LFS S2 0.5W pre-release (now full release)

LFS chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

LFS S2 0.5W pre-release (now full release)

Post by Duke »

This is big news even for those that don't use the test patches. Scawen has pre-released LFS S2 0.5W in the LFS test patch forum.
The changes from V to V9 are good enough, important enough and well tested enough that we want to put them in our full version, so we've decided to put up a compatible patch W and full version W.

The idea is that everyone can use this new version which has better sounds and smoother graphics than version V, while we get on with the multiplayer-incompatible patch which we hope to finish in just a few weeks. That patch will allow more racers online (probably 24) and more spectators, and various other planned updates for it as well (though no physics changes in that first one).

Before releasing today's patch W in full public view, and while we are getting the auto updater and the full version ready, it seems like a good idea to let you have it here first and that will be one final test before it goes live.
Download & read all the changes from V to W here:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=21866
Last edited by Duke on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Larger fields... Cooooll!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

S2 0.5W is now an official release that can be installed from the in-game updater. Instructions here: http://www.liveforspeed.net/

P.S. I also noted the comments from Scawen about the next patches in Dev.
And a few words about our plans : The idea now is that everyone can use this new version with its better sounds and smoother graphics, while we get on with the multiplayer-incompatible patch which we hope to finish in just a few weeks (depending on what comes up in that time). That patch (probably known as Patch X) will allow more races online (probably 24) and more spectators, and various other planned updates for it as well (but no physics changes). Physics updates will come some time after that, probably in version Y and will include updated car cockpits (most notably the GTR interiors) and a graphically improved version of South City. We can't give any more detailed time estimates for those patches because we don't know what will come up while we are working on them.
Lets hope they come sooner rather than later, Patch X doesn't sound to far away.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

PATCH X BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... what
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Righteous wrote:Larger fields... Cooooll!
Wicked, when they said they were going to add some new multi player syuff i was hoping it would include larger fields :D

Now the physics update with hopfully working engine temps will be worth the wait.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

hmm, larger fields are cool yeah, but i was kinda hopin it might jump up a little closer to the magic 30 number. but oh well. its all good
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

same... 24 is not a real substantial jump...
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

More crappy little tweaks and alterations. Oh well it's better than nothing.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

it may not be too late, we could just hamper the devs to get 30 before the patch is released it cant be THAT hard right? lol
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

fuck it, why not ;)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

30 would make for better racing, and for better driver swap rounds. more cars the better. It says there are more spectator spots though. forgive my igonrance, but can those spectators then take control of a car (from another driver)? or are they confined to spectating only?
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Does this mean that the AAL Admins might run upto 24 drivers per server? *hint *hint* :D
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I would like to see abouts 30 alsomolows... (alchohole may impares your judgments....)... :fall: