Bluesman's definitive guide to playing shot online.

Hit ya balls into this forum
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Bluesman's definitive guide to playing shot online.

Post by Bluesman »

Ok guys this is it....all the things i've learnt from 3 starts at this game and any that have been passed on by wiser golfers lol.

Ok we get the easy stuff outa the way 1st.

Leveling up: one of the main parts to the game. 2 ways to get this done as quick as possible is to either play with someone who is a much higher level than you or play a lotta games at the Rufus ( prick of a desert ) course. when you play Rufus your experience points double so you level up faster.

Stats points: ok when you level up you get given 2 points each time to add to your stats, power, impact (accuracy), stamina, & skill. when you get given these points add them ONLY to you power and impact ( try to keep them as even as possible or even impact a little ahead ) i cannot STRESS hard enough the importance of this, stamina and skill dont really need to be added to. trust me i've learnt this the hard way and have been told by far more experienced players than me that this is the way to go.

Putting: Damn that ball wont go in the hole!!!!!! this is a tuff one but i'll try to help as much as i can.
1st up yardage. 50% on the meter is about 10yards, 40% 8yards, 30% 6yards etc etc. over 50% is a tad harder to figure out but i figure its similar to below 50%, 60% 12 yards etc etc ( add about 2 yards per 20% ). these figure are based on a flat green ( no - or + ) and with the default putter thats given to you from the start. it dont change much when you get more power however it WILL change if you buy a different putter, so be warned.
Left and right break. this one is very hard. most guys use the arrow keys + slight adjusments if needed, so its pretty much trial and error, i prefer to just use my eye and hope for the best lol. what i can do is give you a short putt lesson.
lets say you have a putt from 1.5 to 4 yards ( anywhere inside those figures ) give your arrow key 1 tap left or right and stop the putter on 35%, 9 outa 10 it'll go in. trust me try it :)

Chipping: this is a VERY VERY important part of the game. if you miss the green ( and who doesnt ) and you're able to chip it close you can still get a par. i prefer to use the AW club with full backspin ( pull the red dot on the ball as far down as you can ). yardages are 30% = 10 yards, 40%= 20yards, 50% = 30 yards etc etc, remember to allow for uphills/ downhills. any chips under 10yards i prefer to use SW club with 40% being about 10yards. these figures WILL CHANGE when you get more power ( higher level ) and better clubs.

Bunkers: AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! my weakness lol. best i can tell you is that i always use the SW and if the green is above your head, hit it harder than you think ( i prefer to use full backspin, others prefer none). yardage is tricky. i figure that 50% with the ball level in the bunker and the green not to high is about 20yards, but with green higher then maybe figure 20 yards to be about 70-75%. THE BEST advice i can give..........dont go in them lol :D

thats about it for now, however i have 1 or 2 little things that you need to know. Beginners when you play you must pay green fees. however you are given 3 free tickets to play @ Alfhiem so use them. they are in your Inventory and you must place them into your status window for them to work. club repair (huh?) YOUR CLUBS WILL WEAR OUT!!!...... its true. the clubs you start with take some time to wear out but trust me THEY WILL if you dont get into the habit of repairing them ( i was on the 2nd last hole of a 9 hole game and the durability on my putter ran out!!!! i had to chip!!! trust me that aint funny ) the beginners clubs cost 0ng's to repair, so get into the habit of going to the club repair dude in the square and repairing them after your round and it'll hold you in good stead further along. ( my new irons that were given to me by my guild, are the only clubs i have that need repairing...i had'nt done it because no one had told me so, when i found out i repaired them straight away....at a cost of 300,000ngs+!!!! :yikes: )

fell free to ask ANY questions/ advice about the game in this thread and i will endeavour to help in any way i can. in the meantime happy golfing :)

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

cheers Dave. good stuff :up:
--------------
Stu
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Blues, combined with the forums, thats a great help. Thank very much.

So what level are you oh great Blue Shark?
How does a zero handicap work?
Do handicaps come into the results at all?
Can you auto change clubs? I am sick of hitting the driver off the fairway and it going 3 metres.

More to come.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

im staring at his stats right now and I see Lvl 29 HC -8
--------------
Stu
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by tehsid »

norbs wrote: Can you auto change clubs?....
You and me both mate.

Nice guide by the way. Thanks
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

norbs wrote:Blues, combined with the forums, thats a great help. Thank very much.

So what level are you oh great Blue Shark?
How does a zero handicap work?
Do handicaps come into the results at all?
Can you auto change clubs? I am sick of hitting the driver off the fairway and it going 3 metres.
great Blue Shark huh?...like that coming from you El Presidente :p :yes:
see stu's reply
zero HC means jack shit
no HC's do not come into the result, though in the comp we're gonna play they will as its a way of making the comp more even.
no you cant. open ya bloody eyes and use ya 3wood :p

guys the only way to get ya handicap down is to play 18 holes. however handicap dont really come into it at all, so you dont really need to get it as low as you can.
Level up is the only thing that matters.
Last edited by Bluesman on Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bauer

Post by Bauer »

you need to use your remember muscle mate. or have you pulled that too? :D
--------------
Stu
norbs

Re: Bluesman's definitive guide to playing shot online.

Post by norbs »

Bluesman wrote: Leveling up: one of the main parts to the game. 2 ways to get this done as quick as possible is to either play with someone who is a much higher level than you or play a lotta games at the Rufus ( prick of a desert ) course. when you play Rufus your experience points double so you level up faster.
I reckon Rufus is a waste of time til you can hit the ball long. The last is 669 metres. Par 5. It took me 6 to get there. :(
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

lol now you know why you get double exp :)

i haven't played their yet. might leave it a while now :)
--------------
Stu
norbs

Post by norbs »

I was playing off +6 and hit 29 over.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

did you play with someone else with a higher level norbs?

YnoT

Post by YnoT »

thanks for the guide that was helpful for a beginner like me :)

also never knew how backspin works and what stats points should i split them to
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

IMPORTANT TIP!!! I had completely forgotten about this.

If you go to the Shot Online website you can get a lotta FREE STUFF!!! ( balls, enhancements etc. ) heres how you doit. First login.

Once in the website click on Item mall, then click Item mall again on the drop down menu. you will see tabs for the various

items you can buy ( clubs, equipment, etc ), click on the far right tab that says FREE ITEMS. when you see the list of items,

click on "buy now" for each item ( YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED!!! ), once you have "bought" an item, click on "continue shopping",

do this till you have all the items or whatever ones you want ( there are 2 pages of em ). YOU CAN ONLY BUY EACH ITEM ONCE!

Once you have gotten all the items, next time you start up ShotOnline go to the guy called POTTER in the square, he's in charge of lockers,

click on him and select "virtual locker" from the menu and you will see all the items you have bought in there. Open your Inventory and drag them over. Done.

now here's what you do to use the items. for enhancements ( Zodiacs, Cyma's Mopsos etc ) these must be put on IN THE SQUARE!.....you cant put them on

in the game. ( open your Inventory & Status windows and drag them item across to your status window ) once the item runs out it will disappear.

balls are the same , they must be put into your status window in the square not in the game, however if your are in game and the balls you are currently using run out

( it happens ), then you can select any of the balls in your inventory between shots and use them till they run out. also you dont have to keep using the same balls in your next game.

EG: say you run out of balls in game and you change to new balls that you've never used, but you discover that you dont like these new balls. you will have to use them

till the end of the game but as soon as you finish you can change them in the square, even though they haven't run out, just drag em back to ya Inventory.

One more thing....Lockers.......everyone has a locker @ the Potter's which you can use at any time ( cost nothing ), sooner or later your Inventory will get full, so ya gotta get rid of
stuff ( old clubs, clothes, hair ). just put it in ya locker and you can grab it anytime you want.