Bugle

Post by Bugle »

Should be up to V7 by the end of the day
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

WOW The UFR sounds awesome now :yes:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Woohoo! Some good sounds. Really helps with the immersion in this game. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Seeing the DaveWS' sounds have been added in. Im starting to think that the next thing for the user base might be those hi-res track textures :)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

wabbit wrote:Seeing the DaveWS' sounds have been added in. Im starting to think that the next thing for the user base might be those hi-res track textures :)
:yes: Oh Yeah that would be nice, then I wouldn't have to keep using different ones that I like and then trying to remember which ones for which track when ever they are updated or another better version comes around.
It is great to see that Scawen and the other Dev's are now accepting 3rd party additions to LFS, might speed up the development and make LFS what it is intended to be
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Mmmm wonder if they will take on 3rd party Tracks?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

GT VIRUS wrote:Mmmm wonder if they will take on 3rd party Tracks?
No, and if they ever decide to. i hope each and every track goes through extreme scrutiny. don't get me wrong i like rFactor alot. but quite a number of tracks are simply rubbish.

at least with LFS the tracks are at a certain level of quality
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

r8response wrote:
No, and if they ever decide to. i hope each and every track goes through extreme scrutiny. don't get me wrong i like rFactor alot. but quite a number of tracks are simply rubbish.

Couldnt agree more, the thing that sets LFS apart is its attention to detail that most "track/mod" makers dont do.

TBH all these "cosmetic" changes in LFS are great for new people comming in, but I think most of the older people are bored with the gameplay. Its not because its bad, its just because it hasnt changed.

Bring in Weather/Night, and ill be back into it, but after a 10min run around last night, I was already over it.. and took off to rFactor 79' Monco
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I picked up and did some laps around SO in the FO8 tonight... What a friggin blast, I forgot how much fun you can have in this game. Probably something to do with the peeps I was racing most likely but.... Dang, the FO8 sounds pretty rockin now. :D

Dawg
pogo

Post by pogo »

Exar Kun wrote:Woohoo! Some good sounds :tilt:
:faint: EK, can we expect to see more of you on-track now? :)

Yep, sounds are much better. I want more snaps, crackles and pops - more, az-ze-franch-say, amby-onts - but it's getting there huh :cyclops:
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Haven't tried it out yet.. but much better are the sounds really? I just cant imagine them matching CSR

Moving to my new house next weekend, so once I'm all set up I'll hafta get back into some LFS races
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

kwijibo wrote:Haven't tried it out yet.. but much better are the sounds really? I just cant imagine them matching CSR

Moving to my new house next weekend, so once I'm all set up I'll hafta get back into some LFS races
Well I never really liked CSR and what it did to the engine sounds anyway, I only use it for the other sounds (backfire, turbo, brakes and road noise etc). With these new LFS sounds I can't see why you would still use CSR for engine sounds, in my opinion. If you dont want to use the patch just download the Dave_WS engine sounds to try it to see if you like it.
Dukester

pogo

Post by pogo »

kwijibo wrote:...but much better are the sounds really?
Flinty72 wrote:try it
do, or do not...... there is no try.

shit i'm drunk :D
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

nutty wrote:
r8response wrote:

Couldnt agree more, the thing that sets LFS apart is its attention to detail that most "track/mod" makers dont do.
I quite agree with you both, but you know, more tracks done properly would be good. I am sure that some new layouts would inspire you all back...
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

pogo wrote:
kwijibo wrote:...but much better are the sounds really?
Flinty72 wrote:try it
do, or do not...... there is no try.

shit i'm drunk :D
Ah Yes but there is, as in this case you don't have to load the patch if you want to try out the sounds.
Dukester

Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

V8 is now out, best thing I can see impoved is that the cars a lap down on you are now grey on the minimap so you know the orange one's are the one's coming for you :)

Thead at LFS forum:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=21721
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Bugle wrote:Should be up to V7 by the end of the day
Vilante 11 wrote:V8 is now out, best thing I can see impoved is that the cars a lap down on you are now grey on the minimap so you know the orange one's are the one's coming for you :)

Thead at LFS forum:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=21721
LOL, almost called it mate :p
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i reinstalled LFS after not playing it since the patch with the BMW. Maybe it's just me but i just can't get into it. The cars have a weird feel to them, i find i have trouble getting any feedback at all, and when they do slide it's a weird 'catch it now or it's gone forever' kind of feel. I think it's a game that has to be played a fair bit to learn the intricacies. I find after GTL and GTR2 i'm really struggling to feel the cars. It is like GPL, it has a uniqueness that has to be mastered. The occasional fang isn't enough to keep the speed up. by the way it does sound better, but still not as good as the Simbin games. It seems too muffled on my system.