RaceNights

LFS chat
racemania

Post by racemania »

Hz-Lab wrote:
Gougoodthing wrote:Looking for something completely different, what about a "fixed set" series?

As in ppl turn up, and all use the same car and set?

Would really separate the men from the boys, and you'd expect close racing guaranteed.
Its something that can't be policed, there is no way that it can be locked, no way that u can tell what sets are being used by people. You'd have to rely on honesty.

It is something that would be cool if LFS could implement the setups to be locked.
i will be working on somthing like this as soon as scawen allows it he hasnt yet put it in the insim db
it will make racing alot more fun for us slow ones :( but i think leagues will be able to apply some good racing when its done.
theres some other problems involved like not everyone has the same wheel and therefore cant use all sets also some ppl use the KB mouse combo.
so there will be lots of complaints if you try police it.

i think the other day there was a server running this before you enter the server you would have to download the set and then once in the race you were not allowed to pit, if you did you would be disco from the server, really its had to police 32ppl in a server ppl crash and must pit sometimes.

so for me its a no.
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

Hz-Lab wrote:
Gougoodthing wrote:Looking for something completely different, what about a "fixed set" series?

Would really separate the men from the boys, and you'd expect close racing guaranteed.
Its something that can't be policed, there is no way that it can be locked, no way that u can tell what sets are being used by people. You'd have to rely on honesty.

It is something that would be cool if LFS could implement the setups to be locked.
In theory you could police it (albeit in a very time-consuming manner). At the end of the race, before any drivers warp back to the pits they send their setup across to the nominated person.

The drawbacks are you have to spend time after the race loading up each setup to check. Everyone needs to trust someone to check it fairly. I also have no idea how it would capture any adjustments you can make during the race to downforce, wheels and suspension. Although I wonder if the new versions of LFSstats do give a brief synopsis of what happens in the pits.

As I said it's by no means foolproof but it's an idea.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Scuderia_Alan wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:

In theory you could police it (albeit in a very time-consuming manner). At the end of the race, before any drivers warp back to the pits they send their setup across to the nominated person.

The drawbacks are you have to spend time after the race loading up each setup to check. Everyone needs to trust someone to check it fairly. I also have no idea how it would capture any adjustments you can make during the race to downforce, wheels and suspension. Although I wonder if the new versions of LFSstats do give a brief synopsis of what happens in the pits.

As I said it's by no means foolproof but it's an idea.
I think that would work, iirc any changes you make to the settings in the pitstop don't actually change the setting file when you warp back to the garage or send the set to others, but like you say Alan it would be time consuming as the leader would have to co-ordinate when each racer sends their set, so he has time to save them and knows who they are from.
From memory LFSStats only shows that pit changes have had "setting adjustments" but not what setting it was and how much it changed, but if I am right as per above then pit set changes isn't an issue for determining if the right set was used.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Or you could randomly check 2 or 3 drivers, or every driver sends the set to the person who finished after them?

Pretty sure that honesty would prevail.
richo

Post by richo »

Your not suggesting people would, ahem bend the rules?

Surely not:)
[]D [] []v[] []D
racemania

Round 1

Post by racemania »

Round 1 is set for 5th july

layout will be released on monday next week, open spots on the night are 20 drivers.
qualify starts at 8pm and race at 8.40pm allows 30mins to qualify and 10 mins to have a rest and break.

please post your interest in racenights forum so i can add your name to the list.

see you all there.
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Very short time between announcement of the event and the actual race night!

I like to have a fiddle around for a few nights before to see if i can even half frive the car and the track before entering.

Having said that, good luck, and here's to a full field.
racemania

Post by racemania »

Gougoodthing wrote:Very short time between announcement of the event and the actual race night!

I like to have a fiddle around for a few nights before to see if i can even half frive the car and the track before entering.

sorry i dont know what you mean by the first line
race date is 5th july we have 10days before it starts?

as far as i can see thats plenty to have some practice.
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

racemania wrote:
Gougoodthing wrote:Very short time between announcement of the event and the actual race night!

sorry i dont know what you mean by the first line
race date is 5th july we have 10days before it starts?

as far as i can see thats plenty to have some practice.

Last I checked today is 25 July.

Next Monday is the 2nd July

Race night is 5 July

That's only 3 nights. :no:
racemania

Post by racemania »

yer ok maybe i should have put it better

i siad was that our server and layout will be released on monday i can tell you the layout only stops ppl cuttign through the final corner on the straight and also has area for the safety car at end of the pit straight, your quiet free to run laps at balckwood in the GTRs on any server you wish

just our server will load that track and config on monday i could open it earlier, if that would help? how much time is needed to practice track?

anyways if you want the layout ill have them all uploaded soon, just gettign them all finalised.

thanks racemania.

EDIT: just loaded the server, has the layout loaded server is on practce atm anyone who wishes to drive on our server needs to register for racenights.
server is named [Ts3]Pro Racenights
you can spectate the server and take the layout by pushing shift+u and saving the layout.
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE