Champcar 06 mod now out

ISI's new sim rFactor
the.cosmic.pope

Post by the.cosmic.pope »

I'm done with professional teams :P I got burned by D3, and less so by iDT. Im happy to give out advice (altho the iDT squad are more than capeable of doing it without my advice) and hints/tips, but thats it :D

Tracks is a sticking point for rFactor. So many badly made conversions out. Altho ZeroGs Portland is getting really pretty now :D
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

the.cosmic.pope wrote:Tracks is a sticking point for rFactor. So many badly made conversions out. Altho ZeroGs Portland is getting really pretty now :D
Too damned right unforcinatly. Very few good track guys, even less doing scratch made tracks.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Play nice people. Would hate to have to pull the Instaban stick out of its cupboard.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Didn't take long for this to go to shit.

Cosmic Pope, if you want realism then go drive the real thing. It's a game and meant to be fun. I like this mod alot but when people post on and on about how bad it is and rag on the team that released it then to me reading it, it sounds like sour grapes.

Back on topic, this is a fun series to drive.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
the.cosmic.pope

Ah the old "its a game, it doesnt need to be realistic" said as if realism and fun can not exist in the same game, or even better, same simulation. Of course this argument is rubbised by NR2003, GPL, Formula BMW Mod (by iDT by the way, which is *awesome* to drive), and of course GTR/GTR2/GTL :)

If you want an arcade game, you can play an arcade game. Nobody will argue with that at all. However when someone produces a simulation (or claims to have produced one) and it is nothing like real life at all, then people are going to say "hmmmm...whats going on here then?".

Now, its good people have been scratching there chin at the physics. Very good. Because iDT (or more specificly, Dave Purdy, the physics man responsible for the CCWS06 physics) have put there hands up and said "We made a mistake! We missed out some updates! A patch is coming! Sorry!" Knowing fine well this was meant to be a simulation and not an arcade mod, a bit of constructive critism is a very welcome thing! We just invited a new guy in to work with us on CART98 and stright away he had constructive comments for us. However, unlike you, we didnt take this as bitching and tell him to go away.
I like this mod alot but when people post on and on about how bad it is and rag on the team that released it then to me reading it, it sounds like sour grapes.
Ragging on the team that released it? Really? I dont belive I've done any of that here! Neil might have, but Neil has nothing to do with iDT, never has, and most likely, never will, and therefore has no reason to have sour grapes. I however have given constructive comments to iDT in both public and private on several topics when I could have just turned round and said "HAHAH THATS CRAP!". But if you want to read it on the topic of sour grapes, then feel free to do that. I would suggest you get some reading and interpretation classes after that as I know for a fact there sour grapes your finding dont exist, but thats up to you.
Didn't take long for this to go to shit.
I dont belive anythings "went to shit" here at all. I fail to see bitching, insults or anything else which would normally be evidence of a forum thread "going to shit". It just seems like your quite annoyed that I came in to defend myself in a siaution where I was being judged by people who dont know half the story, nevermind the full story, and you didnt like that. If you feel the thread has "gone to shit" then I guess you dont need to be reading it then..but I wont speak for anyone else, but I think its been an ok thread, even if it slightly wandered off the topic (altho it could be argued we are still very much on the topic of CCWS06 anyway...).

Once again, this is meant to be a simulation, and iDT have held there hands up and admitted they made a mistake and it'll be rectified. If nobody questioned it and just had your attitude of "ITS GREAT! LEAVE IT ALONE" then nothing would be improved. But because people politly questioned it*, they are going to improve the mod, and can that be bad? Hell no. There is no sour grapes, there is no bad blood, and Pierre even offered me the choice of using the CCWS06 model in the CART98 mod should we wish to expand the mod into more seasons at a later date. Does this sound like sour grapes to you? If so, i think you need some new mates to hang out with bud ;)

*there are always people will be rude. However they are generally very unimportant and hide behind the computer monitor. These people exist in every online community and are a pain in the ass. However they should not be taken as the norm, and 1 whinner does not undo 1 polite constructive comment from someone else. Being a forum which is heavily into LFS you guys should know better than anyone that people who bitch and cry are often louder and more obvious than the people who give polite comments. It doesnt mean there is more bitching, it just means they are louder. Nobody minds if you give constructive comments, and if you do mind then you probably shouldnt be making things (mods, or games likewise) for the public to use, because you'll just end up frustrated to hell.

Im *very* happy an update to the mod is coming, because it truely deserves it. iDT has always been a front runner in realistic mods, in rfactor and F1C and only this has been a let down so far. With such a great team of guys working on it, many of whom I've met personally more than once, this mod deserves the physics to match the looks, sounds and effrort put into it. :) I for one cant wait for the next physics set.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

the.cosmic.pope wrote: Formula BMW Mod (by iDT by the way, which is *awesome* to drive)
Apart from the fact Speedwerx did most of the work for that particular mod.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Pope, go get yourself laid son. You need it lol
the.cosmic.pope

r8response wrote:
the.cosmic.pope wrote: Formula BMW Mod (by iDT by the way, which is *awesome* to drive)
Apart from the fact Speedwerx did most of the work for that particular mod.
Funny. I was in iDT at the time and Speedwerx merged with iDT and whilst Speedwerx did the graphical side, iDT was responsible for the physics :) When it arrived in the state it did, it drove like a lawnmower on steroids :) Tom Milner and Dave Purdy done an amazing job on the physics for that. Oh and most of the liveries were produced by iDT members. I remember the mad rush of template painting at the time, and research for photos. It was nothing more than a great model and some textures when it arrived in iDT, and it left as one of the best rFactor mods. It was a brilliant job.
Dr. Pain wrote:Pope, go get yourself laid son. You need it lol
I live with my girlfriend, have a daughter, and have another child on the way. Trust me "son", I get laid a hell of alot more than most people do. ;) Judging by your avatar, you might might be the one in need of some bedroom action! Now if you dont mind, enough with the personal stuff.
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

Its funny around here :D
I think theres some valid stuff everywhere here and so far people were very nice for a rfactor thread :lol: ah the internet...
I really really like the new champcar mod, but it surely has some things that will be better in the next patch and i look forward to that! :yes: And i like that it was released and still is quite some fun.
But i hope they fix some things and it will be awesome fun! :)
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

for the record.... I need to get laid more....
the.cosmic.pope

Hz-Lab wrote:for the record.... I need to get laid more....
*sends Hz-Lab some hookers*
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

the.cosmic.pope wrote:I came in to defend myself in a siaution where I was being judged by people who dont know half the story, nevermind the full story, and you didnt like that.
That's what I'm having trouble figuring out. There is no mention of you in this thread until you posted and nothing that I would construe as an attack against your mod team so bad that you would need to register on the forum in order to defend yourself from it. Any mentions of the behind the scenes story were against iDT, not RLD. I also doubt many care about the backstory and would rather just take the final product on it's own merits without the kind of rubbish Neil was posting.

I think you'll find that most of the reactions relating to the 98 mod are more a reaction Neil's efforts than a direct attack on either you or your team (which you say Neil isn't a part of but he must have something to do with it since he has a beta). I can only assume your posts here are more about damage limitation on RLD's reputation, though I doubt many here would have assumed that everyone working on the 98 mod had the same poor attitude as Neil.

If anyone had a place to come here and defend themselves at the point you did it would be iDT, not RLD. They were the ones being attacked.
the.cosmic.pope

DarrenM wrote:That's what I'm having trouble figuring out. There is no mention of you in this thread until you posted and nothing that I would construe as an attack against your mod team so bad that you would need to register on the forum in order to defend yourself from it.
Now now, you know that isnt true.
Sterling wrote:Maybe this will give the Cart98 mod guys a push along that they need to actually finish it instead of just teasing the community with screenshots then saying its nowhere near finished.
Dr. Pain wrote:So if they did most of this mod and it suck's, says to me that '98 will suck too. Just seems like sour grapes.
Now, I dont care if the reaction was to Neil. But Neil doesnt speak for me, Neil speaks for himself. I speak for me. However, for whatever reason, the reaction to Neils posts somehow managed to come up with 2 comments agaisnt myself, and/or RLD. Now just because my name and RLDs name was not directly mentioned, it doesnt change the fact that we were talked about. I found both of these posts to be an attack of me and i dislike that. The suggestion that we were not mentioned in this thread at all and I ran in defending agaisnt comments which hadnt been made is flat out wrong. The comments are there to be read.
(which you say Neil isn't a part of but he must have something to do with it since he has a beta).
Neil is a beta tester. Beta testers are not part of our team. RLD is made up of me, Six Degrees, Mini Meastro, Simoni and now Fonsecker who recently asked to work on our sounds for us. Beta testers are Neil, Huttu, Dom_D, and Lasse. Beta testers are beta testers and not part of the development team. However, nobody in the development team speaks for RLD anyway. They speak for themselves.
I can only assume your posts here are more about damage limitation on RLD's reputation, though I doubt many here would have assumed that everyone working on the 98 mod had the same poor attitude as Neil.
I dislike false accusations. The sour grapes comments actually annoy me, because its the exact opposite. There is no bad blood or sour grapes and there has been healthy communication between RLD and iDT. If you read RSC you'll even see Pierre offered us the Lola publicly to use should we wish to. It probably isnt an offer we will take up, simply because we do not have a mod planned where the Lola would be usefull (it was introduced in 2002) however that to me is final proof there is no sour grapes. So to see some people saying these things on a forum annoys me. Whilst Neil may dislike iDT (It isnt sour grapes, becausr to my knowledge Neil has never been directly involved with iDT and therefore cant have sour grapes with them), I do not have a problem with them and certainly have not been attacking them like people seem to be thinking.

Damage limitation for the group doesnt really make much sense to be to be honest. Damage limitation is whats done to, well, limit damage. But what damage can possibly be done to RLD? We arent selling anything. We will never make any money off of CART98, or any of our projects, nevermind profit, so damage limitation is a pointless thing to attempt. We gain nothing from CART98 so cannot possibly be damaged from it. I am defending myself on a personal level, not RLD on a commercial level.
If anyone had a place to come here and defend themselves at the point you did it would be iDT, not RLD. They were the ones being attacked.
Oh I wont deny iDT are being attacked. However as you can see, iDT is on here, as 3 different members, and is rightly defending itself. So if you are somehow questioning why I am here defending myself and iDT arent when they took much more ttacks than I did, then I point you to the 3 iDT members here defending there company. However I posted two quotes which i felt were unfair agaisnt myself and the people I work with, so, like iDT members here, felt I had the right to defend myself agaisnt these. iDT have not been bashed for defending themselves here (and why should they be?), and I dont feel I should be bashed for doing the same thing which iDT has done.

I find the whole situation funny, but not surprising, as it seems to be how the sim racing community works. I have offered nothing but advice and constructive comments to iDT, and they in return offered me the useage of there software for free for our personal gain. Yet somehow, I have been attacked for it, and now im attacked for defending myself and posting nothing but facts. The mind boggles.

Now, wheres those hookers?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Pope, no one here attacked you or a mod team. Anything said in the thread is a direct response of Neil's post. I never attack mods or mod teams as in the past I've done multimedia development and know what is involved in raising a project and seeing it through. I also know that regardless of how much work has gone into something the end user will judge it on the game play experience they ecounter which is annoying for a team, especially someone picks the mod to pieces when they can't even begin to understand the effort needed to produce that final product.

What you'll find in this forum is a bunch of people with a common interest and we dont tend to make it a habit of attacking people or mod team or whatever. So when it happens it will provoke and range of responses. My post about the '98 mod sucking was to make Neil think about what he posted as some of the team members worked on both mods but it was done with the subtlety of a sledge hammer :D

I'm the type that will try all mods and if I dont like it I wont play it but I wont post in forums bagging it. However I have made contact with poeple in the past to pass on what I think about their mod. But even that is rare.

As for realism well I dont really care too much for it as it is a game and anything made for the game will be bound to operate within the limits of the game engine. At present no virtual engine can simulate anything close to realism but if the given game or mod and give the end user the sense of emertion as to "maybe this is how it feels" in a virtual world then half the battle is won and making things too real will appeal to a very small amount of people. So room for creative license is needed.

I hope the '98 mod is great, but I like this too even though it isnt perfect. To me it does it's job by allowing me to take a Champ Car for a spin and have fun. If they feel they can improve on it then awesome.

The best feeling in the world is having products out that people use and find functional or use and enjoy. For mr that was a website for my local credit union and a short film which I edited for a group of mainly disabled people. When you have over 150+ people about to view a film you have put together its so nerve racking. But at the end when they all have been laughing their arse's off and enjoyed it, it's the best feeling ever :)

Anyway no need to defend youself as no one judged you.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

With rfactors force feedback issues, no mod comes close to realism. :eek:

Anyways..... who here has driven a champcar? :shake:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Enforcer-J wrote:With rfactors force feedback issues, no mod comes close to realism. :eek:
Have you tried the Real Feel plugin dude? Makes rF FFB work on the same principle as LFS and RBR's do.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
richo

Post by richo »

I hope Rfactor gets all the patches and ini settings made into one service pack thats easy for plebs to install..

I want to like Rfactor i really do, but you shouldnt have to scour the net looking for settings and plugins to make it the way it should have been made in the first place.

So many mods i want to try but i get so discouraged trying to make the game "feel" right for me that i dont bother booting it up any more..
[]D [] []v[] []D
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Exar Kun wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote:With rfactors force feedback issues, no mod comes close to realism. :eek:
Have you tried the Real Feel plugin dude? Makes rF FFB work on the same principle as LFS and RBR's do.
I tried it on a couple of different mods (v8's, F1) and I didn't notice any improvement at all :shrug: I think there are just too many options combined with your personal settings too and what works for one mod feels wrong for another.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Blah stupid split, stupid fights. Just shut up and enjoy the mod and future patch.

I'm with Enforcer on Real Feel, i never was able to make it feel right for me. But ahh well.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

the.cosmic.pope wrote:
DarrenM wrote:That's what I'm having trouble figuring out. There is no mention of you in this thread until you posted and nothing that I would construe as an attack against your mod team so bad that you would need to register on the forum in order to defend yourself from it.
Now now, you know that isnt true.
Please point out which post you see as an attack on either yourself or RLD, because I've checked a few times now and I genuinely can't see one.

Enforcer, try RealFeel with the Caterham's (I think there are only 2 models in the mod that it works with). It feels very much like the LFS LX cars to me, though it's been a while since I drove them :)
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

reel feel is good with the CART mod :)

v8factor and F1...you had to choose the ones that it works worst with ;) It only works with mods with properly constructed suspension geometry (usually in car factory).

As Darren says, try the new caterhams they have been created from scratch with this plugin in mind.
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

1.1 is out
http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID ... d%20Series

1. LOD's Added and Gen file adjusted.
2. 2005 RuSport now have red rims.
3. 2005-06 Forsythe now have silver rims.
4. 2006 Jimmy Vasser Driver Suit.
5. Pit groups fixed.
6. Camera flickering adjustment.
7. talent files.
8. rF helmet option.
9. Fixed rFm file to read "Champcar World Series 2005-06 by iDT"
10. Physics update including accurate tire wear.
11. New rear view mirror settings.
12. Missing helmets from 2005 included.
13. Steering wheel LCD readouts aligned correct.