HDR anyone?

ARSE's photographers and arts forum
Jumi2

HDR anyone?

Post by Jumi2 »

I just found this site -> http://www.hdrsoft.com/ thru an article about hdr photgraphy.
I am quite suprised this hasnt come up here yet, but it looks like one thing wich interest me even more.
What do you guys consider these techniques?
I think it adds immensly to the freedom one has. It also enable one to get the pictures more like they really were at that time i think. How often did i take pics and then thought wow, how bad did the colors and contrast come out... :rolleyes:
I was wondering what you guys think. Ah and before i forget, thank you norbs for the greatest desktop wallpaper ever:
:yes: great shot! :yes:
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

THey are interesting, but I am not a real big fan of HDR images. Still its a worth while read. Good find.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

That really is a great desktop wallpaper :)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Jumi, although I am a bit of a nazi when it comes to post processing, I can understand why people use HDR in SOME photos. Do a search on Flickr and you will find hundreds that gained nothing from the HDR treatment.

And thanks for the wrap about the photo. At work on dial up so havent looked to see what one you speak of, but thanks anyways.

:yes:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

HDR is fine if the object of the process is to bring the image back to what the eye could see (usually in very low light) the problem for me is when the light no longer matches the rest of the image. At that point I start going all norbs on it.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

The software looks good - I might try it out. I never knew people actually took HDR photos. I've only ever seen it used as an aid to rendering whereby you can use an image to create the lighting that was actually present. Looks kind of cool still.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
macca
Founder
Founder

Post by macca »

Like most things, there's some good/great HDR images but there are a lot of not so good images :p

Not something I have bothered with at this point in time.
I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedmacca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

That sums up pretty well what i thought, it can greatly enhance a photo, but you can also go way over the top with it, as you see alot in flickr. To much saturation and contrast basicly.
What i do like is the fact that you can get really dreamy pictures, or really play around with colors and lighting, i know its not a real photo after that, but well its fun to use.

@norbs: Well i guess you dont need hdr anyway your photos look really good from the lighting.
Its the "Big sky, big sea" picture, i just love how the light is there and it is really great as desktop, calms me down everytime i look at it.
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!