants to kill me by backing it in at every braking zone.
Thanks for the tip..........fuck this needs some messing about to get right!!
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

KNAPPO wrote:Holy crap it makes a difference. I was driving my Formula C series last night and the thing no longer wants to kill me by backing it in at every braking zone.
The Formula C is one of the broken cars at the moment, put it on wet's for every session.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Going to give this Voice Attack Voice control mod a try, looks a good way to automate using the stupid ICM system & it's applicable for all players not just those with VR.
I setup a voice attack profile to make navigating the ICM much easier. Now you can just say what you want changing and it gets done.
No more fiddling with key presses as you are trying to concentrate on keeping the car on the road as the rain comes in, you have slicks on, and urgently need to schedule a pit for wet tyres
Dukester

norbs

Re: RE: Re: PC2 hints and tips

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:Going to give this Voice Attack Voice control mod a try, looks a good way to automate using the stupid ICM system & it's applicable for all players not just those with VR.
I setup a voice attack profile to make navigating the ICM much easier. Now you can just say what you want changing and it gets done.
No more fiddling with key presses as you are trying to concentrate on keeping the car on the road as the rain comes in, you have slicks on, and urgently need to schedule a pit for wet tyres
Tried it out. Was such a pain in the arse. You have to wear headphones. It didn't always do the right thing and at times had a massive delay.

I imagine it would be necessary with VR, but with a button box and plenty of wheel buttons, seemed like just something else to go wrong.

I wonder what sort of hit on the system it is? I think simhub is about 2 - 4%. If you still run that Duke, I'd be keen to know if this is another similar hit.

The ICM sure needs work. Not being able to hold a button down drives me mad.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Well I always wear headphones so no issue there for me, you could just use a little mic that clips on to your collar. ;)
Voice Attack system hit is negligible, most of the time it idles between 0-0.3% CPU usage then once it hears a command it uses between 1.5-3% for maybe 1 sec whilst it performs the function. Memory usage is also low at between 45-60mb at most. I've been using VA in iRacing for ages, takes away all the button finding & fiddling which can get difficult in solo enduro's of 2-3hrs. I've never noticed any issues in gameplay while using it either. :D

As for this mod, it is OK but needs to include the ability to manipulate TC & other deeper functions of the ICM. I'm going to try add some of those functions to the profile myself tonight.
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:Well I always wear headphones so no issue there for me, you could just use a little mic that clips on to your collar. ;)
Voice Attack system hit is negligible, most of the time it idles between 0-0.3% CPU usage then once it hears a command it uses between 1.5-3% for maybe 1 sec whilst it performs the function. Memory usage is also low at between 45-60mb at most. I've been using VA in iRacing for ages, takes away all the button finding & fiddling which can get difficult in solo enduro's of 2-3hrs. I've never noticed any issues in gameplay while using it either. :D

As for this mod, it is OK but needs to include the ability to manipulate TC & other deeper functions of the ICM. I'm going to try add some of those functions to the profile myself tonight.
If you are using speakers, any external microphone is virtually useless.

I only asked about the resource hit because you were complaining about PC2 being such a resource hog. Well, FPS dropping at least. I dont think iR is anywhere near as taxing as PC2. And if you are getting to the limits of the CPU, any little hit will hurt. Do you still run simhub?

I use crewchief a bit in off line racing, and I think there is some basic voice stuff in that. SimHub does some other bits n bobs. But i could never get happy with VA. Be interested to see how you go with getting it to adjust TC and stuff.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Voice Attack does require you to train the voice recognition system to get good results. It's not just a drop-in and go solution. I have a few phrases in my AC profile which trigger from background noise ("beep beep" to toot the horn). The mic picking up noise from kids or the TV in the next room can give me poor results too. I'm on the fence as to whether I would try this one.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
norbs

Post by norbs »

Cursed wrote:Voice Attack does require you to train the voice recognition system to get good results. It's not just a drop-in and go solution. I have a few phrases in my AC profile which trigger from background noise ("beep beep" to toot the horn). The mic picking up noise from kids or the TV in the next room can give me poor results too. I'm on the fence as to whether I would try this one.

How do you go on FNF Cursed? Do you have separate PTT keys or something?