LFS Scripts

LFS chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

LFS Scripts

Post by Duke »

Note: G25 owners need not read.
I stumbled across a thread on scripts in LFS a while ago in the LFS Forum.
One in particular to do with clutch starts got my attention, especially now that false starts are part of LFS. So I decided to see if I could get it working. After a bit of tinkering I got it to work although it probably doesn't make your start any quicker than how you do it today but is quite fun all the same.

So what is it? It is a script that is activated in LFS that will make a button turn your brake pedal (or any axis) into a clutch and disable autoclutch. Upon the second button press the axis works as a brake again and autoclutch is restored. This can be used to launch the car with a manual clutch and to switch back to the normal brake (two-pedal setup) once you're at a higher speed.(continuous looping with each press).

Installation:
Place the 2 files in this zip below in your LFS/data/script folder
http://www.ozsport.org/stats/zlogos/clutch%20script.zip
Set the clutch to axis in the top section of the controls screen.
Got to the button assignment for CTRL+F9 and on the keyboard assignment input the following //clutchstart.
You can then activate the clutch via CTRL+F9 or map CTRL+F9 to a wheel button.
The script is set to use my brake axis (axis 2) and CTRL+F9 to trigger the script. You can change these as necessary to suit your system within the script files.

Some things to be aware of:
1. Obviously most important is to make sure you press the button after the start to change the pedal to the brake - 1st turn is hard with out brakes :lol:
2. If the clutch is activated the car won't change gear unless you depress the clutch each shift or until you reactivate the brake but it will remember how many shifts you have done, so if you forget & click up a few gears then reactivate the brake the car will shift from 1st to 3,4,5 or 6th instantly depending how many shifts you did before reactivating the brake.

Try it out, be interested to know what you think.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."