rFactor League - F1 GP '79 - Historical Series

ISI's new sim rFactor
Sterling

rFactor League - F1 GP '79 - Historical Series

Post by Sterling »

rFactor League and XGN are proud to announce the first series of the 2007 season, kicking off on the 25/1/2007 will be the first of nine tough and physical rounds of historical F1 Racing using the Grand Prix '79 mod. So gents start growing your sideburns and big boofy hair and join in for what should be a most enjoyable yet very challenging series using one of the best mods rFactor has to offer.

Event Info:- http://rfactorleague.com/events/series- ... d-prix-79/
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I'll be giving rfactor league racing a go for sure, what better mod to kick it off with :yes:
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Anyone interested in racing in this league should head over there and register ASAP as there're only 27 league spots for this mod and 8 racers are registered already :D
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Whats the mod generally like? I havnt driven the 79's yet might try them out before I sign up
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

nutty wrote:Whats the mod generally like? I havnt driven the 79's yet might try them out before I sign up
Are you crazy....get downloading!......its one of best....if not the best! :nod: So challenging yet soooo rewarding! :yes:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

nutty wrote:Whats the mod generally like? I havnt driven the 79's yet might try them out before I sign up
think sideways powerslide up mountain straight :rofl:
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Yep, it totally sucks to start with (spin, spin, spin) but when you get used to the cars they feel bloody fantastic and you can really push them hard. And the sound...... ooooh yeah!
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

Can't decide between Ligier (my favorite team ever) or the sexy Wolf....
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Coopz wrote:Can't decide between Ligier (my favorite team ever) or the sexy Wolf....
Wolfs all mmmmmine grrrrrrrrrrr :D
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Get registering quick guys... only 8 spots left!! Great effort for our first ever league over at rFactorleague.com :D
juggle

Post by juggle »

Coopz wrote:Can't decide between Ligier (my favorite team ever) or the sexy Wolf....
Its my weapon of choice.

Only because its the James Hunt car :D

PS How different is the physics package for each car ? as some of the sets people send from other types just dont work sometimes. Be it gearing/suspension.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

The cars all 'feel' different to me, but I haven't studied the physics files to see how much, some definately have different default oversteer/understeer characteristics. There are also definate differences in engine performance, redline and torque curve(I assume the cars with the same engines like the cosworth have the same performance) but mix that with 5 and 6 speed gearboxes plus some aero/physic stuff and you hove a lot of different feeling cars that need different setups.

Great cars.........brilliant mod. :nod:
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Good post. The cosworth engines all have the same power output, but that's offset by car weight and aero as Sterlo mentioned. I think the cars with 6 speed boxes will have their advantages but personally i like the 5 speed Ferrari box at Kyalami.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

The biggest difference I notice is the grip level under braking between the different cars. :nod: :yes:
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

schmickle wrote:I think the cars with 6 speed boxes will have their advantages but personally i like the 5 speed Ferrari box at Kyalami.
That little six speed in my Wolf is going to bring me glory at Longbeach :nod: :D

At least I hope it is, we won't mention that I'm probably going to get chewed up at Kyalami by some damn Ferrari's and Williams. :tilt:
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Car selections have been finalised. Check em out here. There are still 4 spots left although ur car selection would have to be one not selected by anyone else.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

WooHoo got the Tyrrell!
Who do I send a virtual beer to to get one of those nice signature pictures that Sterlingand schmickle have?
It can sometimes take a while to match up people with cars in a historic series like this and that sort of thing certainly helps.
Pushing tab and having the names and pings floating around above the cars kinda ruins the effect, lol!
:yes:
XLV SPORT
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Jiminee wrote:WooHoo got the Tyrrell!
Who do I send a virtual beer to to get one of those nice signature pictures that Sterlingand schmickle have?
It can sometimes take a while to match up people with cars in a historic series like this and that sort of thing certainly helps.
Pushing tab and having the names and pings floating around above the cars kinda ruins the effect, lol!
:yes:
Hey Jiminee request it here. I'm sure Sterlo will whip one up for you depending on how many virtual beers you agree to give him of course ;)