Kosmina 'resigns'

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
BigPete33

Kosmina 'resigns'

Post by BigPete33 »

[massive rant]

I'm really not happy at all about this (read: fucking furious).

Kossie is a great coach and his record is excellent. The fact he gets upset about things he SHOULD be getting upset about is one of the reasons I like him. Since when is it wrong to stand up for youself or what you believe to be right? (especially when you are right!) It's just plain fucking unaustralian to have a go at him for it.

All I seem to be reading for the last couple of days is 'grabbed Muscat by the throat' and 'abused the referee'.

GOOD ON HIM!

I'd have smashed the shit out of Muscat for what he did to initiate the throat grabbing and Matthew Breeze (the ref he gave a spray to) absolutely 100% deserved that spray and should be thankful it was only as he ran past.

If the FFA don't want ref's to be lambasted in public or have situations get out of hand on the pitch then they need to immediately and seriously look at the performance levels of referees and linesman (ESPECIALLY THE LINESMEN) and make them fully accountable for their actions and also have an appeals process for incorrectly given cards. Ask poor Matthew Kemp (who I dont actually like but thats beside the point) how he feels about missing a grand final where he could have made a difference all because a stupid ref just plain fucked up and he has to just wear it. As he said...'you can be booked on video evidence but you cant get let off on it'...how fukn stupid is that?

I used to joke that for a person to be a referee they needed to just refuse to see what was actually happening and make stuff up as they went....not so sure I'm joking now!

[/massive rant]

Have a nice day :)

P.S. yes, melb were definitely the better side on the day and fully deserved their win. Just in case any1 decided to shout 'sour grapes' :)
Gasking: just cant hack getting beaten by you Pete, specialy by such a large amount

Peptis

Re: Kosmina 'resigns'

Post by Peptis »

BigPete33 wrote:As he said...'you can be booked on video evidence but you cant get let off on it'...how fukn stupid is that?
FIFA has long stood by the line "the referee is always right". Even when he is wrong.

Stupid rule if you ask me.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

the 6-0 loss is the cause.. had it been a 3-2 loss i doubt there would be a resignation. He woulda been forced into it by the teams owner, who from what i have seen seems to have no idea. Seems all these changes, including rosco's demotion is a little bit over reactive. PFft.. oh well, here's a mid ladder finish for United next year
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

I just think post the final loss, United have been viewed as very sore losers. Ok they all apologised but i felt somewhat embarrased they were representing my state/city.

Ross Aloisi was shocking as captain in the final, but for a captain you assume they lead by example and have control over their actions, certainly not for United's who already had a yellow card. He called it a soft free? The guy had kicked the ball away then cleaned up, he would have been carded anywhere and United were struggling 2-0 down already, now really up the shit!!

Yes the ref makes mistakes, yes you can say it but it has to be controlled and watched. Otherwise it's disrepute.

As for Kosmina though, i'm in two minds. They did quite well, though maybe they need a better coach who isn't in the media for all the wrong things all the time. It doesn't look good and i can only assume United are viewed worse outside of SA as a result.

Off topic - BigPete you must be happy with that overnight Champions League win, quite an upset!
BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

I don't reckon the 6-0 loss was the cause to be honest - altho it would be for most other clubs. I think they were more concerned about not looking bad than anything. Kossie had the best record of any manager in the A-league, if results were everything he'd be coach for years.

I hadn't mentioned Aloisi's demotion earlier...can't say I'm too upset about that particular thing. He really did let the team down in the final even when taking into account the ref's inconsistencies on the day. I also think he's had a pretty average year. I won't for a millisecond fault his effort level but I am pretty disappointed with his methods sometimes. I certainly pray he never takes a free kick! SO predictable and nothing ever comes of it. I'd have to say I am extremely happy that Costanzo is now Captain, I reckon he's a gun! has had an awesome second half of the season. Like Aloisi he goes in hard but for me he's a cleaner player.

Greg Owens has moved on also, going back to live in Newcastle I believe (he's from there). That's a fairly big loss too, Owens is a good player and very versatile - just not at left back :)

Hopefully Vidmar can keep things rolling along..after all it's not like we have a crap squad - far from it. I just worry cos he's untested as a coach and Kossie really should still be there.
Gasking: just cant hack getting beaten by you Pete, specialy by such a large amount

fp

Post by fp »

somebloke - I agree, to me, the post match dummy spitting was more embarrasing for Adelaide than the final score.

So...
Next month, two teams will be representing Australian club football in the Asian Champions League for the first time ever... and both squads will be without their coaches :doh:
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Slightly OT.

Here is what I don't understand. Melbourne won the final, but its Adelaide thats going into the Asia Cup.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

fourthof5 wrote:Slightly OT.

Here is what I don't understand. Melbourne won the final, but its Adelaide thats going into the Asia Cup.
Current AFC Champions League guidelines state that representatives must be chosen from the previous year's competitions even if the season was decided before the Champions League was actually going to start. Probably due to it starting so close to the beginning of the year. In fact I believe most of the relevant documents had to be in before the grand final was even held. Didn't stop a couple of teams being chucked out already for not finalising their player lists in time.

Therefore it means that Adelaide and Sydney will represent Australia as minor premiers and grand final winners from 06. Whereas Melbourne (minor premier) and Adelaide (grand finalist as the minor premier reached the grand final) will play in the 2008 edition as 07 representatives. I believe the ACL rules will be re-written to take into account, amongst other things, when various national competitions conclude themselves, in 2009 (?) maybe 2012 (my mind has gone grey there).

Melbourne was the better team on the day, no doubt about it. Those sort of sour grapes, even with the surprisingly bad refereeing from Shields, Breeze and co is unacceptable.

Aloisi seems to have gone downhill and what I find most unacceptable is his criticism of the players (for instance after each leg of the major semi-final) when as captain he has let them down badly not through his playing but his terrible behaviour.

I really wish Kossie didn't have to jump. I feel we really needed him for the ACL. Fine him, humiliate him whatever but don't push him out but alas it's too late, that's Bianco for you, a real visionary as always. No offence to Vidmar but Kosmina to me was what made Adelaide so successful these last couple of seasons.

Lastly my one big whinge rather than lament would be Muscat. The guy is allowed to get away with murder each and every time. It's been told to me and I sometimes think I see it too that he tries to intimidate referees and they let him do it. It's time people cut the crap and stop him from making a mockery of the officiating.
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

There's a reason Kevin Muscat is the most hated player in football.
BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

Spot on there Alan.

Peptis: that's hilarious :) Sadly it's also very accurate. Muscat is actually a very good player and just doesn't need to be as dirty as he is. For the image of the game he is precisely the player you dont want your kids to watch. Just in the past couple of seasons he has gotten away with plenty - including the gouging of an eye socket right in front of the ref who just ignored it.

On a positive note, it's fantastic to see the A-league attracting the huge crowds it has been...who'd have thunk it just a couple of years ago? On that same note, was good to see many of the Adelaide fans who travelled to melb for the final still cheering and doing their best to support their team even tho they were getting spanked. Having been to a few games at Hindmarsh (Adelaide) most of the crowd is pretty quiet unless we score a goal or the ref stuffs up, it's nice to see some more involvement from them. Would love to see hindmarsh stadium need an increased capacity.

fp

Post by fp »

BigPete33 wrote:Would love to see hindmarsh stadium need an increased capacity.
I think it does need an increased capacity, or Adelaide should at least play their finals games at AAMI Stadium.
A big postivie about Melbourne hosting the Grand Final was having a capaciity crowd at a big venue.

Have to wonder if Newcastle or CC won the right to host the Grand Final, would they hold the game in Sydney so as to play in front of a crowd bigger than what thier home stadiums could hold?
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

fp wrote:
BigPete33 wrote:Would love to see hindmarsh stadium need an increased capacity.
I think it does need an increased capacity, or Adelaide should at least play their finals games at AAMI Stadium.
A big postivie about Melbourne hosting the Grand Final was having a capaciity crowd at a big venue.

Have to wonder if Newcastle or CC won the right to host the Grand Final, would they hold the game in Sydney so as to play in front of a crowd bigger than what thier home stadiums could hold?
Adelaide were intending to play the grand final at AAMI Stadium which made me slightly please we lost the major semi. Playing there would have been an embarrassment, the place is a dump. Hindmarsh is apparently the only purpose built football stadium in the country but it is on the small side too. The tricky part is that it rarely sells out its existing capacity. I remember during the Olympics they did a great job of expanding capacity but I doubt it would be enough for another match like a grand final. Kind of a catch 22, play at crappier Football Park or smaller Hindmarsh which I think the government is still paying off and would loathe to expand it in the meantime.
BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

Yep I agree it is a bit of a catch22.

On the plus side the average crowd seems to be getting bigger so that's in favour of future expansion. The downside is probably the government wont want a bar of it after all the hullabaloo in the first place when the grandstand was done.

Playing at AAMI is good cos it holds way more ppl but bad cos it's a dump and also AFL stadiums have the disadvantage of the crowd being too far away from the pitch.

Ideally hindmarsh stadium would fill in the corners which should increase capactity to at about 20 thousand, probably a good place to start.

Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

A small ray of sunshine. Paul Agostino is coming to United after 10 years (!) at 1860 Munich. I remember he was doing big things but then he had a massive injury and then I didn't hear about him much since.
BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

I remember him!

Likewise I haven't heard diddly about him for about 10 years :)

where'd you hear he was coming to United? I'm sure he'd be a good addition to the squad.

Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Scuderia_Alan wrote:A small ray of sunshine. Paul Agostino is coming to United after 10 years (!) at 1860 Munich. I remember he was doing big things but then he had a massive injury and then I didn't hear about him much since.
He would be a bit old really. I mean he must be what.... 200 now ?
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

He's 31 which doesn't make him that old compared to the other Australians coming back to play. I guess that would make Muscat 250 years old? :rolleyes:

It's been announced in quite a few places not to mention ABC news in Adelaide.

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/ind ... &cid=83739

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200702/s1855753.htm

http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/defaul ... pageid=147
fp

Post by fp »

Scuderia_Alan wrote:He's 31 which doesn't make him that old compared to the other Australians coming back to play. I guess that would make Muscat 250 years old? :rolleyes:
I think he means after 10 years in 1860 :D
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

fp wrote:
Scuderia_Alan wrote:He's 31 which doesn't make him that old compared to the other Australians coming back to play. I guess that would make Muscat 250 years old? :rolleyes:
I think he means after 10 years in 1860 :D
Bah, too vague for me. My mistake. :melt:
BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

Good stuff!

does any1 know if 'chewy' is staying? I'd expect Veart would retire which would make way for Agostino in any case. Maybe Fernando is departing too?