LFSpitboard

LFS chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

LFSpitboard

Post by Duke »

I have been keeping my eye on this new app: "LFSpitboard Click".
It has some pretty neat features, including fuel and pitstop strategy on the fly (& soon to have tyre wear indication).
With so many ppl commenting about how difficult it can be in LFS I thought posting this may get some responses.
Please remember it is in early development mode, but I am sure goin to give it a try. If you do then make sure you report bugs/improvement request on the forum to make this app even more useful.
I created a small application for LFS patch X that displays a virtual pitboard using LFS's new button interface.
The application will display some relevant race information (lap, position, pit-instruction, gap forward, gap backwards, laptime) on the left hand side of the screen when you pass the start/finish line. The pitboard will always contain the information from the last time you crossed the finish line. That means the second time you cross the finish line the pitboard will display the position you had after lap 1, the gaps after lap 1 and the laptime you did in lap 1. That is because I can't predict the time the car behinds you needs to finish the lap, but I need that time to calculate the gap between you and the car behind you.
The pitboard will be displayed each time the viewed car crosses the finish line if it has already finished more than one lap. It will disappear if you switch the view to another car, hit shift+b, cross a sector-time or more than 15 seconds have passed. The program will stop to track the race if a car has done more laps than necessary to finish the race.

R3 Feature:
In a race LFSpitboard will now calculate the amount of fuel you need to finish the race and automatically set it if you are running out of fuel (this only works if you don't have the F12 menu displayed while crossing the s/f line). This feature currently only makes sense if you need less than 100% fuel to finish the race. More in-depth functionality like editable strategy and tyre-advice will come later.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Not bad ;)

Sounds like a good idea, i'll let him iron out the bugs before I run it :)
Steve
---
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

yeah great idea, i'll give it a wurl