Adelaide Alive

ISI's new sim rFactor
Jiminee

Adelaide Alive

Post by Jiminee »

Sorry for the cliched title but just wanted to give you guys a heads up about this event.

http://rf-racer.com/Next_Event.html

I am guessing there will be a big turn out for this, we were going to do something at Bathurst but we are saving that for later in the year (its hopefully going to be rather special to)

It is going to be run to suit our timezone though which is a big help in an international event and having done a few 2am or 4am events I can promise you this will be a big advantage to us!
The RACER events have always been brillantly run in my experience and are more like AAL than MNR I guess, in that its more 'serious' Its probably not the way you would want all your online racing to be but as something different it is great as every effort is made to make it more real. (Just little things, nothing to drastic but they do make a difference)

I believe the format is still to be finalised but there will be heats, a last chance shoot out and a big final with points awarded in every race and the overall winner decided by the person with the most points rather than the winner of the final, kinda like speedway bikes I think.

The more Aussies we get there the more chance we have of getting more events like this. From what I have seen we are only behind the Americans in terms of numbers in most cases so this is our chance to show what we have. There is a chance guys like Gregor Huttu and Dom Duhan will be there, they have done previous RACER events (and usually won) so if only as a way to see some of the best in action its worth it though I honestly believe we have the drivers here (not me but some of you, lol) to take them on and beat them.

Let me know what you think guys and if there are any questions dont be afraid to ask.

Thanks
Jim
XLV SPORT
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

What sort of time are we looking at????? I'll try to clear my schedule :)
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Using the Old version i guess? I'll put my version to them with a better turn 8 if they want it
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Not sure about times yet but they will be to suit us, so probably Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
This is a big deal I can promise you having done a few 1am-4am events with these guys in the past!
XLV SPORT
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

http://rf-racer.com/drivers/modules.php ... pic&t=1469

The entry form can be found here guys, some good drivers in there already would love to see a whole bunch of Aussies though, two heats at around 10am and 12 noon depending on where you live, a decent prize on offer to if you can make the final.
XLV SPORT
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

I just don't like that Adelaide track, the RD3 conversion is just plain nasty. :tilt:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

With Huttu and Duhan competing noone else would really have a chance unless Chaz has decided to try his hand at another game.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

No sign of Team Redline so its safe for now.
No doubt a better track would be better, but just gotta make do with what we have for now and trying to bounce through Turn 8 flat is fun, even if its not accurate.
XLV SPORT