Click...... Think....... Click....... Think........

Hit ya balls into this forum
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Click...... Think....... Click....... Think........

Post by Dan »

Installed ShotOnline, problem is when I go to play golf itself... It takes a while to do things that I have clicked. Like when In multiplayer I can see them do it straight away on mine but mine takes soooo long. I know it cant be FPS lag or anything like that... Anyone have this problem?

System Specs

AMD 64at 2800+ or 3200+ something around that mark.
1GB Ram
Nvidia 7600gs 256MB
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Re: Click...... Think....... Click....... Think........

Post by Hz-Lab »

Dan wrote:Installed ShotOnline, problem is when I go to play golf itself... It takes a while to do things that I have clicked. Like when In multiplayer I can see them do it straight away on mine but mine takes soooo long.
how do you know they didnt do it ages ago but your only seeing it then?
Tofuboi

Post by Tofuboi »

He has a 2800+ Athlon64 754pin cpu.

I was watching what happens and basically id take my shot and it would appear fine, like as soon as i clicked the bar would come across for power and i could click it no problem on my pc, then he'll see my shot, no lag.

However, when he goes to click the golf ball to play his shot, the mouse curser will disappear, then there will be what almost feels like a good 5 seconds lag, then the power bar will activate, then he can click again to give power then again to aim, then another 5 seconds pass and his shot will finally happen, then on my pc i see his shot.

So when its his turn basically, theres a ton of lag. But it feels like system/game lag, not frame lag or anything.
"No matter how fast the car in front goes around a corner, I should be able to do the same!" - Takumi Fujiwara
fp

Post by fp »

Fo you have any other programs running in the background that would be consuming resources or bandwidth?
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Tofuboi

Post by Tofuboi »

Basically we killed off everything except his G15 Keyboard software which needs to be running and thats it.
"No matter how fast the car in front goes around a corner, I should be able to do the same!" - Takumi Fujiwara
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Yeah... What he said :D
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Tofuboi

Post by Tofuboi »

Well we fixed it.

Basically his RAM timing was WAY off!

Was running at PC2100 (DDR200) Speed, which made the whole PC really dodgy., also in single channel mode too.

We fixed it all up and now it runs at PC3200 (DDR400) speed and dual channel, runs like a dream, shot online is awesome now lol. :D