Hillclimbs

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Enforcer-J

Hillclimbs

Post by Enforcer-J »

I'm entering my first one this coming Sunday at the Collingrove Hillclimb track in the Barossa. I'm looking forward to being able to push my TX3 without the consequences of trees and stoble poles if I stuff it up! Hopefully there's a few Rex's I can shame too :P
So yeah, come have a look if you're interested, theres quite a variety of cars heading up the hill too from Formula cars to Kingswoods.

More info on Collingrove here.. http://www.sportingcarclubsa.org.au/Def ... x?tabid=54

Also, the start of November sees the "Legend of the Lakes" Hillclimb at Mount Gambier. After the first event last year was so successful its on again, more info here... http://www.seacsa.com/hillclimb/hillclimb.htm and some cool pics of the action from last year here... http://ralphmeznar.smugmug.com/gallery/ ... #110473538
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

that's my mate in the NSX, he loved it, i think he did pretty well in the end. will try and have a go if my car is up to it by then.

http://ralphmeznar.smugmug.com/gallery/ ... #110476945
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/697067/28

because you can't drive a house
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

collingrove has some nasty rocks off track if you do happen to lose it on some particular corners, shame they dont do the downhill any more :(
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Sambo wrote:collingrove has some nasty rocks off track if you do happen to lose it on some particular corners, shame they dont do the downhill any more :(
tell me it involved billy karts... !!!!!!!! :D
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

:rofl:
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

awesome mate!

I/we want lots of pics to acompany the timesheet!

by the way, it would have to be a pig of a rex and/or driver to let a TX3 slip by them ;) :D
Steve
---
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Lol yeah that's what I'm counting on :D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

hmm.. i'm so gonna take the mazda to one of these, the poor thing will struggle to even make it to the top.....
DJglass

Post by DJglass »

Last time I was at Collingrove there were a few rally prep'd Evos and rexes setting stupidly fast times. Then they'd come down the return track to the "paddock" and pull out the laptop and start tweaking. Young guys too, must have too much cash burning a hole in their pockets.

Yes big rocks, stumps and trees if you get off the black stuff. I tried it once, spectated another time and decided that it is the worst value for money event out there. Hang around there all day for only 3 or 4 runs up the hill (in about 40 seconds each time).
Good luck and Have fun though :)
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

The lunch breaks at Collingrove go for ever!!! So boring at lunch. :(

Beware the moss rocks :)

First time I went there was when the 2-door STi's had just come out... and saw 5 of the bastards there.
It was really weird seeing that many in one place :)

The drive home was hilarious in a scary way. No shit, we were driving along, looked right and we're getting overtaken by some piece of shit white hiace van thing, coming up to a blind corner. Then I see the driver is some crazy old man with an old fashioned pipe in his mouth, ala Popeye, with some crazy 20 something year old chick, sitting on his lap with a big grin on her face. WTF!!!
This crazy mofo overtook 5 cars on the one blind corner, including 2x 2 door STi's... It was one of the scariest sights I've ever seen.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Pinger$ wrote:The lunch breaks at Collingrove go for ever!!! So boring at lunch. :(

Beware the moss rocks :)

First time I went there was when the 2-door STi's had just come out... and saw 5 of the bastards there.
It was really weird seeing that many in one place :)

The drive home was hilarious in a scary way. No shit, we were driving along, looked right and we're getting overtaken by some piece of shit white hiace van thing, coming up to a blind corner. Then I see the driver is some crazy old man with an old fashioned pipe in his mouth, ala Popeye, with some crazy 20 something year old chick, sitting on his lap with a big grin on her face. WTF!!!
This crazy mofo overtook 5 cars on the one blind corner, including 2x 2 door STi's... It was one of the scariest sights I've ever seen.
yeah, i was gonna wave but you know, hands occupied....
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Looks like I might be going up to have a look on Sunday... see how things pan out.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.