ARSE '67 Race Results

GPL related chat
Fast_Company

Post by Fast_Company »

I've got the keys Jazz, but some bastard stole my wheel!
he who hesitates..... is lost
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

Results for races 7 and 8.

Watkins Glen

1. 16 Hyperman 9
2. 8 R.Jeffery 6
3. 4 D.Unger 4
4. 15 J.Cottier
5. 17 D.Ware 3
6. 3 D.Shaw 2
7. 14 M.Powell 1
8. 9 P.Phillips DNS

Mexico

1. 4 D.Unger 9
2. 15 R.Jeffery 6
3. 9 P.Phillips 4
4. 16 Hyperman 3
5. 17 D.Ware 2

Standings

D.Unger 52
R.Jeffery 49
D.Ware 37
P.Phillips 26
Hyperman 19
D.Shaw 12
M.Powell 4
J.Cottier 0
Last edited by Bluesman on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
Fast_Company

Post by Fast_Company »

looks like I missed a good one.... I was in IGOR on Tuesday night but didn't have the "password" to get in and watch.. (you'll have to PM it to me Blues) I did notice that my ping rate to your server was 100, which isn't bad, but I've upgraded my B/B from 512mb to 1.5gig just to be safe.

well my G25 arrived yesterday and wouldn't you know it my ISP went down...., but didn't really bother me as I had a new wheel and a new game (GTR2) to contend with.. I ran a few laps at Anders and after a couple of big wipe outs due to foot on clutch not brake incidents I got to within 3/10th's of my GTR time which I didn't think was to bad for 4 or so laps (a slow 1.27:3 if you must know)

there must be a D/L for GPL as it didn't recognise my FF on the wheel, I know there is the GPL shift utility for the shifter. anyway, I hope to be back online tonight and if so I might venture in for a few.... :)

cheers, Johnno
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

results/points for races 9 and 10

Mosport

1. 4 D.Unger 9
2. 14 R.Jeffery 6
3. 16 J.Akers
4. 15 P.Phillips 4
5. 9 D.Ware 3
6. 17 D.Shaw 2
7. 3 M.Powell 1

Monza

1. 14 R.Jeffery 9
2. 3 D.Ware 6
3. 16 P.Phillips 4
4. 4 D.Unger 3
5. 9 D.Shaw 2
6. 15 M.Powell 1
7. 17 J.Akers

Standings

D.Unger 64
R.Jeffery 64
D.Ware 46
P.Phillips 34
Hyperman 19
D.Shaw 16
M.Powell 6

Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

Well what an awesome series. A great battle through the entire comp between myself and Rob Jeffery with a draw at the end being a fitting result.

Rob's Eagle was just a bit to fast for my Brabham and he was able to catch me in the last race....Well Done Rob. :yes:

Dion came in an admirable 3rd (2nd?) and was in the hunt all the way but suffered too many engine failures ( bloody Fezza lol )

Commiserations go to Jamie Cottier (DrPain) who's wheel acquired a glitch at the start of the series, but tried to soldier on with his joystick.

All in All a great time was had by all and we're looking forward to just as good racing in the upcoming ARSE 69 Comp.

Fast_Company

Post by Fast_Company »

hey guys, gotta say i had a ball last night, the 1st race was a hoot, I made a few pathetic mistakes (much to your ammusement ya pack o' bastages lol) but ya get that after such a long lay off (.... had some sort of sound card issue in the second race at Monza after the engine nuked itself off the line, (sorry Blues, Piglet...) will d/l new drivers for sound card tonight and see if it sorts itself, thanx again and I've got to admit, GPL has got me by the stones..... again.

the ring will be insane next week, I'd best run a few before hand. :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

On my weekend that I played GPL again a couple of months ago, I managed an 8:08 at the 'ring which was surprisingly not too bad. I should try to remember to get iGOR up and running and see about having a race sometime. I haven't done anything online for ages and have barely touched my wheel of late. Would be fun to maybe get the old Cooper out and have a go.

Johnno - for GTR2, the time trial laps included in the game were done by me and I haven't done much driving since the game came out so that's pretty much the fastest I've gone if you want a comparison. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Fast_Company

Post by Fast_Company »

Cheers Mick, will give it a burl over the weekend.... its good to have a benchmark to send me back to reality with a thud :)
Patrini

Post by Patrini »

Hi guys,

Enjoyed the 67 series guys, some good scraps, good chance to get acquainted with the Fez after driving mainly the Eagle previously in the F1’s. Thks Blues for providing a stable server.

Sry I missed the ring, was away with work.

Just wondered where we are next week ? and which series - 69's ?

need to practise lots having problems getting consistent with new pedals :melt:

Chrs, Pat
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

Thanks Pat, we were only to glad to have you along for the ride :)

Just roll up if ya like this week mate.......we dont have anything planned but will probably be in the 69's but as yet we havent settled on a track......more than likely a Papy track :)

Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Yeah great series guys, and I'm thinking I might just have improved a touch, looking forward to the 69's too see if I was just getting lucky or whether i really have gotten a clue :)

Clocked up some points which i'm happy about too.