MPR-4hr-Results

LFS chat
SE1Z

MPR-4hr-Results

Post by SE1Z »

A couple of retirements, poor Sapient got stuck in the tyres and the efforts of 2 recovery vehicles didnt even budge him! :(

Scottie.... what can I say, at this early stage he has almost lapped the entire field!
First place by a mile!
well done mate :)
Steve
---
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Personally, to get any pace out of the FXR around here I have to muscle the car and cut corners / drift. A bit dangerous I thought, so my plan was to cruise and see what the other guys would do. Scottie flew off into the distance and left Bugle and myself fighting for 2nd. I started pushing and found a bit of pace, but at the expense of my front tyres...Front left blew about 35 minutes in ... Not much later I drove straight through the chicane on the back straight and got some crazy damage. And not much later I timed out (#1). ~45 minute mark?

After a few minutes of fiddling I got wireless up again and back out on the track, managed a wicked barrel roll through the chicane, and then pitted again for some dinner [was starving!]. About 10 minutes later I went back out on the track and did another 5 laps before pitting to check msn. Did another couple laps and timed out again (#2). ~ 1:30 mark. Came back and had a good battle with Bugle again. Unfortunately I was in "stupid" mode and half arsed the chicane at 220 km/h. Ended up bouncing off some walls, car almost landed on its wheels, but rolled the other way onto the roof.

Looks like my wireless only lasts 45 minutes at a time... Makes me feel a bit better knowing I'd continually d/c through the night.

Bummer to anyone that rolled, that sucks.

Scottie, league of his own. His pace made me think he was on the limit, but he was just so smooth. Great stuff! Cetram also going strong. Good job considering the lack of practice!!! Looks like R3s are the secret :)
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Steve
---
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

It's ended already???
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Yeah pulled up 1.5hrs earlier.

I managed to get r2's to work pretty well...
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Race was called after 65 laps or 2.5 hours. Next time we will definitely be allowing resets lol, worked out a good way of doing it but it was already half way through the race so couldn't really do much about it lol. We learnt a lot about what should be done differently next time so hopefully it will be more enjoyable with less retirements and more action :)

Good race though, well done to those that stuck it out and gave it a go :) Hopefully I get a chance to take part in the next one :D

Scottie and Unforgiven will both receive a 40 years of bathurst dvd :)

Official final results will be calculated asap.

Replay File Here
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I hate work...
Cetram

Post by Cetram »

It was an interesting race for a while.... Just got a bit boring once people retired/dc'd.

Well done to Scottie, even without any mistakes I would've been quite a long way down by the end of the race. Anyone who finished was doing pretty well i reckon, not an easy track to stay consistant on.
Sapient

Post by Sapient »

I reckon this was a pretty good event, all the DNF's surprised me (although I happened to be one of the earliest). Ending up stuck(!) in the tyres was brought about by a series of ridiculous mistakes, which was a shame, because to that point I had managed to stay a consistant 20-25 seconds behind Unforgiven and wasnt pushing too hard to do it.....was considering setting pb's once the fuel load came down, but then ran wide while under blue flag, rolled it, pitted, panicked, pushed to hard on cold tyres, big whoopsie, game over.

Things I really liked about this event:
1) 1hr qualify.......really gave you a chance to be strategic about your.....errrmmm strategy and try some different stuff during qual.
2) Teamspeak......really should be compulsory for this kind of racing, and added the extra dimension of trying to psych out the bloke in front (love you Flinty)
3) Close racing inside the classes......

Things I didnt like:
1) Being overtaken by Olddog
2) Bugles mic
3) Mixed class racing.....constant blue flags suck
4) Being overtaken by Olddog

There you go, some free advice......just what you wanted, some nuff nuff telling you what to do :lol:

Thanks MPR :yes:
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Sapient wrote: Things I didnt like:
2) Bugles mic
:yes:
I was more concerned about being ric'rolled...... :D
Steve
---
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Here you go Race Stats

Comments & Improvement Suggestions:
Qual format rocked :)
2 class racing made it more interesting & I guess not so boring if I had of lasted longer :)
Allowing rolled drivers to reset, well I have some thoughts on this over here, Peptis beat me too it.
Have the rules in the same post/thread as the entry nominations, I feel some ppl who didn't know or remember about qual then found it hard to compete and may have even pulled out of racing the event.

Thanks again for running the event :D

by the way I can't seem to post on your MPR forum at the mo, I keep getting a Forbidden 403?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
avaran

Post by avaran »

Those stats look good Flinty, they didn't cut the bottom off of the race time/progress chart. :)
Bugle

Post by Bugle »

haha rickroll'd
Was the mic working in the beginning? Sometimes i'd get a response other times it'd be "fix ya bloody mic"
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

avaran wrote:Those stats look good Flinty, they didn't cut the bottom off of the race time/progress chart. :)
Well actually your team mate (Peptis) showed me how to change the config so it looks right, makes it so much better.
Mind you I had to fiddle with it a bit and then make the lap by lap graph with a different config setting so that it wasn't blown up out of proportion to match the lap progress chat.
Useless trivial info I know but couldn't resist enforcing the nerd factor. :lol:
Dukester

TassieDevil_Original

Post by TassieDevil_Original »

Just some more useless info, looking at the stats, am I the only one that does NOT have auto clutch on, and why does it say throttle? Because I have no to all help
options. And I seem to be the only one that had a pit stop that didn't require fixing any damage :lol: :D

Whoops forgot about Scottie, he doesn't have clutch on his either :melt:
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Bugle wrote:haha rickroll'd
Was the mic working in the beginning? Sometimes i'd get a response other times it'd be "fix ya bloody mic"
I only heard it work once or twice in the pre-race carnage. Every other time you tried to speak was a garble of static...

lol @ stats... Top speed of 0.4 km/h ... Hell yeah!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

TassieDevil_Original wrote:Just some more useless info, looking at the stats, am I the only one that does NOT have auto clutch on, and why does it say throttle? Because I have no to all help
options. And I seem to be the only one that had a pit stop that didn't require fixing any damage :lol: :D

Whoops forgot about Scottie, he doesn't have clutch on his either :melt:
Yeah this has been brought up before, I am not sure why it does it or even it is a bug to begin with, strange.

Rep's top speed is a classic, not sure how that has happened, maybe you joined the track just as the replay was saved?
Dukester

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Yeah I use a manual clutch, my left foot was aching so much at the end of the race!

I'm confused as to why I have a throttle flag! there is no throttle assistance available to me!
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

MPR 4 Hour Official Results:

Next time with a new reset system hopefully we can have most of the field make it to the finish and run the full race distance :)