LFS Dead in the ARSE? stolen from 2000 lfs forums posts.

LFS chat

Is LFS dying in the ARSE?

yes
69%
no
31%

Total votes: 45

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

pogo wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:they dont let me in churches
believe me, they don't let anybody in without pants :rolleyes:
did jesus wear pants?
iMAXIBON

Post by iMAXIBON »

jesus was the immaculate conception, so i imagine he wore pants that resembled mine
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

MAM_Racing_40 wrote:I just got off, I been playing it a fair bit lately. Trying to get my team numbers above 3 lol.

Nothing in that sentence has anything to do with Racing....

Or is it only FMR members who can read it like that? :eek:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

lmao i see it now
Hello :aussie:
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Sin wrote:
MAM_Racing_40 wrote:I just got off, I been playing it a fair bit lately. Trying to get my team numbers above 3 lol.

Nothing in that sentence has anything to do with Racing....

Or is it only FMR members who can read it like that? :eek:
:rofl: :yes:
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Blowtus wrote:Enforcer - download the davews soundpack and replace the original lfs eng files with his. They sound signifigantly better imho. That is, if you don't want to use csr, which it seems you don't.
Downloaded the soundpack today and I gotta say I was surprised at what an improvement it is! It's still nowhere near rfactor's quality but most cars sound more than acceptable now :yes: The FWD GTR's sound cool as and I've noticed the sound outputs are very accurate in relation to what the car is doing especially the gear and turbo whines under brakes and cornering, gearshifts sound much better on all cars too. The LX6 is one gutsy sounding piece of machinery :D Overall it still has that muffled synthetic kind of feel and if not for the devs slow progress I may be a little more excited about the future of LFS. I seriously think it's time for (controlled) modding, theres a very talented community out there who could send lfs forward in leaps and bounds, the devs need to swallow their pride and hand it over to them....

:hide:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

either that or swallow their pride and employ a few more people to keep it on track. Maybe its just gotten too big for them.

Haha, i reckon i have played LFS the most this last week than i have in ages to be honest
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Hz-Lab wrote:either that or swallow their pride and employ a few more people to keep it on track. Maybe its just gotten too big for them.
I've thought for ages now that they really need to pick just a few very talented people from the community and give them small tasks to complete.
Review the work and move onto the next sub task. Sending out all the little stuff that does take time to perfect would speed alot of the major stuff up in the end.

*edit* Whoops, looks like Enforcer-J has already said that. :)
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

It would definately be a good idea to employ someone to do all the little "cool" things such as the type of things ketegys has made in the past. They surely take up a lot of time for Scawen which could be spent on the main engine.

Theres some people within the LFS community that are so damn keen, they'd probably do it for free anyway ;)
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Hi guys, been a while.

I basically got a bit burnt out on racing and quit last june, was finding it hard to get the motivation to practice. I'd long since stopped nightly racing on public servers like I used to so I was either practicing or having the fortnightly aal race.
I don't know if it was that LFS grew old for me, I kinda don't think so. I think after nearly 4 years it was just time for something different . I reckon LFS is what it is, maybe if I'd been playing for the last 9months or so I might have lost patience with the dev cycle as well but I'm not convinced modding or other such things is really going to help. Sim racing was and still is LFS for me, if I ever start racing again it will be LFS, there is no substitute. The devs do things their way and it's what has made LFS as great as it currently is, I say let them do their thing and if it doesn't float your boat anymore then do something else. Buy a motorbike like I did :lol: Seriously though a road bike is a damn good substitute.

by the way good to see all the old names, big g'day from me to all the guys I've raced with and chatted with on ARSE :wave:
gasking

Post by gasking »

ive been going at it a while and am enjoying it more than ever, my key was to stop pracing before league races, loved the open wheelers on ozb, will have to get my open wheeler fix in last few races on the current AAL series.

unpredictable rain would be awesome, damn that would definetly increase the keenness , dunno if night racing would make that much difference to my keenness level
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Basically LFS has been the same for the last 12 months or so, I think that could be why the level of interest is dropping for some people. If a big major upgrade is released soon then I'd say people will be back into it again.

As for rain I have my fingers crossed they include it in the next major upgrade they release :)
confuzion

Post by confuzion »

yeah as mentioned its just bland at the moment, they need to do a major update, and as mentioned with ps3/360/wii out now there will be less time spent on lfs and other games. i have had other committments too so havnt really had time to play much but i do jump on to get my fix.. miss racing with you guys :)